[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Do they go by a different name now? I don't see them anywhere. There is a "Recent Accordion" block. But it says that it's a "recent article accordion" as opposed to recent post or attachment. How do I create an article?

Last edited:
Is that the only slider available now? Is there a way to set the width for the "recent features block? As of now it it uses 100% of the width.

Is that the only slider available now? Is there a way to set the width for the "recent features block? As of now it it uses 100% of the width.
RecentAccordion and RecentSlider were deprecated in favor of RecentFeatures. You can probably get RecentFeatures to stay at a fixed width via CSS. I believe the old sliders still work if you prefer them, but just be aware they're unsupported.

RecentAccordion and RecentSlider were deprecated in favor of RecentFeatures. You can probably get RecentFeatures to stay at a fixed width via CSS. I believe the old sliders still work if you prefer them, but just be aware they're unsupported.

I'll see what I can do. It seems like the RecentSlider was a lot easier to configure it has built in width and height features. Can you explain to me what an article is? How do I create one? Thank you.

Is there a way to make the images in the slider non-click able? Basically, I want use the slider for ads for another site, when someone clicks on the slider image it brings them to the actual image in my forum. Can the image redirect to a different site? Or just be non-clickable?

I'll see what I can do. It seems like the RecentSlider was a lot easier to configure it has built in width and height features. Can you explain to me what an article is? How do I create one? Thank you.
You can set the height for RecentFeatures via its block options. If you want to force a certain width...
Code:
#recentFeatures { width: 800px !important; }
Put that into EXTRA.css, and change the width to whatever you would like.

An article is simply a thread on your forum. XenPorta turns it into an 'article,' of sorts. When you select the nodes you want your news to feed from, those threads become your articles. If you want, you can enable the article view for threads, like Jaxel has it on his site: http://8wayrun.com/threads/soulcalibur-lost-swords-beta-test-announced.17282/
Or you can just have the title redirect to your thread. You can toggle this in the XenPorta options.

But, to put it simply, to create an article, all you have to do is post in one of the nodes you've selected for the RecentNews block to feed from.

I can't see the twitter block but every other member can. I have hide from groups checked with no groups checked.
Have you customized the page layout outside of the ACP? Go to your portal, click the 'Customize This Page' sub-link in the navigation, and press the 'Revert All' button.

You can set the height for RecentFeatures via its block options. If you want to force a certain width...
Code:
#recentFeatures { width: 800px !important; }
Put that into EXTRA.css, and change the width to whatever you would like.

An article is simply a thread on your forum. XenPorta turns it into an 'article,' of sorts. When you select the nodes you want your news to feed from, those threads become your articles. If you want, you can enable the article view for threads, like Jaxel has it on his site: http://8wayrun.com/threads/soulcalibur-lost-swords-beta-test-announced.17282/
Or you can just have the title redirect to your thread. You can toggle this in the XenPorta options.

But, to put it simply, to create an article, all you have to do is post in one of the nodes you've selected for the RecentNews block to feed from.

You're a life saver. I am having one problem though. When I create an attachment called "slide.jpg" only one slide shows up. The Only way that I've gotten more slides to show up is to attach them all to the first post and call them all "slide.jpg" which becomes very time consuming as I have to rename and upload each one individually as windows doesn't allow me to have multiple images with the same name. How do I get all images in a thread to show up correctly? I've even tried making multiple replies with each attachment called "slide.jpg". Does this having something to do with articles? Basically, I just want to be able to upload a bunch of images to one thread or directory and have them rotate, it seems like it should be a lot simpler than this.

That's not how it works. It will pull the slide.jpg attachment from all the different threads, not posts within the same thread. So if you put 5 slides in the first post of 5 threads, it will show those.

You're a life saver. I am having one problem though. When I create an attachment called "slide.jpg" only one slide shows up. The Only way that I've gotten more slides to show up is to attach them all to the first post and call them all "slide.jpg" which becomes very time consuming as I have to rename and upload each one individually as windows doesn't allow me to have multiple images with the same name. How do I get all images in a thread to show up correctly? I've even tried making multiple replies with each attachment called "slide.jpg". Does this having something to do with articles? Basically, I just want to be able to upload a bunch of images to one thread or directory and have them rotate, it seems like it should be a lot simpler than this.
Basically, what @Dakis said. It sounds like you're looking for an ad slider, not a news slider. I'm sure RecentFeatures could be repurposed for that (or you could just make an entirely new block), but you'd have to do some coding.

Have you customized the page layout outside of the ACP? Go to your portal, click the 'Customize This Page' sub-link in the navigation, and press the 'Revert All' button.

The twitter block was in the disabled blocks area on the customize this page area for me. I enabled the twitter block on that page and can now see it. I'm wondering why this was different for me and not regular users who were able to see the twitter block from my changes in the acp. Thanks for your help.

An exception occurred: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect arguments to mysqld_stmt_execute in /home/reignofc/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 214

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
  5. EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
  6. EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
  7. EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
  8. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
  9. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 572
  10. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/reignofc/public_html/index.php at line 13

I get the error message above when ever I try to promote a thread
any idea what the issue is and how I solve it.

Basically, what @Dakis said. It sounds like you're looking for an ad slider, not a news slider. I'm sure RecentFeatures could be repurposed for that (or you could just make an entirely new block), but you'd have to do some coding.

I get it now. How big do you suggest making the Slider so that images display properly?

I get it now. How big do you suggest making the Slider so that images display properly?
Well the height is set, so you use whatever you input for it. The width depends on the width of your site's style. If you have a fixed width then it would be easy to calculate, if you have a fluid width it'll be more difficult and it won't be exact. Bigger is always better. I usually try to make mine at least 1250px, just so it fills the screen on larger pages.

Hi, hopefully one of you can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

When I promote a thread, it becomes visible to all groups on the Porta page. Even those without permission to view the post/thread in the forums. I've checked my permission settings and gone through the settings of the blocks, etc. So far I'm drawing a blank. I did see this was asked before, but couldn't track down an answer in the 180+ discussion pages.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi, hopefully one of you can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

When I promote a thread, it becomes visible to all groups on the Porta page. Even those without permission to view the post/thread in the forums. I've checked my permission settings and gone through the settings of the blocks, etc. So far I'm drawing a blank. I did see this was asked before, but couldn't track down an answer in the 180+ discussion pages.

Thanks in advance!
This appears to be how it is designed. So be very careful about promoting stuff to the front page and make sure those with permissions to promote are also aware of this if you want to avoid private threads appearing on the portal.

This appears to be how it is designed. So be very careful about promoting stuff to the front page and make sure those with permissions to promote are also aware of this if you want to avoid private threads appearing on the portal.

Thanks! That's what I was starting to realize. It would be great if this worked with permissions. For now though, due to the way my site is run, I'll have to disable promoting threads. Thanks again!

Well the height is set, so you use whatever you input for it. The width depends on the width of your site's style. If you have a fixed width then it would be easy to calculate, if you have a fluid width it'll be more difficult and it won't be exact. Bigger is always better. I usually try to make mine at least 1250px, just so it fills the screen on larger pages.

Again you've been tremendously helpful. Two more questions: Is there a way to make the RecentNews block static ? Basically, I want it to always point to my welcome message in the forum, currently if I make another thread in the forum it shows the new thread as the most recent news. My other question is, is there a way to get the RecentNews block to show the full image, as opposed to just the thumbnail?

Top Bottom