• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenCarta (Lite Wiki)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wiki page URL's cannot be changed by themself, as they MUST directly reflect the page title. Change the title, the URL mimics it. This is how the auto cross page linking system works.

The wiki page URL's cannot be changed by themself, as they MUST directly reflect the page title. Change the title, the URL mimics it. This is how the auto cross page linking system works.

With all respect I believe you are mistaken on this point. Ideally that is how the system SHOULD work imo, but that is not what I am seeing.

Look at my wiki. www.terapvp.com/wiki/testing

The original page I created was named "testing". The page name and URL were both testing. I then changed the page title to "testing2". The page NAME changed but the URL did not. I now have a page named "testing2" which is accessed by the /testing URL.

[8wayRun.Com] XenCarta (Lite Wiki) v1.3.1 CHANGELOG
  • Creating new pages will now properly save page settings on previews.
  • You can now once again edit pages and change their slugs urls.
  • Pages will now only get marked as updated if content changes, not settings.
  • The family tree on the sidebar will now be properly indented.
  • Attachments, Likes and NewsFeed items will now be deleted when a page is deleted.
  • Expanded Wiki likes page will now be linked correctly.

I see some folks here using the Portal by Jaxel on the root, have Xenforo on /forum/ and the rest of Jaxel's mods on /wiki/, /media/, etc.

I hope this structure is possible for people who don't use Portal but Wordpress on root directory so that I can have /wiki/ at the same level as /forum/ instead of /forum/wiki/ now.

Is it possible?

Jaxel, create new php page brings me to a normal create page form with the new version. Not allowing me to create a php page.

Jaxel, create new php page brings me to a normal create page form with the new version. Not allowing me to create a php page.
Oops... add at Line 35 of EWRcarta_ControllerPublic_Wiki_Special:
Code:
$input['page_type'] = $this->_input->filterSingle('page_type', XenForo_Input::STRING);

Creating new pages will now properly save page settings on previews.
tested, NOT working. On both newly created pages, and on editing existing pages, when you press the Preview button the page always appears without the sidebar block, even when the sidebar block is selected.

You can now once again edit pages and change their slugs urls.
tested, looking good

The family tree on the sidebar will now be properly indented.
tested, works well

Thank you Jaxel for the nice update. This wiki keeps getting better.

Saving this here for my future reference usage.
The lack of integration of addons definitely reduces their exposure to the community at large and therefore usefulness.
If you are not seen on What's New ... do you really exist ? :)

The abandoned Project tools and badly integrated vb social groups and vb blog come to mind.

But none the less, once the sole developer and copyright holder of an addon disappears, goes completely inactive or passes away, this is a disaster to communities that rely on the addon. (NuHit, GARS, LDM) Once you find yourself in that situation, you will be extremely cautious with relying on new addons. Addons are great, but not for major functionality.

another minor suggestion: page view counter on wiki pages as an option. A box can be checked during page creation as to whether to show page counter.

Minor issue with appearance of a wiki page.

Image 1 = how the page appears. Notice there are no bulletin points
Image 2 = WYSIWYG editor. Notice the bulletin points
Image 3 = Real Text editor. The bulletin point bb code appears correct to me

For some reason the bulletin points are not appearing. The page is saved as BB Code, not HTML.

Wiki1.webpwiki2.webpWiki3.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom