• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After replacing the files,

In the "installed addons" list click "controls" and select "upgrade"

Near "upgrade from file on server:" copy this: library/EWRatendo/addon-EWRatendo.xml

That's it.

I have some suggestions/problems:

I think we should have the option to disable the stream system. I use this addon only for concerts, festivals etc. I don't need it and it confuses my users as most of them have no idea what it is.

When posting an event, there is AM/PM although I set it to 24 hours system in admin panel. There is no such thing as AM/PM in our country so this also confuses the users.

I have a music site and most of my members have music bands, musicians in their avatar, so when they post an event, their avatar is displayed near the concert event in the upcoming events block in portal. This makes users think that it is the concert of the band in users avatar. This is also very very confusing. Can't we display the attached file (if there is one) near the events in the upcoming events block?

Finally, Is it possible to change the default location of the google map? It is default to US now.

I fully agree with the first 3 suggestions.

Google map can be changed to your location, you will find how-to about that in this thread.
I changed mine and it was easy, just editing 3 URLs.

I have some suggestions/problems:

I think we should have the option to disable the stream system. I use this addon only for concerts, festivals etc. I don't need it and it confuses my users as most of them have no idea what it is.

When posting an event, there is AM/PM although I set it to 24 hours system in admin panel. There is no such thing as AM/PM in our country so this also confuses the users.

I have a music site and most of my members have music bands, musicians in their avatar, so when they post an event, their avatar is displayed near the concert event in the upcoming events block in portal. This makes users think that it is the concert of the band in users avatar. This is also very very confusing. Can't we display the attached file (if there is one) near the events in the upcoming events block?

Finally, Is it possible to change the default location of the google map? It is default to US now.

1. the stream system is automatically disabled if a user does not submit a valid stream url.
2. as I said, I am waiting for xenforo to have an official date/time picker...
3. there is no attachment system.

1. That's the part I want to disable :)
2. Okey.
3. I thought It may be possible to use the one in the events thread?

Thanks for the reply.

Also, is it possible to completely hide the calendar and events from the guests? Thanks...

you set the permissions in the module as you see fit if you are referring to what appears on the portal page

if you are referring to the Events tab, that is possible to by wrapping a conditional around the code which displays the tab

Jaxel,

I updated to 1.3.3 and tried to test JustinTV. I created an event with the URL http://www.justin.tv/peacefuljay. The event saved but the stream box didn't appear even though the event was live and viewable from a normal browser. To troubleshoot I tried the following steps:

- I added a "/" to the end of the URL http://www.justin.tv/peacefuljay/
- I searched the page's source for "url" and did not find any helpful alternate URL
- I created a custom XenPorta module using the embed code offering on the page, and it worked fine, so I know this stream isn't restricted.

What change do I need to make to the URL to get it to play with XenAtendo?

Hi Oracle,
I'm also using XenAtendo - but not yet that much.
Just for my understanding: do you mean with streambox the attached screenshot?
Or a module on XenPorta?
thanks in advance

Attachments

• prtscr.webp
    prtscr.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 6
Jaxel,

I updated to 1.3.3 and tried to test JustinTV. I created an event with the URL http://www.justin.tv/peacefuljay. The event saved but the stream box didn't appear even though the event was live and viewable from a normal browser. To troubleshoot I tried the following steps:

- I added a "/" to the end of the URL http://www.justin.tv/peacefuljay/
- I searched the page's source for "url" and did not find any helpful alternate URL
- I created a custom XenPorta module using the embed code offering on the page, and it worked fine, so I know this stream isn't restricted.

What change do I need to make to the URL to get it to play with XenAtendo?
The EVENT has to be live, not the STREAM.

I am certain the event was live. I made the event specifically to test the 1.3.3 update and tested immediately. It is working now though and I can't duplicate the issue so nevermind.

There is a new issue regarding the chat. The chat appears normal until I log in and type a message. From that point forward all incoming chat appears doubled. I can repeatedly duplicate this issue on my site. I cannot duplicate the issue when using JustinTV chat from their site.

JustinChat.webp

@DanielThomann, plz disregard my last comment. JustinTV has changed their chat interface but this one works fine (other then the issue mentioned above).

There is a new issue regarding the chat. The chat appears normal until I log in and type a message. From that point forward all incoming chat appears doubled. I can repeatedly duplicate this issue on my site. I cannot duplicate the issue when using JustinTV chat from their site.

View attachment 13223
That is a fault with the JTV chat system itself. You can try complaining to JTV to get it fixed, but they will always say "use the new chatroom embed". Unfortunately, JTV puts some archaic rules onto their new chatroom embed code, so it really can't be used... such as the chatroom having a minimum height of around 500px. JTV likes to put some odd rules into all of their stuff... like not permitting the autoplay feature for embeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom