• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenCarta (Lite Wiki)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops, misspelled it.. I meant the LIKE feature.

Also, is there a way I can dig into mysql and set every page to remove sidebar so I don't have to do it manually?
LIKE ability is based on a PERMISSION... make sure your usergroup has permission to like wiki items.

Off the top of my head...
Code:
UPDATE `EWRcarta_pages` SET page_sidebar = '0';

Hi Jaxel,

When rebuilding my search index it stops when trying to rebuild the wiki search. If I press continue I get a blank white page. Am I doing something wrong?

cache.webp

Regards,
Renada :)

No it works for me to, thanks for your help. (y)

But I've got another question, is it posible to change theContents list in to an BB-Code so I can place it where ever I want? (for example floating it right or left)

minor bug report for the Wiki search

My Wiki Index page has a logo aligned to the left. It appears perfectly normal on the page. When I do a search that brings up the index, you can see the align=left code.

WikiIndex.webp

WikiSearch.webp

A couple very minor suggestions for the next update:

I tested the Wiki search and the normal site search. Both work wonderfully! Perhaps include a default avatar for wiki pages? It seems a bit odd when performing a normal search and wiki results are returned with a blank.

WikiSearch2.webp

- The Like feature is great! Tested it and it works well. On forum pages the Like feature appears on the right side and is not enclosed in brackets. For consistency I would suggest moving the Like to the right side of the wiki and mirror the XF default setup.

Is it possible to assign an author in a hidden field within the options, so likes are passed to the author of the page?

Will certainly be checking this update out thoroughly in a day or two when time permits...

[8wayRun.Com] XenCarta (Lite Wiki) v1.3.0 CHANGELOG
  • Added a search handler! The EWRcarta_search table is now obsolete and you may delete it from your database if you wish. You may need to rebuild your search indexes before the Wiki pages show up in your search results.
  • Added a like handler! Since wiki pages don't belong to anybody, no one will receive like points.
  • Added an attachment handler! You can now upload and attach images directly to a wiki page!
  • Added a news feed handler! Whenever someone edits a wiki page, it will show up in the news feed. (Question: What news feed ? The entire site News Feed ? )
Whoa !
That's some serious sweetness !
Can't wait to try Attachments.

Turn debug mode on and try again.

Fatal error: Class name must be a valid object or a string in /home/sites/xxxxxx.com/public_html/xxxxx/boards/forums/library/XenForo/Search/DataHandler/Abstract.php on line 280

Does this help? Still no errors in the log though.

Regards,

Fatal error: Class name must be a valid object or a string in /home/sites/xxxxxx.com/public_html/xxxxx/boards/forums/library/XenForo/Search/DataHandler/Abstract.php on line 280

Does this help? Still no errors in the log though.

Regards,
Nope... not really, I would need the Stack Trace... I'm thinking the error doesn't have anything to do with XenCarta. It's probably another mod, and this just happens to be the first time you've ever rebuilt your search index. The same thing happened when I moved XenMedio into the XenForo search... people started rebuilding their indexes, and were getting errors... but it had nothing to do with XenMedio.

minor bug report for the Wiki search

My Wiki Index page has a logo aligned to the left. It appears perfectly normal on the page. When I do a search that brings up the index, you can see the align=left code.
Not a bug... I assume you are doing [template=???] align=left [/template]? Well "templates" are technically not BBcode... at least not BBcode that XenForo can recognize, therefore it can not strip it from the search index like it would standard BBcode. If you're trying to do things as simple as template alignment, I recommend you make some custom BBcode for that.

Nope... not really, I would need the Stack Trace... I'm thinking the error doesn't have anything to do with XenCarta. It's probably another mod, and this just happens to be the first time you've ever rebuilt your search index. The same thing happened when I moved XenMedio into the XenForo search... people started rebuilding their indexes, and were getting errors... but it had nothing to do with XenMedio.

How do I get you the stack trace? Also when the search is rebuilding (I just watched it) and it stops at wiki (5) - not sure if that helps you either :)

Turned off all addons except wiki, portal, media and events and it still stops on - wiki (5)

Not a bug... I assume you are doing [template=???] align=left [/template]? Well "templates" are technically not BBcode... at least not BBcode that XenForo can recognize, therefore it can not strip it from the search index like it would standard BBcode. If you're trying to do things as simple as template alignment, I recommend you make some custom BBcode for that.

Your assessment is dead-on perfect. I did try using some custom BBcode as you suggested. The BBcode worked perfectly but the result is the same. Any other ideas?
WikiSearch3.webp

The code presently is:
Code:
 [float_left][template=logo][/template][/float_left]

The code was initially:
Code:
[template=logo]align=left[/template]

Hi Jaxel,

When rebuilding my search index it stops when trying to rebuild the wiki search. If I press continue I get a blank white page. Am I doing something wrong?

View attachment 13275

Regards,

I had the same issue myself - just kept trying to reinstall and finally it went through.
I'm on sharehosting so............

It's to be expected I guess.

I had the same issue myself - just kept trying to reinstall and finally it went through.
I'm on sharehosting so............

It's to be expected I guess.

Glad I wasn't the only one :)

As mine was a fresh import I just redid the whole thing and it seems ok now.

[8wayRun.Com] XenCarta (Lite Wiki) v1.3.0 CHANGELOG
THIS IS A HUGE UPDATE!
Delete your entire /library/EWRcarta/ directory before you install this update!
  • HighSlide has been depricated, you can now delete /js/highslide/ and /js/highslide.js... unless of course you want to continue using it. However HighSlide and the default gallery template will no longer be supported moving forward.
  • The ability to remove the sidebar with [NOSIDEBAR] has been depricated. From now on, the removal of the sidebar has been shifted to a page specific option on the edit page. You may need to go through your pages to make sure they are up to date with this methodology.
  • Added an option to remove the page sublist from the top of the page with a page specific option on the edit page. The page family tree will still remain on the sidebar, if your page has one.
  • Added a search handler! The EWRcarta_search table is now obsolete and you may delete it from your database if you wish. You may need to rebuild your search indexes before the Wiki pages show up in your search results.
  • Added a like handler! Since wiki pages don't belong to anybody, no one will receive like points.
  • Added an attachment handler! You can now upload and attach images directly to a wiki page!
  • Added a news feed handler! Whenever someone edits a wiki page, it will show up in the news feed.
  • You can now use BBCode on pages defined as the HTML type.

Finally! I'm freaking out :D thanks Jaxel! - donation on the way.

Jaxel, there is still an error in the first post.
library/EWRcarta/addon_EWRcarta.xml ist the old file.
I have noticed this by copy and paste.
It must be
library/EWRcarta/addon-EWRcarta.xml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom