Any good news? Please help to stop rumors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only because I gathered that this was a Good Vibe thread, not a "Who in Hades tinkled in YOUR cornflakes thread..."

1. Ashley responded lightening fast to all my pre-buy questions. Very Good Vibes.
2. Bought on Tuesday. Good vibes.
3. Jake Bunce installed Xenforo on my VPS. (Support your local Moderator!) Great Vibes.
4. Playing around with it for a couple of days, starting from scratch, and I am unschooled in code stuff. Great Vibes.
5. The stuff works out of the can. I've been grinning for 48 hours with Good Vibes.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I suspect the offer was tongue in cheek, at least that's how I took it.

Well he posted in public forum offering you to sell that license and never to look back into buying another xenforo license . I guess he must be serious enough.

I think the key thing people feel is missing in recent months is product information. We got regular product updates before, but haven't had anything of detail in months.

It would be good if Kier and/or Mike would post an update about where they are with development of the next release of XF and what we (customers) might expect from it (the product). (y)

Only because I gathered that this was a Good Vibe thread, not a "Who in Hades tinkled in YOUR cornflakes thread..."

1. Ashley responded lightening fast to all my pre-buy questions. Very Good Vibes.
2. Bought on Tuesday. Good vibes.
3. Jake Bunce installed Xenforo on my VPS. (Support your local Moderator!) Great Vibes.
4. Playing around with it for a couple of days, starting from scratch, and I am unschooled in code stuff. Great Vibes.
5. The stuff works out of the can. I've been grinning for 48 hours with Good Vibes.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Why do you have to be a killjoy? You're totally ruining their mood to complain and irritate everyone.

I demand you stop throwing out those facts and let them get back to panicking about nothing.

Where's the "loss of confidence issue"?

The devs have said they're aiming to release 1.2 in this quarter and the bugs (which are fairly minimal to say the least) are currently being fixed. All my tickets have been answered within a few hours and I've never had any issues with software.

The "loss of confidence" must be self created because so far, XenForo have done everything that they're required to do for me at least.

Why are you submitting support tickets if you haven't had an issue with the software? you're just wasting valuable development time. :ROFLMAO:

I think the key thing people feel is missing in recent months is product information. We got regular product updates before, but haven't had anything of detail in months.

It would be good if Kier and/or Mike would post an update about where they are with development of the next release of XF and what we (customers) might expect from it (the product). (y)

All well and good, but I sat here and lurked on this site for a couple of months, absorbing a lot of moaning and groaning and gnashing of teeth.
Thought about the lawsuit, and oncoming XF 1.2.
And finally figured "Nothing ventured, Nothing Gained." And I pulled the trigger and now have a currently VERY robust bit of software on my server that finally has me excited about pumping and pimping my forum.

I don't have stock in the company. Nor do I have an ownership interest. I just wanted something to play with that is already far superior to what I was using, and I got that done.

Same question was asked since first day the software was released publicly . We even saw Threads like "when will x.x arrive" next day the product went live . I don't think people exactly got what they wanted to hear . They have been pretty much silent about everything since day 1 . Only thing people missing here is Kier .....throwing his barefoot pictures in that barefoot threads . Mike showing up once in a while *without offline setting* answering questions etc . No one actually cares about their life behind programming and dealing with case that too in US. I doubt even if they post update today saying *1.2 will delay due to case or personal problems there will be more people whinning about it rather then trying to understand what's actually going on .

Oh Well it's awesome entertainment and timepass while i am bored at work lol .

While fixing issues is one part of the equation the other parts are keeping customers informed and steady stream of improvements and features to expand the software. If you look at IPB you will see that there consistant in the message and post requiler when a new version is about to come out. If IPB lower their prices of renewal by 40% people will leave Xenforo and vBulletin because RIO is just to low at the moment with the renewal prices.

The developers are developing. Fixing bugs. Working hard. They are under no obligation whatsoever to report what they're doing on these forums, nor to provide a steady stream of improvements and features, nor to even post on these forums - at all - ever. When it's time for a release, you'll know it, and you'll know what's in it. In the meantime, you can see the "improvements" first hand by watching the bugs being fixed in that forum.

Y'all keep talking about the developers having "disappeared" for months. They haven't disappeared. They've simply not been posting on the forums. Is there anywhere in the license that promises you that the developers will post a certain amount on the forums every day, week, or month? NO. You get what you paid for - forum software, and ticket support. That's what you paid for and that ALL you are entitled to. Like it or not.

The sense of entitlement y'all have is unreal. :rolleyes:

I see some have resorted to not renewing licenses. I understand the temptation, I understand you're within your every right to do so. I renewed despite of my discontent with the current communication lapses.

Things are not ok, but please consider whether financially draining KAM is currently the best approach to protest.

I regretfully have to say that while I renewed, I find myself looking at IPB and Vbulletin again and I do not like this for one single bit. I really like Xenforo, and as a result of that have high expectations. This product has a lot more potential, I've always believed in it.

In short: guys, don't let us down.

The developers are developing. Fixing bugs. Working hard. They are under no obligation whatsoever to report what they're doing on these forums, nor to provide a steady stream of improvements and features, nor to even post on these forums - at all - ever. When it's time for a release, you'll know it, and you'll know what's in it. In the meantime, you can see the "improvements" first hand by watching the bugs being fixed in that forum.

Y'all keep talking about the developers having "disappeared" for months. They haven't disappeared. They've simply not been posting on the forums. Is there anywhere in the license that promises you that the developers will post a certain amount on the forums every day, week, or month? NO. You get what you paid for - forum software, and ticket support. That's what you paid for and that ALL you are entitled to. Like it or not.

The feeling of entitlement y'all have is unreal. :rolleyes:

Whatever FANGIRL!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

The sense of entitlement y'all have is unreal. :rolleyes:

We just want what comes as a standard in the commuity forum business standard. Xenforo is meant to be a competitor to VB and IPB...so how can it compete when it's severely lacking in those areas? They are under no obligation to do anything for their customers, and likewise their customers are under no obligation to renew licences or buy new licenses in the first place. Being stuck up is a poor way to run a company.

The sense of justification some of you have on this issue is unreal. How about we throw another blanket excuse over it and change the topic again...either that or a mod will get fed up close the thread and a new one will be up in an hour. Like always.

That's a bit disingenuous given the developer's past history at vB, their past history here, the fact that developer and support people talking to customers in the forums is the norm for forum software support forums, vB, IPB and XenForo. It suddenly stopping at XenForo raises legitimate questions and criticism. That change and those questions and criticism are bad for business in a business where customer interaction via the support forums is the norm. It has the net effect of putting the business on hold no matter what they are doing on the development side. It's all so unnecessary and counter productive. The only thing that makes sense is they are working on something they cannot discuss so they just keep quiet. To the topic title, when they start communicating again, the rumors will stop. Til then, Vive Le Rumuer!!

Reactions: Cal
This is one of the most entertaining threads, in terms of comedic value, that I've read on here in a long time.

lol2.gif
Ever since the IB vs XF thread was closed over there, this one gets better each day.
I find myself checking in every 1/2 at work. :)
Y'all keep talking about the developers having "disappeared" for months. They haven't disappeared. They've simply not been posting on the forums.
But a complete 180 turnaround how it was when we first got here.

Ever since the IB vs XF thread was closed over there, this one gets better each day.
I find myself checking in every 1/2 at work. :)But a complete 180 turnaround how it was when we first got here.
Yep it is a complete turn around. And that's their fault - they spoiled us, lol.

Listen everyone, I'm not trying to make excuses for these guys, not at all. I completely understand why y'all are so upset, and believe it or not, I don't agree with, or like, their way of running things either.

However, all I'm saying is that they are under no obligation to keep you informed, to post updates, nor to post on these forums. You didn't buy their time when you purchased your license. You purchased a license, updates, and ticket support. That's it. :)

Yep it is a complete turn around. And that's their fault - they spoiled us, lol.
Spoiled? Maybe?
But that is what we were all looking for. A connection with the developers and community.
A kind of we are all in this together attitude.
Now I feel their lips are sealed at the advice of their counsel.
We just need to wait it out.

That change and those questions and criticism are bad for business in a business where customer interaction via the support forums is the norm.
It is the norm for customer service reps, and moderators to interact with the customers perhaps. It is rarely the norm for developers to interact with the customers. Which is one reason that everyone has their britches in a wad - Kier and Mike spoiled y'all by interacting on the forums so much in the early XF days, and since most people here came over from vB, they weren't used to it, and got all excited about all the transparency, etc. Now all's quiet and everyone's poppin' a lid.

Spoiled? Maybe?
But that is what we were all looking for. A connection with the developers and community.
A kind of we are all in this together attitude.
Now I feel their lips are sealed at the advice of their counsel.
We just need to wait it out.

You maybe. I was just looking for something that worked. I couldn't care less about a connection with developers.

If their lips are indeed sealed at the advice of their counsel, then people need to respect that, shut up with the conspiracy theories and wait it out, as you just suggested.

It is the norm for customer service reps, and moderators to interact with the customers perhaps. It is rarely the norm for developers to interact with the customers.

But it was the norm for XenForo developers when they were at vB. It was the norm for XenForo. From what I see right now at vB and IPB forums, it is the norm in the industry right now.

However, all I'm saying is that they are under no obligation to keep you informed, to post updates, nor to post on these forums. You didn't buy their time when you purchased your license. You purchased a license, updates, and ticket support. That's it.

And I think that's what some, myself fer shure, disagree with based on industry history, the developers own history, XenForo history and industry norms. They are, in fact, under an obligation to communicate with their customer base via their support forum, as they did at vB, as they did in XenForo, as is expected at all the forum software companies.

Reactions: Cal
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom