Not a bug Zend/Sql search: some utf8 characters can't be found

I don't have problems searching for any of those strings specifically (using 4 characters). I literally just copied your post, and then individually searched for each 4 character set. (Locally - remember we're using enhanced search here.)

But you're going to run into issues searching for short strings or strings without spaces or other tokenizing characters. MySQL FT is not designed to work with CJK text.

I don't have problems searching for any of those strings specifically (using 4 characters). I literally just copied your post, and then individually searched for each 4 character set. (Locally - remember we're using enhanced search here.)

But you're going to run into issues searching for short strings or strings without spaces or other tokenizing characters. MySQL FT is not designed to work with CJK text.
Ok I've just done some tests and I apologize. This is my fault: if the searched text is between other characters without any space (as it is in Chinese/Japanese...), we need to use % before and after the searched word: %フランス% will work.

P.S: so it's not a bug.

Top Bottom