XF 1.5 Yahoo mail service handles emails from the forum as spam

SuchMuch

I'm fed up with messages non delivered just to stupid yahoo mail service...

***qte***
SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<admin@my_xenforo_forum_mail> SIZE=17976:
host mx-eu.mail.am0.yahoodns.net [188.125.69.79]:
421 4.7.0 [TS02] Messages from 77.222.41.85 temporarily deferred due to user complaints - 4.16.56.1; see Postmaster | SLN3326 - Error: "421 4.7.0 [TS02] Messages from x.x.x.x temporarily deferred - 4.16.56.1":
retry timeout exceeded
***unqte***

What tactics would be the best in this case?

Ok. What should I do then?
Tell your users to quit marking your forum messages as spam? ;)
That's ultimately why that is happening if they are going by "user complaints".

Did you by chance go to that link?
This indicates Yahoo is seeing unusual traffic from your IP address. This traffic can result from things outside of the sender's control.

• If you’re using a shared IP address - Mail traffic from other domains could be negatively affecting your IP sending reputation.
  • Use a dedicated IP address for your mail - contact your host provider to request using dedicated IP addresses to send your mail.
  • Keep an eye on your sender reputation - Even if you have a good reputation, users can vote your email as spam and affect your overall reputation.
  • We review IPs submitted for delivery issues and, based on our review, we may modify your reputation in our systems if needed.

If it's issue #1, it's out of your control short of
  1. getting a dedicated IP or
  2. getting a VPS/dedi with a dedicated IP and serving your mail from there or
  3. paying for something like Mandril or other SMTP service that has a good reputation

In order to white list your forum URL, you need to contact the Yahoo postmaster using this link and fill out all the fields.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/postmaster/bulkv2.html
Which I've found did absolutely nothing to resolve the issue when it crops up. Most of said information that they want on that form will not be available (easily) to the person submitting it that is on shared hosting. It will work for those that are on a VPS/dedi with nons-shared IP's.... but on a shared IP you are still at the mercy of the hosting provider

Which I've found did absolutely nothing to resolve the issue when it crops up. Most of said information that they want on that form will not be available (easily) to the person submitting it that is on shared hosting. It will work for those that are on a VPS/dedi with nons-shared IP's.... but on a shared IP you are still at the mercy of the hosting provider
If it doesn't help, yahoo emails will be just blocked ;)

Last edited:
Thnks everyone for solutions advised! Until my forum is large I'm not moving to a VPS and not spending money for separate static IP/paid mail services etc. I'll just cut this yahoo out. I'll notify users and hope they'll understand.

Until my forum is large I'm not moving to a VPS and not spending money for separate static IP/paid mail services etc. I'll just cut this yahoo out. I'll notify users and hope they'll understand.

I will never understand why people spend $130.00 on software and then try to cut corners like this. Not using quality hosting or blocking major mail providers from registering, your site will never grow large. As a forum member, if a forum owner told me they couldn't allow my main e-mail account to be used, honestly I'd just move on.. A lot of people only have one e-mail account, your expecting them to create another somewhere else just to be a part of your site. Use Mailgun.. it's not expensive and you'll thank us later.

I will never understand why people spend $130.00 on software and then try to cut corners like this. Not using quality hosting or blocking major mail providers from registering, your site will never grow large. As a forum member, if a forum owner told me they couldn't allow my main e-mail account to be used, honestly I'd just move on.. A lot of people only have one e-mail account, your expecting them to create another somewhere else just to be a part of your site. Use Mailgun.. it's not expensive and you'll thank us later.

I fully agree with this. Hosting is as important as the software that you are using, if not more important.

Top Bottom