1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed YouTube Embeded Quote Full Screen

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by MattW, Aug 3, 2014.

1. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

So, a member on my site pointed out that if you click play on an embedded YouTube video that is being shown in a quote, trying to play in full screen mode in Chrome only loads the small player in the top left corner

Tested on 2 sites now, different themes. Tested in Firefox, and full screen works fine.

youtube quoted1.png

Chrome
    Version 36.0.1985.125 m

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  2. xSpeced

xSpeced Member

Can confirm this bug on chrome

MattW likes this.
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I thought this was just down to the size of the video bugging out, but it's actually because we have a max-width/height specified and the browser definition only overrides width/height themselves. I have managed to workaround this in Webkit/Chrome with their -webkit-full-screen pseudo-class.

IE 11 appears to have the same issue, and despite having a -ms-fullscreen pseudo-class, I'm unable to workaround this there. (-ms-fullscreen doesn't seem to do anything, so presumably it's not being applied to the iframe.) Note that IE has problems with just a plain width/height specified on the iframe, so there's something more that they're not properly handling here.

MattW likes this.