• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxel

You may not know this, but creating these modifications for XenForo is basically my full time job. It is my primary source of income. If you appreciate the work here, please feel free to DONATE. A donation of $50 (or more) earns you the right to remove the copyright for this mod from a single install.

This mod adds an Event Schedule and RSVP system to XenForo... With this, administrators can define a forum as the "event forum". Then whenever a user submits an event, it will automatically create a thread in that forum, and tie the event into that thread. From there, users can RSVP for the event, as well as find additional information such as google map integration and live streams. This mod will also add an "Upcoming events for this week" module to the top of the defined event forum.

Features:
  • Event scheduling with auto-thread generation
  • Monthly and Weekly calendar views
  • RSVP system for registered users
  • Google Map integration for events
  • uStream/justinTV integration for events
Demo:
Installation:
  • upload the entire contents of the attached zip to your XenForo root
  • install from file on server: "library/EWRatendo/addon-EWRatendo.xml"
  • set options for the event system in administration control panel
  • set usergroup permissions for administration rights
Usage Notes:
  • While the Event and it's Thread are linked, they are still separate entities. If an event is deleted, the linked thread will automatically be closed with a notice. However, if a thread is deleted, the link event and all RSVPs with it will be deleted as well.
Screenshots:

1.webp 2.webp 3.webp 4.webp 5.webp 6.webp

Donations:
Download:

Attachments

Your the man. The mod's you make are excellent. I can't wait for your tournament/ladder mod.

can you upload an image when you create the event? where does the image display on the event page?
Just create the event, then edit the first post and attach the image...

The icon image you see on the event's page is the stream icon.

This date and time box doesn't come up in Safari , I uploaded all the files and installed the mod.
I think The JS files are missing in the download! The JS folder is empty are there files missing?

Installed it, had the following error when trying to view the events page.

Server Error

Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Model_Forum::canPostThreadInForum() must be an array, boolean given, called in /home/oldrdev/public_html/xf/library/EWRatendo/ControllerPublic/Events.php on line 38 and defined
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Model/Forum.php at line 276
  2. XenForo_Model_Forum->canPostThreadInForum() in EWRatendo/ControllerPublic/Events.php at line 38
  3. EWRatendo_ControllerPublic_Events->actionEvents() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/oldrdev/public_html/xf/index.php at line 15

Am on beta 3

Installed it, had the following error when trying to view the events page.

Am on beta 3

You have to go to the addon options and choose a forum where the events are fed from then you shouldnt get that error anymore

events.webp

Hmmm, ok thanks for that dd.

Is it, or will it be possible in the future, to have different events point to different forums? What I'd like to be able to do is create a thread in a specific forum and make it an event ... much like creating polls.

Don't get me wrong though Jaxel, I think this is a GREAT add-on :). Just for our needs the above would be a lot better.

This date and time box doesn't come up in Safari , I uploaded all the files and installed the mod.
I think The JS files are missing in the download! The JS folder is empty are there files missing?
My god! You're right... I have just added them to the package...

Wow. I really love this module!

Do you also plan a event map, where you can see all events on a google map?!

Regards,

Tobi
Brilliant idea!

Any chance of being able to do this bud.
Its possible... but I chose not to set up this mod that way... Doing this would add an extra query to every single thread and forum so that it could check whether or not it had a linked event.

Its possible... but I chose not to set up this mod that way... Doing this would add an extra query to every single thread and forum so that it could check whether or not it had a linked event.
false

you could add a column to the threadtable, where you save the eventid (so i made my eventsystem for vB)

Fair enough, but I couldn't twist you arm to put it in as an option???? :p

Not right away or anything of course though as I know you've got heaps of other projects on the go.

false

you could add a column to the threadtable, where you save the eventid (so i made my eventsystem for vB)
I try to effect the existing XenForo tables as little as possible with all my mods... The idea of a mod hooking into my tables just leaves a sour taste in my month. So far none of my XenForo mods hook into any existing tables and I plan to keep it that way.

then with a table, and IMHO you don't need an extraquery, because you can join the event table.

if the threadid was found in the event table, it is a eventthread, if not it's a normal thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom