[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
I would like to add a "sub" menu to the "home" button that goes to XenPorta. Basically, a simple site on should be loaded (send in news) like on http://www.valvetime.net/

Any ideas?

To add that, go to the templates section (appearence > style > yourstyle > templates), and search for nav. The first one that'll come up should be named EWRporta_Navtabs. All the code in that template is below.
HTML:
<ul class="secondaryContent blockLinksList">
    <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}"><li><a href="{xen:link 'watched/threads'}">{xen:phrase watched_threads}</a></li></xen:if>
    <li><a href="{xen:link 'recent-activity'}">{xen:phrase recent_activity}</a></li>
    <li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/threads'}">{xen:phrase whats_new}</a></li>
    <li><a href="{xen:link 'help'}">{xen:phrase help}</a></li>
    <xen:if is="{$perms.custom}">
        <li style="width: 50px; height: 10px;"></li>
        <li><a href="{xen:link 'portal/blocks'}">{xen:phrase customize_this_page}</a></li>
    </xen:if>
</ul>

To add the link (Or make the page look like valvetime.net's), do the following:

Just adding the link-
HTML:
    <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}"><li><a href="{xen:link 'watched/threads'}">{xen:phrase watched_threads}</a></li></xen:if>
    <li><a href="{xen:link 'recent-activity'}">{xen:phrase recent_activity}</a></li>
    <li><a href="http://yourpage.com">Submit News</a></li>
    <li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/threads'}">{xen:phrase whats_new}</a></li>
    <li><a href="{xen:link 'help'}">{xen:phrase help}</a></li>
    <xen:if is="{$perms.custom}">
        <li style="width: 50px; height: 10px;"></li>
        <li><a href="{xen:link 'portal/blocks'}">{xen:phrase customize_this_page}</a></li>
    </xen:if>
</ul>

If you want it to be exactly like valvetime.net's-
HTML:
    <li><a href="http://yourpage.com">News / Features Archive</a></li>
    <li><a href="http://yourpage.com">Submit News</a></li>
</ul>

That's all I got. Hope this helped. The one thing I'd note is that both of the pages they have there are custom (I believe). The submit news thing looks more like a "contact us" form, but the archives is definitely a page.

Thanks @Zackerykr! We have a simple form (addon) we'd like to use for that, just to be sure... where would this link go?

Sorry got it at the end, thanks!

I can not get in the block RecentFeature see all the photos of attachments that I gradually put in the various notifications, I still see only the first one I named slide.jpg, how can I do to make her see all the images, or at least the first image in each News I've created ?
Thanks
RecentFeatures is not designed to show multiple attachments from a single news post. To show an attachment on RecentFeatures, upload an attachment to a news post called slide.jpg. That will be pulled for RecentFeatures. If you have more than one news post (as in, more than one thread), you can attach a slide.jpg to the OP of each news thread. I'm pretty sure there's a recent attachments block somewhere, which shows all the board's attachments. That may be what you're looking for, rather than a news slider.

I'll be paying somebody who can help me solve global thread layout issues.

Also. How do you set permissions for xenporta.

Last edited:
For some reason none of the Globalized Custom Layouts are working even with modifying those two templates . Please help.

Any helppleaseee
Which custom layouts are you using?

Things to check:

• Don't use the Customise This Page link on the Portal page or any other page. Click on this link on any of the pages and then click Revert All. After that, I'd suggest you remove the permission from any usergroups (set it to Not Set (No) ) and do all future changes from the ACP.
  • In the ACP, in XenPorta > Layouts click on any layouts you intend to use and drag the blocks to where you want them to be
  • In the ACP, in XenPorta > Blocks make sure you have set up all of the blocks correctly with any permissions and settings you require (click on each block you are using in turn to access and set the options)
If you are having any problems after this, you'll need to post details and maybe screenshots to help us determine what the issue is.

Which custom layouts are you using?

Things to check:

• Don't use the Customise This Page link on the Portal page or any other page. Click on this link on any of the pages and then click Revert All. After that, I'd suggest you remove the permission from any usergroups (set it to Not Set (No) ) and do all future changes from the ACP.
  • In the ACP, in XenPorta > Layouts click on any layouts you intend to use and drag the blocks to where you want them to be
  • In the ACP, in XenPorta > Blocks make sure you have set up all of the blocks correctly with any permissions and settings you require (click on each block you are using in turn to access and set the options)
If you are having any problems after this, you'll need to post details and maybe screenshots to help us determine what the issue is.

I would like to use all custom layouts. :) Also, I have tried everything you have posted in the thread.

My website is http://pulseclan.net and currently with all of the global layout's selected they are not working. I have added those 2 lines to those templates and still nothing.

I would gladly provide screenshot's of anything you request.

I would like to use all custom layouts. :) Also, I have tried everything you have posted in the thread.

My website is http://pulseclan.net and currently with all of the global layout's selected they are not working. I have added those 2 lines to those templates and still nothing.

I would gladly provide screenshot's of anything you request.
Looking at your site, they are working - at least the Portal page is, I can see it has a different layout from the Forums page.

The custom layout for the Forums page is the one in XenPorta called Index. Have you set this up? If so, can you post a screenshot of the layout you have set in the ACP?

Looking at your site, they are working - at least the Portal page is, I can see it has a different layout from the Forums page.

The custom layout for the Forums page is the one in XenPorta called Index. Have you set this up? If so, can you post a screenshot of the layout you have set in the ACP?

This is what I have my layout set to.

SL7HZWj.png

But what I really want is my portal to be my home page and the forums to be /forums

Here's what the xenporta options looks like.

5IZPGXP.png

This is what I have my layout set to.

SL7HZWj.png

But what I really want is my portal to be my home page and the forums to be /forums

Here's what the xenporta options looks like.

5IZPGXP.png

You're now asking for a solution to a different problem from what you initially asked. Let's just deal with the first problem.

You have posted a screenshot of the Portal layout, not the Index layout. Portal layout is working fine (though RecentThreads and RecentNews should be in the Top-Right and Mid-Right positions to make them full width. They are of course blank because you have no posts on your forums). So I need a screenshot of the Index layout. Have you installed this? Click on the Layouts link and if you can't see it, install it and then set it up.

Your second problem is setting your portal to Home page. Are you using the latest version of XenPorta (i.e. 1.6.0?) If so, this is for the latest version of Xenforo (1.2 and above). You are using Xenforo 1.1.5. For this version you need to be using XenPorta 1.5.8a (which you can get from the Version History tab above) as this has a setting in it to do what you want (Xenforo 1.2. has a separate setting for this which is why it was removed in the latest version). So you'll either need to upgrade your forums to 1.2 or uninstall XenPorta and then reinstall version 1.5.8a.

You're now asking for a solution to a different problem from what you initially asked. Let's just deal with the first problem.

You have posted a screenshot of the Portal layout, not the Index layout. Portal layout is working fine (though RecentThreads and RecentNews should be in the Top-Right and Mid-Right positions to make them full width. They are of course blank because you have no posts on your forums). So I need a screenshot of the Index layout. Have you installed this? Click on the Layouts link and if you can't see it, install it and then set it up.

Your second problem is setting your portal to Home page. Are you using the latest version of XenPorta (i.e. 1.6.0?) If so, this is for the latest version of Xenforo (1.2 and above). You are using Xenforo 1.1.5. For this version you need to be using XenPorta 1.5.8a (which you can get from the Version History tab above) as this has a setting in it to do what you want (Xenforo 1.2. has a separate setting for this which is why it was removed in the latest version). So you'll either need to upgrade your forums to 1.2 or uninstall XenPorta and then reinstall version 1.5.8a.

I'm using a outdated version because of the flextile theme not being compatible with the newer versions. So i'll try to uninstall xenporta, and install that version that you said. After that, I'll post a screenshot of the Index Layout.
Thanks for the help :)

EDIT:

OK so I downgraded Xenporta, and it's working perfectly, other than when I go to promote a thread this error pops up:

An exception occurred: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect arguments to mysqld_stmt_execute in /home/u1192463/sites/pulseclan/public-html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 214

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
  5. EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
  6. EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
  7. EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 220
  8. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
  9. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 536
  10. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/u1192463/sites/pulseclan/public-html/index.php at line 13

And for some reason now, the xenporta main page looks all messed up:

fjHFwSj.png

Last edited:
I'm using a outdated version because of the flextile theme not being compatible with the newer versions. So i'll try to uninstall xenporta, and install that version that you said. After that, I'll post a screenshot of the Index Layout.
Thanks for the help :)
As your forum appears to be new (I'm assuming this is the case as there are no posts) then can I suggest you consider moving to another theme that is compatible with 1.2, which has been out for some time now. You are missing a lot of new features for the sake of a theme which doesn't look like it is going to get updates anytime soon (if at all) and things will only get more difficult as time goes on.

As your forum appears to be new (I'm assuming this is the case as there are no posts) then can I suggest you consider moving to another theme that is compatible with 1.2, which has been out for some time now. You are missing a lot of new features for the sake of a theme which doesn't look like it is going to get updates anytime soon (if at all) and things will only get more difficult as time goes on.

Can d0. I have been trying to get all this to work for 2 months now. That's why there are no posts lol.

RecentFeatures is not designed to show multiple attachments from a single news post. To show an attachment on RecentFeatures, upload an attachment to a news post called slide.jpg. That will be pulled for RecentFeatures. If you have more than one news post (as in, more than one thread), you can attach a slide.jpg to the OP of each news thread. I'm pretty sure there's a recent attachments block somewhere, which shows all the board's attachments. That may be what you're looking for, rather than a news slider.

Thank you the answer, what I need is a slideshow that pairs a News image so that when the user click on the slideshow is brought to specific news. I saw the slideshow of this site: http://8wayrun.com/ from what I've seen seems to me the recentFeatures.

Ok, I'm going to install a new theme that's compatible with the latest update. I dont like using outdated forum software anyways.

Ok. So I got the theme, updated the site. And every time I promote threads I get:

An exception occurred: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect arguments to mysqld_stmt_execute in /home/u1192463/sites/pulseclan/public-html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 214

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
  5. EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
  6. EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
  7. EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 220
  8. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
  9. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 536
  10. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/u1192463/sites/pulseclan/public-html/index.php at line 13

And ontop of that, The layout is all messed up.

http://pulseclan.net/forums/

for some reason the xenporta is showing up in the forums tab, and I dont want the porta to show there, just on the index page.

Do you know how to fix that?

Thank you the answer, what I need is a slideshow that pairs a News image so that when the user click on the slideshow is brought to specific news. I saw the slideshow of this site: http://8wayrun.com/ from what I've seen seems to me the recentFeatures.
Oh yeah, that is RecentFeatures and it will do what you're looking for. I must have misunderstood your post, my bad.

Oh yeah, that is RecentFeatures and it will do what you're looking for. I must have misunderstood your post, my bad.

Ok but how do I set it as one of the links?
If known at that site every picture is called differently but all the first images of every single news are reported in the slideshow, how can I do to get the same thing?

Ok but how do I set it as one of the links?
If known at that site every picture is called differently but all the first images of every single news are reported in the slideshow, how can I do to get the same thing?
It should link the slides to the news by default. If a news post appears in your RecentNews block, and you want it also to appear on RecentFeatures, attach slide.jpg to the post and it should appear on the slider. You can't make it always pull the first image, to my knowledge, unless you always name your first image slide.jpg.

It should link the slides to the news by default. If a news post appears in your RecentNews block, and you want it also to appear on RecentFeatures, attach slide.jpg to the post and it should appear on the slider. You can't make it always pull the first image, to my knowledge, unless you always name your first image slide.jpg.

I do not think the solution, it seems strange that the only way to display images in reference to every single news and appoint each of the images with "slide.jpg" I do not think the solution is, the author of this add in its on-site specifies that the selection of the images should not be based on the name because the images are different, with different names, just click on the individual images to see that they have different names from slide.jpg.
There must be another solution, I'm waiting.

Top Bottom