• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Fixed xfire links for Livestream accounts..
  • Fixed stream embed for justin.tv and internet explorer.

Installed and verified both of the above fixes work. Thank you Jaxel! I just sent a donation for this add-on.

If the stream chat bug mentioned above on this page can be resolved, this app will be solid.
Also a new bug with JustinTV streams. In both FF and Chrome the chat box is oversized so users can only read chat but not type in it. It appears the bottom of the chat box has been extended (empty white area in image below) and the box which allows users to type is behind this area. You can view this issue best when the User List is open since the white area from the list does not extend down.

View attachment 12641

My final request for this add-on is if the stream can be made into a module which would be placed on the portal page. My intention is to wow users who visit my site during a streaming event. First thing they will see is a live stream of the event. Ideally this module will work like the stream page...if an event is happening users will see the module, if no event then they wont see a module. If that isn't feasible, then either a video rotation of video files would work as well. If this latter option is used, need the ability to put a pic or something in the box normally used by streaming chat.

Installed and verified both of the above fixes work. Thank you Jaxel! I just sent a donation for this add-on.

If the stream chat bug mentioned above on this page can be resolved, this app will be solid.

My final request for this add-on is if the stream can be made into a module which would be placed on the portal page. My intention is to wow users who visit my site during a streaming event. First thing they will see is a live stream of the event. Ideally this module will work like the stream page...if an event is happening users will see the module, if no event then they wont see a module. If that isn't feasible, then either a video rotation of video files would work as well. If this latter option is used, need the ability to put a pic or something in the box normally used by streaming chat.
First issue is a problem with Justin.TV itself... happens on their page too: http://blog.justin.tv/justintv-embeds/

Second request I can work on.

First issue is a problem with Justin.TV itself... happens on their page too: http://blog.justin.tv/justintv-embeds/

I don't know how recent but Justin changed their chat setup on the streams on their website. I believe their old style is what XenAtendo uses. (image below)

Also I wanted to ask, is there a setting I can change to have the streams auto-play upon page load? Right now users have to push play.

Either way, thx for the great update and all you have done with this add-on.

JustinTVchat.webp

moz-screenshot-8.png

Installed on my test board. Fantastic work. Here are my suggestions

1 - (minor problem) I've set the hour display to 24 but when the calendar popup I see the hour as am and pm.
2 - I think it's interesting to add some fields like Event manager - Event manager phone - Event manager email
3 - I'ts interesting also to have a link to obtain more informations but I think we can use the stream url for that purpose.
3 - When you confirm your presence to an event, should be good to have the possibility to take some "guest" with you. When the admin insert and event he can allow or not the presence of guests and, eventually, also how many of them each attendees can bring in. It's true that now I can insert guest in the note field but these guest are not counted up in the attendees.

Usually there's always a thread devoted to the event, like now in my board, but I think that the info at #2 are better placed in the event description...

I'm willing to pay Jaxel something for the implementation of the features I've requested, in particular the one at #3 in my message above...

I'm willing to pay Jaxel something for the implementation of the features I've requested, in particular the one at #3 in my message above...

a lot of variables to consider....

Does the event organizer allow guests? How many guests can you bring? etc.

For now you can ask all parties to come to your forums and RSVP. It could help drive membership.

I've installed such a mod in my VB4 board now

Screenshot 2011-03-18 a 14.59.18.webp

And when you define an event you can set the number of guest each attendee can bring in and if the members can RSVP. Also you can set the maximum number of attendees and when to close the subscriptions.

Screenshot 2011-03-18 a 15.01.27.webp

I would like to have something similar if possible

I would like to translate this add-on (only the frontend part) in italian. Can someone tell me where can I find the phrases to translate? I've found the phrases in the xml but if I search for them inside the admin panel I'm not able to find anything...

Looks like after the latest version I can't send an event through the event forum. When I click on "post new event" It takes me to .../events/create/21 and I get a The requested page could not be found error. I can post an event directly from the events system without problems though.

Looks like after the latest version I can't send an event through the event forum. When I click on "post new event" It takes me to .../events/create/21 and I get a The requested page could not be found error. I can post an event directly from the events system without problems though.

Yes same here although mine takes me to /events/create/10

Jaxel,

I was able to create my own Livestream block and add it to the portal page. You can see it on my site, and the CSS adjustments seem perfect to me. The changes I am hoping you can do are:

- Allow the player to accept streams from other sources (uStream, JustinTV, etc)

- Have an option to where the player only plays during Live streams. More specifically:
a. If a stream is active, show the stream
b. If a stream is not active, offer the admin the choice of either hiding the player, or playing through a loop of pre-selected media or play random media.

- For the stream, my preference would be to offer a list of members who stream video. Using the livestream example, "Bob" would have his own URL www.livestream.com/channels/bob. So if we had a list of Streamer1 = bob, Streamer2 = sally...Streamer 5=joe, then the feed would look for each broadcaster, in order. It would take the first streamer located and play their broadcast until it finished, at which point it would start reviewing the list again. This way, if any of my selected members are broadcasting it would show their feed. If not, the player would either hide or play random media.

You can view the current player block on my site www.TeraPVP.com. Depending on when you look, there may or may not be an active stream. Since the game my site supports isn't live in USA/Europe yet, I am just testing with random Starcraft and WoW streams.

Stream.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<module>
  <module_name>Stream</module_name>
  <module_cache>+1 hour</module_cache>
  <module_settings>
    <stream_play desc="Auto Play?" format="">true</stream_play>
    <stream_mute desc="Auto Mute?" format="">true</stream_mute>
    <stream_link desc="Show Link?" format="check">0</stream_link>
    <stream_height desc="Stream Height" format="">360</stream_height>
	<stream_width desc="Stream Width" format="">678</stream_width>
	<stream_name desc="Stream Name" format="">hirosue</stream_name>
	<stream_header desc="Stream Header" format="">TeraPVP Live</stream_header>
	<stream_footer desc="Stream Footer" format="">Watch More</stream_footer>
  </module_settings>
  <module_template><![CDATA[<div class="section">
<div class="secondaryContent" id="stream" style="padding-bottom: 10px;">
   <h3>{$option.stream_header}</h3>

<iframe src="http://cdn.livestream.com/embed/{$option.stream_name}?layout=3&autoPlay={$option.stream_play}&mute={$option.stream_mute}" 
     width="{$option.stream_width}" height="{$option.stream_height}"
     style="border:0;outline:0" frameborder=0 scrolling=no>
   </iframe>

<div class="sectionFooter">
  <div style="font-size:11px;text-align:center;width:auto;
	background: url("styles/flexiledark/xenforo/gradients/category-23px-light.png") repeat-x scroll center top #393939;
    border-bottom: 1px solid @primaryLighter;
    color: @primaryLightish;
    line-height: 16px;
    padding: 4px 10px; >
	{$option.stream_footer}
  </div> 
</div>  

</div>
</div>]]></module_template>
</module>

CSS code added to EXTRA.css (I presume you would add to EWRPorta.css)
Code:
/* CSS for Livestream Portal block */
#stream .sectionFooter { 
border-bottom-left-radius: 6px; 
-webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 6px; 
-moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 6px; 
-khtml-border-bottom-left-radius: 6px; 
border-bottom-right-radius: 6px; 
-webkit-border-bottom-right-radius: 6px; 
-moz-border-radius-bottomright: 6px; 
-khtml-border-bottom-right-radius: 6px; 
margin: 10px -15px -11px !important; 
}

Questions:
- I don't believe there is any need for a cache for this type of module, but I left it in there just in case

- I would prefer to be able to enter HTML into the footer code. I originally added <a href="http://www.terapvp.com/community/media/">Watch Videos</a> but that showed the text of the code, instead of the link. I am not sure how to alter the field so HTML code can pass through.

Yes same here although mine takes me to /events/create/10

You may both want to try uninstalling XenAtendo, then logging into your FTP and removing the /library/8wratendo(or whatever its called) directory, then re-uploading and installing again from scratch. I believe youre settings will stay because they are in your mySQL database, this should fix all youre issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom