Any good news? Please help to stop rumors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
But is the car headed to Disneyland where the motto is "Keep Moving Forward" or is it headed to the orphanage to dump the "kids"?

"Sorry due to legal and other issues, we can't participate in the forums like we used to. We can say development is moving forward (true whether settlement in the works or not), we are fixing bugs and as soon as we can we'll be back and explain our absence."

Would people be pleased with that still? Nope...

I was wondering how long this thread could go without it being bumped.
I think it's pretty clear by now that everyone just needs to wait and see.
There is no date set when there will be an official statement, so it's futile to keep on questioning.
It is what it is and nothing said is going to change it.

But is the car headed to Disneyland where the motto is "Keep Moving Forward" or is it headed to the orphanage to dump the "kids"?

We'll know where it's not headed after June 12th.

I think a bus full of customers on a Magical Mystery Tour might be a better analogy. But I hate analogies so just customers betting their business on XenForo's product legitimately requesting information on the product.

You are right about them knowing how users feel and choosing to do nothing. No matter what the circumstance that is wrong and they coy almostuld say.

"Sorry due to legal and other issues, we can't participate in the forums like we used to. We can say development is moving forward (true whether settlement in the works or not), we are fixing bugs and as soon as we can we'll be back and explain our absence."

I think we need to keep these words from Kier in mind.

Development of XenForo is ongoing. It never stopped. Thank you all for your support.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/onwards.31311/#post-358409

I think we need to keep these words from Kier in mind.Development of XenForo is ongoing. It never stopped. Thank you all for your support.

What's in people's minds is that averaging seven posts a day for two years and none for close to the last 30 days, Kier is 210 posts short of a happy meal.

What development is ongoing? Do I buy XenPorta and XenMedio and pay someone to set them up or wait for 1.2 which might have a built in CMS and Gallery which I'd then have to pay someone to convert to?

I'm OK in either direction but question is holding up XenForo purchase, Add-on purchase and development purchase, all for lack of communication and road map on product development. Nothing to do with lawsuit unless the silence is due to the lawsuit and some impending settlement. If I find out on June 12 that XenForo is not vB5, I will still have to wait for answer about 1.2 having CMS or Gallery included before going forward. Don't want to pay twice for Add-ons and development.

You'd be surprised. Most people are simply unhappy that the loyal customer base got ignored. It's a bit late now, but if they'd said that from the outset it would have caused a LOT less problems.

People support this product and will grant the team a lot more slack than they would other companies, but it's a two way thing.

Mark I tend to avoid you for good reasons, but here it goes anyways.

These are PERSONAL opinions that related to my xf experience:

I for one don't feel ignored, I'm not requiring security patches every so often, I'm not running into any bugs at all, and support questions are still being answered as quick as ever. I personally am still having fun experimenting with XenForo and am working on launching a new project on it. I do feel majority of this talk in this thread is silly... and no not people voicing their concerns, but a lot of peoples attitudes.

I didn't come from the vB drama but it does feel like we all put KMA on a pedestal(as mentioned I believe earlier) and we expect so much of them. So far XenForo runs flawlessly(for me and many others) and they have stated an expected release for 1.2 AND Mike has even stated Kier's had personal issues which I absolutely respect that because my personal life comes before any online project, free or paid no matter the consequences.

I'm not saying I don't miss the old days of posting a suggestion and having Kier or Mike respond to it within a day or two, but even then I was wondering how long it would last. So go on and call me fan boy, go start a new conspiracy theory, or quote me on the little website to fulfill your life here on the world wide web.

The change in behavior, the lack of communication works so much to the disadvantage of XenForo that it begs the question, why would they do something that is so against their nature and so against their own better interest.

I was wondering the exact same thing lately.

Do for when a new version? For a long time that he does not know anything about xenforo updates and I am concerned.

Threads merged, despite starting off as slightly differentiating topics, they ended up talking about the same thing.

These are PERSONAL opinions that related to my xf experience:

I for one don't feel ignored, I'm not requiring security patches every so often, I'm not running into any bugs at all, and support questions are still being answered as quick as ever. I personally am still having fun experimenting with XenForo and am working on launching a new project on it. I do feel majority of this talk in this thread is silly... and no not people voicing their concerns, but a lot of peoples attitudes.

I didn't come from the vB drama but it does feel like we all put KMA on a pedestal(as mentioned I believe earlier) and we expect so much of them. So far XenForo runs flawlessly(for me and many others) and they have stated an expected release for 1.2 AND Mike has even stated Kier's had personal issues which I absolutely respect that because my personal life comes before any online project, free or paid no matter the consequences.

I'm not saying I don't miss the old days of posting a suggestion and having Kier or Mike respond to it within a day or two, but even then I was wondering how long it would last. So go on and call me fan boy, go start a new conspiracy theory, or quote me on the little website to fulfill your life here on the world wide web.

These are my sentiments exactly. Well, other than he forgot to include .... "Let's Go Heat!" :)

Customers don't care whether there is a good reason. In business you keep your customers up to date, and you answer their concerns, or ultimately you will fail. This isn't a charity.

Whilst you personally may be ok with it all, the fact remains that it damages credibility, and that's the issue XF face right now.

Two face much? I never heard you use such rhetoric at vBulletin.com.

... I am sorry to say, but: It´s very, very hard to defend KAM when they refuse to help and react. Let´s be pretty blunt: Why should they refuse to spread good news?

This is really, really sad and frustrating - and I never would have expected this to happen when KAM started. No matter what happened and what may be the explanation: You always have a choice - and they obviously chose to cut off communication... I am really disappointed.

By the way: This is no personal attack... and xenforo is not vB... so mods should bear with us a little longer.

they have already conveyed as much as they can at the moment...it is not their fault if people can't understand...there is also others in the community reiterating what KAM have already said. People still don't get it.

When you go have your car fixed (which costs way more by the way) do you call the mechanic to find out every single bolt he is turning at the moment...i didn't think so. You can ask someone to do something but you can't demand how they get it done.

asking them to stop and entertain individual questions is a bit ridiculous...that would stop them from doing stuff like...I dunno ....development...

You also have a choice...and you are choosing to be impatient...the difference is...KAM's choice ends up getting something done besides complaining.

If you think this is sad...you should try to be KAM for a minute and try to make every individual happy every time they complain and then you can talk about frustrating.

they have already conveyed as much as they can at the moment...it is not their fault if people can't understand...there is also others in the community reiterating what KAM have already said. People still don't get it.

When you go have your car fixed (which costs way more by the way) do you call the mechanic to find out every single bolt he is turning at the moment...i didn't think so. You can ask someone to do something but you can't demand how they get it done.

asking them to stop and entertain individual questions is a bit ridiculous...that would stop them from doing stuff like...I dunno ....development...

You also have a choice...and you are choosing to be impatient...the difference is...KAM's choice ends up getting something done besides complaining.

If you think this is sad...you should try to be KAM for a minute and try to make every individual happy every time they complain and then you can talk about frustrating.

... this is babytalk, I am afraid.

when was the last time you heard a baby make a cognitive sentence?

exactly....you are pushing the same issue like a lil' tantrum...that is baby talk.

Your trying to say they don't even have 5 minutes to make a catch all thread in the news forum? If they can't do that who honestly thinks, I dunno....any development is even going on? They could solve this with one post. ONE! This is what people are missing, especially KAM.

how can you solve a problem that is solved...

they have said all they are going to for now...

I wonder if you have thought before you have typed...

stopping to read these posts is a waste of their time...

They have made it clear, they have said all they are going to say for now....I don't know why everyone feels so entitled to pry for a reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom