• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenCarta (Lite Wiki)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, your talking about manually cross linking... the software is not that advanced to change manual cross linking vs. automatic cross linking. I haven't even seen wiki itself use manual cross linking like that, and instead only cross link to the page itself, then the user clicks the appropriate TOC heading.

minor issue with the attachment system.

On normal XF posts, you can click within the post the spot where you want the thumbnail or full image to be located, then press the thumbnail/full image button and it will appear there. In XenCarta, the image is sent to the very bottom of the page no matter where you click, then after you need to copy/paste the code to move it.

Also, minor issue with HTML/BBCode system.

If you create a new page, change the page to HTML, then paste in HTML code and save, it converts to BB Code and the page does not display properly. The work around is to create the page, change to HTML, save it, then re-open and paste your HTML.

To elaborate on this, that line of CSS is setting every list element to a disc, regardless of whether it's contained within an ordered list or unordered list. Adding this would be the simple fix:
Code:
.wikiPage .primaryContent ol li { list-style: decimal; }

Is there a way to use Javascript in a wiki page? Something along the lines of the below.

I am trying to embed a small flash player which shows a 8 second demo
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">
// <![CDATA[
function useVideo(number){
    var v = new SWFObject('/js/8wayrun/jw/player.swf','single','270','152','0','#000000');
    v.addVariable('fullscreen','false');
    v.addVariable('controlbar','none');
    v.addVariable('autostart','true');
    v.addVariable('repeat','always');
    v.addVariable('volume','0');
    v.addParam('allowfullscreen','false');
    v.addParam('allowscriptaccess','always');
    v.addParam('wmode','opaque');
    v.addVariable('file','http://www.terapvp.com/video/tera/demo_1.flv');
}
// ]]>
</script>

Quick question, does this have page specific permissions? There's some info I would like to have that I want only viewable by certain groups, yet also have public content. Thanks.

Quick question, does this have page specific permissions?
No. It doesn't have much of a permissions system quite yet.
Either for editing or viewing.
I think editing permissions is quite important.
What is your usage scenario for having parts of the wiki only viewable by certain groups ?

I should have been more specific with my video question.

In order to embed a video player it is my understanding the swf object code needs to be placed in the header. How do I go about adding code to the header for a wiki page? For the player to work I need something like the below code added to the page I am using it on.

Something like
Code:
<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://www.mysite.com/js/8wayrun/swfobject.js">
</script>

I realize the wiki is using the PAGE_CONTAINER template but I do not know if it causes a concern to add the code directly there when most of the pages in my site will not use it. Same for the Wiki pages. I only need the video on a few pages so not sure if there are performance or other issues by adding it to more pages then it is actually needed for.

Is it possible for admin to receive an alert for the wiki when a new edit by other members are done.
This way, we can watch out for vandalism.

Ideally, each page has an option to "Watch" it and receive alert when edit is made.

Possible?

Is it possible for admin to receive an alert for the wiki when a new edit by other members are done. This way, we can watch out for vandalism.
Ideally, each page has an option to "Watch" it and receive alert when edit is made.

Good idea.

Possible?
Not currently, No.
Edit permissions in XenCarta are Wiki-wide and are really either: Yes or No.
Certainly not page specific.

Essentially, you are best to only give wiki editing permissions to people you really trust.
The best wikis allow much broader editing permissions.

Feel free to List your "Wiki requests" as I'm taking lots of notes about what people want to help drum up a proposal for Jaxel.

I realize the wiki is using the PAGE_CONTAINER template but I do not know if it causes a concern to add the code directly there when most of the pages in my site will not use it. Same for the Wiki pages. I only need the video on a few pages so not sure if there are performance or other issues by adding it to more pages then it is actually needed for.
Yes, the page container would be the one.

If the JS is not being called on the page, ie. its page is referencing the head JS to work, then it just does nothing in any other page, and shouldn't interfere.

You should use conditionals in the page container so it only shows on wiki pages... that may be the outcome you are looking for, without fear of loading it into every page.

minor suggestion....add a default wiki icon which would appear in search results. Presently it looks a bit strange that all search results have an icon except wiki results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom