YouTube on Profile Page [Deleted]

Based upon some google searching, it seems that YouTube is implementing a minimum height and width requirement to facilitate their ads. I read that 230 x 230 is the minimum required. On my sight, this work and makes it so the video plays, however it pushes the video into other things since I am using a fixed width. I will probably have to change the fixed width so that it works correctly. Here is currently the way it looks.
I have added this to EXTRA.css to increase the size of the left sidebar:
Code:
.profilePage .mast {
width: 246px !important;
}

.profilePage .main {
margin-left: 254px !important;
}

.profilePage .avatarScaler img {
max-width: 246px;
}

I then changed the YouTube embed code to match:
Code:
<xen:hook name="ad_member_view_below_avatar" />

<xen:if is="{$user.customFields.profile_youtube}">
    <div style="margin-top: 4px; margin-bottom: -5px;">
        <iframe width="246" height="172" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/{$user.customFields.profile_youtube}?wmode=opaque" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    </div>
</xen:if>

Before:
profile-page-before.webp

After:
profile-page-after.webp

Yes, that is correct. It does appear that certain videos are better suited for smaller players. I wish there was a way to tell the difference between those that do and don't.

Unfortunately, it has been luck for me. I have had a video show the "too small" thingy... I just found another video and moved on.. lol.

I see Brogan's modification... that might work for you as well. I have never tried it, but if he has it up, he has done so for a reason.

I have added this to EXTRA.css to increase the size of the left sidebar:
Code:
.profilePage .mast {
width: 246px !important;
}

.profilePage .main {
margin-left: 254px !important;
}

}

I then changed the YouTube embed code to match:
Code:
<xen:hook name="ad_member_view_below_avatar" />

<xen:if is="{$user.customFields.profile_youtube}">
    <div style="margin-top: 4px; margin-bottom: -5px;">
        <iframe width="246" height="172" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/{$user.customFields.profile_youtube}?wmode=opaque" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    </div>
</xen:if>

Before:
View attachment 44358

After:
View attachment 44360

I am just going to have to figure out a solution that works with Flexile Dark. This is what happens when I implement this solution:
http://awesomescreenshot.com/06a15pt368

By the way, thanks for showing me that there is always a solution... Its just not always easy finding it.

You just need to reduce the .profilePage .main margin-left: 254px it looks like.

I discovered an issue with the above approach.

To resolve it, just add this to EXTRA.css:
Code:
}

Then change the profile page sidebar width in Style Properties -> Member Profile Page -> Sidebar Width: 246px

I have chosen 246px as it enables four avatars to be displayed on a single row for the Following and Followers blocks. You may need to adjust the dimensions to suit your style.

The other thing you will need to do is edit the /library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Member.php file to change $followUser to 6.

Top Bottom