Fixed "Your News Feed" page

Daniel Hood

I was just trying to look at the "Your News Feed" page and noticed that @Lisa liked a post and then there's nothing between that (today) and oct 22nd, when I know the people I follow are more active that that. Clicking show more doesn't do anything (aside from remove the link to show more). Attached is a screenshot.

Attachments

• upload_2014-12-11_12-10-54.webp
    upload_2014-12-11_12-10-54.webp
    72.7 KB · Views: 42
I can't seem to reproduce this, and I'm definitely following less people than you are.

I could have gone longer, but I stopped at Friday; however, I am able to keep clicking Show Older Items.

I can't seem to reproduce this, and I'm definitely following less people than you are.

I could have gone longer, but I stopped at Friday; however, I am able to keep clicking Show Older Items.
It's happening on this site itself so I haven't even attempted to reproduce it nor take guesses as to what's causing it. I assume they can look at my account data, news feed data, and cached values in order to see what's happening.

It's happening on this site itself so I haven't even attempted to reproduce it nor take guesses as to what's causing it. I assume they can look at my account data, news feed data, and cached values in order to see what's happening.

Yeah, this site is where I tested it.

Is this the first time you looked at the news feed in a while? (Since October)

I would guess that it fetched the new entries, filtered them (permissions) and then combined it with the previous cache. The permission filtering may have caused it to think that it didn't have enough entries so it kept the old cache entry there. Trying to get more entries is timestamp-based (well, news feed ID) so that explains why that didn't work.

I imagine it will clear itself up as soon as one new entry appears. The only potential workaround I can see is over fetching and then cutting down to make sure permissions aren't triggering.

I'm not sure when the last time I looked at it was, it's possible it's been that long although I think it's been more recent than that.

It seems like it has already corrected itself.

I've changed this to do the over fetching I mentioned which should fix this unless there are a lot of news feed items that you can't see. That should be a definite edge case though.

Top Bottom