I have purchased a new VPS, plenty of disk IO and RAM, so looking forward to how much better I can make my experience for my members. And while I work in the technical and administration side of IT, I don't want to be mucking around after hours in my own time administering a server more than I have to. So for me, a panel is almost a must.
Unfortunately I didn't see much mention of a few good panels here in the XF forums - some that come natively with nginx and have the three major caching modules available standard. Most of you seem to be sticking with the following:
- Pay for cPanel
- Pay for cPanel, add a paid 3rd party webserver like Litespeed or cpnginx plugin
- Pay for cPanel, add nginx manually or with nginxcp, or maybe lighttpd
- Pay for Plesk
- Pay for DirectAdmin
- And then there a smattering of members mentioning Froxlor, EHCP, Ajenti & OpenPanel
- And then you have the poor souls on ZPanel. I used to be one.
Webuzo (by Softaculous): VPS licence is $2.50/mo or $25/yr, so cheap compared to Cpanel or Plesk.
- Apache / Nginx / Lighttpd
- APC / Memcache / XCache
- PHP 5.3, 5.4, 5.5 + Perl, Python2, Ruby, Rails, Java
- My, SQLite, Cassandra, Mongo
- CSF + Maldet
- BIND, Exim/Dovecot
- Plus all the Softaculous installers that you usually pay for with cPanel.
- Free version uses a subset of the Softaculous installers, but everything else is the same.
Anyone here played around with either Webuzo or VestaCP? Experiences with them in a XF context very much appreciated, and some recommendations against paying for another panel or moving towards a free one would be fantastic.