Your Favourite Type Of Forum?

=MGN=RedEagle

Hey guys,

I am trying to come up with a list of all forum types. Can you think of any? Which is your favourite type?

My list so far:

Graphic Design
Photography
Politics
Religion
Music
Gaming
Site Administration
Sports
Tech
Pets
Local Area
Professional
Product-Based

Travel

Health [a common Forum Type].

I haven't liked many forums lately (except xenforo.com itself).
I feel that forums are too lacking in content these days.
The back and forth chit chat is fun, but only for a while.

I think I would like forums more .... if I felt that either the fruits of the discussion would yield some content.
Or possibly if the discussion was more structured and goal oriented.

I myself think forums need to battle Social Networking by ... having more social features and more structured content.

Yea. a little bit.

Wait. Maybe not.
Discussion often can be based around commenting on pictures and commenting on status updates.
As well, it can be highly structured around Friends / Not Friends. I also think there are Facebook groups sort of.
Maybe even pages.
Certain types of discussions are "Wall based".

So, Facebook might have more structures than Forums.

Sorry for being a bit vague. I'm not a Facebooker.

Forums ... probably have less content structures than Facebook.

my favourite types of forums are those that allow me to share a dissenting opinion and will not subject me to sanctions for mere disagreement with the boards popular opinion.
they are pretty rare.

I am trying to come up with a list of all forum types. Can you think of any? Which is your favourite type?
You should have started a poll.

I'd add to your list cooking and construction.

These days my favorite forum type is the one with a Delete button in the post's options and the one that does NOT have this in its Terms and Rules:
- Legal rights of the content added to this site by its members or visitors belongs to Site administration when they are submitted to the site unless it is clearly mentioned otherwise in the content that is submitted. Site visitors/members can not ask the submitted content to be removed or unpublished from the site later nor can they ask for the content ownership to be changed once the content has been submitted.

Top Bottom