XF 1.5 Your file could not be uploaded.

edwardjc08

Hello, recently I was trying to upload some images to the website. Instead of uploading the image, xenforo returned an error: Your file could not be uploaded. There weren't any specifics on why the image wasn't uploaded. When I checked the admin panel logs and the error was: ErrorException: mkdir(): Permission denied - library/XenForo/Helper/File.php:72. Here it is, my stack trace;

Code:
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'mkdir(): Permis...', '/var/www/html/f...', 72, Array)
#1 /var/www/html/forums/library/XenForo/Helper/File.php(72): mkdir('/var/www/html/f...')
#2 /var/www/html/forums/library/XenForo/DataWriter/AttachmentData.php(222): XenForo_Helper_File::createDirectory('/var/www/html/f...', true)
#3 /var/www/html/forums/library/XenForo/DataWriter/AttachmentData.php(144): XenForo_DataWriter_AttachmentData->_writeAttachmentFile('/tmp/phpkvm4g0', Array)
#4 /var/www/html/forums/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1423): XenForo_DataWriter_AttachmentData->_postSave()
#5 /var/www/html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/Attachment.php(539): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#6 /var/www/html/forums/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Attachment.php(205): XenForo_Model_Attachment->insertUploadedAttachmentData(Object(XenForo_Upload), 1)
#7 /var/www/html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Attachment->actionDoUpload()
#8 /var/www/html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#9 /var/www/html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}

I'm assuming you've moved servers or done some other sort of server level change.

You need to recursively chmod the data/ and internal_data/ directories to 0777. If done correctly, you shouldn't get this error when uploading an attachment.

Top Bottom