1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by blemex, Jul 1, 2013.

1. blemex

blemex Member

Just finished importing from vB4, but all of the Registered user now displaying 'You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.'

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You will need to verify the user group permissions in Admin -> Users -> Usergroup Permissions.

3. blemex

blemex Member

It's already like this (see screenshot) but still cannot view the threads, posts, alerts, etc..

Screen Shot 2013-07-01 at 7.19.24 AM.png

4. Jeremy

Verify you have no "Never" set in any of your usergroups.

5. blemex

blemex Member

I set to like this, but still getting the same issue.

Screen Shot 2013-07-01 at 7.29.46 AM.png

6. Jeremy

Never revokes the permissions. You need to set them to allow. Make sure all usergroups you have have "Allow" set.

7. blemex

blemex Member

8. Jeremy

Do you have any secondary groups?

9. blemex

blemex Member

It was, but I removed so all should return to Registered Usergroups, right?

10. Jeremy

I believe so. So, after checking all permissions (each user group, not just registered) is set to Allow?

11. blemex

blemex Member

Now I'm just only checking for the users in Registered Usergroups, and set it to allow but still couldn't view threads due to permission issue.

12. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Go through and verify that in EVERY group you have defined, none have the NEVER permission set. Also verify that the nodes (forums) have no specific user permissions set. If so, remove them and then start reconfiguring them.

13. blemex

blemex Member

I'm sure every group permisson are correct, but still having the permission issue.

I contacted XenForo Support but still got no answer for more than 6 hours already.

14. Jeremy

Its past normal business hours for XenForo. If you'd like, PC me administrator login details and I will look for you.

15. blemex

blemex Member

PM Sent

16. Tracy Perry

You DO realize it is a Sunday in some places don't you? :) Do you expect 24/7 support from everything you purchase? ;)

17. blemex

blemex Member

I don't know if the XF Support is only available on workdays.. :oops:

18. Tracy Perry

That's no problem.. you will find there are several users (and moderators/staff) that are not "official XF employees that are more than willing to help. @King Kovifor, @Brogan, and several others. With it being an import from VB4, @Jake Bunce will be another good resource. It could be something to do with the importation of the DB?

19. Tracy Perry

As long as the registered usergroup was the primary.

20. Jeremy

Lesson of the day for those who may stumble upon this:

Make sure you complete your import (very last step) before attempting to 'open' and let the necessary rebuilds occur. Also, verify that all user groups have the "View" and "View Node" permission (or else they won't be permitted to view your forums). One last step, make sure you rebuild your search indexes.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
    Brogan and Tracy Perry like this.