Partial fix You appear to have lost connection to the internet. Check your connection and then reload the page.

sbj

Affected version
error55fdf553ee1db78f.gif

Roughly speaking, this situation is coming from the browser and I don't think there's anyway we can actually stop it. We trigger the page load request and the only time this would come up is if the browser told us it failed -- which specifically means the network request failed. If we didn't intercept the request, the browser should've shown a network error.

I will leave this open for now, though my feeling is that we can't do anything about it. If it's a false postive, that would likely need to be resolved within the browser.

I don't understand what is happening, but I can tell you what I experience. I had 0 connection issues (my internet didn't went down). It just happened some minutes ago. Alerts previously received are working, alerts after also, but this particular alert can't be resolved at all. It is stuck in this state, just like right now. Is this supposed to be like this? And even then why is the "reload the page" not working? I get that sometimes an unknown error might appear, but a refresh should resolve it. Also this is not the first time I got this error, this is I believe the 3rd time. But if you can't do anything about it, no problem.

1593089000504.webp

Oh that's interesting and seems very plausible.

At best we could make a note on the offline page about that. I doubt we can detect the specific reason for failure.

Do you have adblock?
As the thread you're about to open contain Adsense keyword.
I do actually. Nice catch , I wouldn't have thought about that or related to it.

@Mike

That alert is still unresolved. If you want me to, I can go and mark it as read or visit the thread manually from the thread list (for testing purposes). Once I do that, I won't be able to reproduce the error much likely again. So, just waiting for your instructions if I should go ahead or not. Perhaps you might want to look into my account or something.

No nothing to look into. The alert not being marked as read is intentional/expected in this case -- it only gets marked as read when you visit the content in question (or choose to mark it as read), and since the ad blocker was blocking you visiting the content...

I had thought I closed this. We have made a bit of a change here, though it seems there isn't much we can realistically do about this.

We now only trigger the offline message if we detect that you're actually offline. This is beneficial in that we don't want to trigger a false positive if the server is down. This pretty much means that if an adblocker blocks the request, we have to trigger an error and let the browser choose to display this as it wishes. (We may still consider other tweaks here but on the whole the request isn't going through due to things out of our control.)

I suppose a fix is to just rephrase this to include something along the lines of "adblock may be preventing this page to correctly load".

Top Bottom