• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.1 You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Just finished importing from vB4, but all of the Registered user now displaying 'You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.'

Jeremy

Never revokes the permissions. You need to set them to allow. Make sure all usergroups you have have "Allow" set.

Now I'm just only checking for the users in Registered Usergroups, and set it to allow but still couldn't view threads due to permission issue.

Tracy Perry

Now I'm just only checking for the users in Registered Usergroups, and set it to allow but still couldn't view threads due to permission issue.
Go through and verify that in EVERY group you have defined, none have the NEVER permission set. Also verify that the nodes (forums) have no specific user permissions set. If so, remove them and then start reconfiguring them.

I'm sure every group permisson are correct, but still having the permission issue.

I contacted XenForo Support but still got no answer for more than 6 hours already.

Jeremy

Its past normal business hours for XenForo. If you'd like, PC me administrator login details and I will look for you.

Tracy Perry

I'm sure every group permisson are correct, but still having the permission issue.

I contacted XenForo Support but still got no answer for more than 6 hours already.
You DO realize it is a Sunday in some places don't you? :) Do you expect 24/7 support from everything you purchase? ;)

Tracy Perry

I don't know if the XF Support is only available on workdays.. :oops:
That's no problem.. you will find there are several users (and moderators/staff) that are not "official XF employees that are more than willing to help. @King Kovifor, @Brogan, and several others. With it being an import from VB4, @Jake Bunce will be another good resource. It could be something to do with the importation of the DB?

Jeremy

Lesson of the day for those who may stumble upon this:

Make sure you complete your import (very last step) before attempting to 'open' and let the necessary rebuilds occur. Also, verify that all user groups have the "View" and "View Node" permission (or else they won't be permitted to view your forums). One last step, make sure you rebuild your search indexes.

Last edited: