.xyz TLD

What are your thoughts about using a .xyz domain? I’m considering it for a new forum since the .com is taken.
Excellent choice with purchasing the .xyz extension. Extremely popular with the crypto and alternative niches which may or may not be a benefit to you.

What are your thoughts about using a .xyz domain? I’m considering it for a new forum since the .com is taken.
Don't think simply because .xyz is available it is going to boost you. Simple fact is, when most people manually type in a domain, they default to Net/Com/Org as the domain. All the other BS TLDs that are out are more to take your money since you can't get the "commonly accepted" TLD.
If relying strictly on search engine results, you MAY be lucky, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the .COM/.NET/.ORG returns will rank higher than you.
If the .COM domain ranks higher, why exactly would you want to compete against what is well known as a "REAL" base domain. The majority of the time the user isn't going to use .XYZ but more likely type in one of the "main" TLD's of .COM/.NET/.ORG as the TLD. Me personally, I'd prefer to find a domain in the .COM/.NET/.ORG structure that would fit my site. You aren't going to win using a .XYZ TLD domain against a .COM/.NET/.ORG domain typically when it comes to direct links.... search engine... maybe. But if the .COM/.NET/.ORG has more content, your choice of the TLD gains you nothing if competing against the "old" TLD's.

Top Bottom