• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenCarta (Lite Wiki)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes perfect sense now. The more I work with this add-on, the more I think "God I love this software". Definitely need a guide explaining everything though.

Would it be possible or even a good idea if all the addon developers could see each other's code ?
Almost like work as a "team" ?
Thoughts ?

I went ahead and sent a donation for this mod. Thanks again Jaxel.

I also noticed a bug has been fixed with this update.

BUG, can duplicate. When entering new pages I type the Title, then tab through the Link URL to the Data Type field, where I press TAB to change from BBCode to HTML. I then tab out and begin entering information and press Create New Page. In 100% of cases when I check back the Data Type field shows as BBCode. For some reason the HTML change does not work unless I make the change by opening the drop down box and selecting HTML.

The above issue has been resolved. The below issues remain. If you could please consider these suggestions with your next update, I am many wiki users would appreciate it.

Bug: the Preview system does not work correctly. Wiki pages take up approximately 70% of the screen, leaving the other 30% for the sidebar. When you enter EDIT mode, the page takes up 100% of the screen which is great for editing. The problem is when you select PREVIEW the screen remains at 100% so the spacing is off quite a lot. The preview is not like what the wiki page will look like.

1. BUG. I created a page, and now I am trying to change the Link URL. Whenever I change it, I save it, it changes back. So, once a page is created the Link URL is permanent? The only way to make a change would be to delete the page and make a new one? The breadcrumb shows the new page path, but the actual link retains the old path.

2. I was trying to copy Jaxel's indexICON page but when I created the title all the letters were forced into lowercase. It's not possible to provide a template with any upper case letters in the name, correct?

4. I noticed the Page List on 8wayrun.com is a long 1 column list. May I suggest adjusting the CSS in XenCarta to format that list into 3 columns?

I am having trouble with displaying images in Wiki. I have my wiki page set for BB Code.

Code:
The default Key Mapping for Tera can be seen below.

[ATTACH=full]49[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]46[/ATTACH]

The page appears as:
WikiAttachment.webp

These images appear in a forum post. I simply copied/pasted the BB Code for these attachments into Wiki. I need the images to appear, not the links.

I am having trouble with displaying images in Wiki. I have my wiki page set for BB Code.

Code:
The default Key Mapping for Tera can be seen below.

[ATTACH=full]49[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]46[/ATTACH]

The page appears as:
View attachment 13485

These images appear in a forum post. I simply copied/pasted the BB Code for these attachments into Wiki. I need the images to appear, not the links.
You can not use [ATTACH] on items that are not part of the original content. This is UNIVERSAL for XenForo. If you attach an image in a post, and try to then use the attach code for that image on a different post, you will get a link to the attachment instead of the embed. The way to get around this is to use [IMG] instead of the attach code.

Thank you for that information.

I feel rather dumb but I still am not able to get it to work. I have tried
Code:
[IMG=full]49[/IMG]
that did not work so I also tried
Code:
[img]49[/img]
that did not work either. Finally tried
Code:
[img][attach=full]49[/attach][/img]
again, no success

[IMG]http://xenforo.com/community/attachments/wikiattachment-jpg.13485/?embedded=1[/IMG]

wikiattachment-jpg.13485

Hi,

Has anyone had a problem with links overlapping in the navigation block? If so, was a fix posted for it? I've looked through the thread but didn't see it even though I'm sure there was one.

bridgewiki.webp

Regards,
Renada

Change ".wikiNav li" within ewrcarta.css template from 33.3% width to 50% width, which changes it from 3 columns to two columns.

If you used large names, use 100% making it one column.

Jaxel, is it possible to have the sidebar block wiki navigation to display only the children list of a particular parent. As of now, if I have a Parent called "Glossary" and then sub parents as "A" "B" "C" etc.. with each sub parents containg children within, if I display sidebar block, I will get a list of all the childrens in "Glossary" when I enter into a children of "A" for example :/

I think it would make more since to have the wiki navigation only display the children of the parent or sub parent I'm in.

Well my PC is straight up dead now. In case you don't know, the raid controller on my MOBO died last week, taking out my main hard drive (which was not raid'd, ironically, the drives that were in raid0, work perfectly fine)... so I ran to best buy, bought a hard drive and a new raid controller and everything was working again... although with a major performance decrease.

Well yesterday my MOBO died completely. I've just ordered a new case (better for transport), new mobo, cpu, coolers and ram... but I wont have a computer up and running till sometime next week. So until then, I wont really be looking at anyone's comments or recommendations, except on my cell phone. If you can, please donate! =P

Read through the thread but might have missed the answer to my question.

When the TOC is generated from the title tags, the anchor url includes a number in it based on the link's order in the TOC. Problem is, if new sections are added, or the order is rearranged, the anchor links change, which can break links to those sections from other pages. Is there anyway to remove the numbers in the anchor links? Or perhaps better yet, keep the numbers to prevent duplicate links, but assign them in the order of link entry, as opposed to section arrangement.

Thanks.

As you create new headings, the TOC is updated. Go into administrate and drop the cache, which will give you the latest version of your page, not a cached version. It should drop your cache on save as well.

As you create new headings, the TOC is updated. Go into administrate and drop the cache, which will give you the latest version of your page, not a cached version. It should drop your cache on save as well.

Thanks. The TOC is updating, which is what is creating the issue. I think I might not have explained properly (or I might not be understanding your explanation :confused:).

if you had a TOC of:

Animal
Mineral
Vegetable

The links to each item would contain something like:

/#1-animal
/#2-mineral
/#3-vegetable

The problem (as I see it) is, if you want to insert a new item anywhere other than at the end of the list, the system updates the link numbering based on the TOC ordering. For example, let's say you wanted to add a heading for Fruit after Animal

Animal
Fruit
Mineral
Vegetable

The links would change to:

/#1-animal
/#2-fruit
/#3-mineral
/#4-vegetable

The TOC links will work just fine as the system updates that appropriately, but if anyone has included a link on another page to say, /#3-vegetable, that link will no longer work as expected - it will simply link to the page top, rather than directly to the anchor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom