Yikes! I have too many alerts

steven s

I can't keep up. :)
This forum is powered by crack!
The more you are here, the more you want.
The more you reply, the more alerts add up.

I'm going away this weekend, fortunately I'll have my laptop to catch up.

Kinda reminds me of CompuServe CB in the 80s.
Something completely new.

And addictive.

I must admit that I do feel a brief sense of satisfaction when I load a new page and see that 'Alerts' tab light up; have I earned a new trophy? Did someone like what I had to say? "Yay!" are to name just a few things that go through my head. Hehe. I think the way XenForo handles notifications is brilliant.

The interaction and anticipation of knowing (as stated above) whether what you had to say or posted was liked keeps you eager for wanting more. I find the majority of time browsing is staring at a page where some of that time is used interacting whether it's via the like system (alerts) quote (alerts) etc etc. It keeps the mind occupied. It's something xenforo has over all forums imo and it's not even released yet.

Can't wait to see what other social elements, interactivity features are applied as the product matures. I'm betting it's be all good.

I must admit that I do feel a brief sense of satisfaction when I load a new page and see that 'Alerts' tab light up; have I earned a new trophy? Did someone like what I had to say? "Yay!" are to name just a few things that go through my head. Hehe. I think the way XenForo handles notifications is brilliant.

Dude think trophies are linked to post counts and like totals. Ask Floris he has about all of them LOL

I think this might be the biggest advantage for XF - the fact that it will make communities more active than before, allowing them to grow at a faster rate. It will be interesting to keep an eye on the post & activity statistics the first months after switching.

I created a little script called XenAlert Blocker.

After X posts, my computer blocks XenForo.com and I cannot visit it anymore for X minutes ;)

It's to keep me not-addicted :D

..and because of the refresh re-visit addiction hysteria that it's causing, I'm just looking forward to the CPM results when I get this sucka live!!

Top Bottom