XXX

Gabby

Ok Dig... I can play this came too. :) LOL

So my question is... how come there is only www? as in www.site.com
How come tthere isn't bbb, ccc, ddd, fff, xxx, zzz, As is bbb.site.com.

Just wondering. Oh and in dumbass terms please. No geek coder answers. Thank you very much. Joking...

Now put your tongues back in. :p

You can setup any subdomain name you like - it's just happens that www is short for World Wide Web and so it was popularised. :)

I want my site to be fff.mysite.com. no sub domain. How came no one has started this? Is this technically doable in the future?

You can have mysite.xxx, if you want to...

The www is just a practice or standard if you will, by no means a requirement. Most domains are accessible through http only or www, though I have set it up with a redirect to www, just because I think that looks a little bit better. Besides, it becomes less and less important, cause browsers are now hiding such unused information, for example opera will not show any thing after a ? in a URL unless you are selecting the URL field, chrome is hiding http, as well as dimming the text behind .com (or whatever text), firefox is doing much the same.

I want my site to be fff.mysite.com. no sub domain. How came no one has started this? Is this technically doable in the future?
fff would be the subdomain then. You only buy the root level, you can create any subdomain you like for free with DNS.

Ok I don't get it. I just want fff.gabby.com-no subdomain or rediret. How come I can only buy domains that start with www? How come it can't be find me on fff.gabby.com? I'm sick of www.

You don't buy a domain that starts with www.

You buy a domain, gabby.com.

www. is a subdomain. It just so happens to be the standard one. You don't have to use it. You can have any subdomain you like.

If you want fff.gabby.com, you buy gabby.com and create a subdomain for it called fff.

Ok I don't get it. I just want fff.gabby.com-no subdomain or rediret. How come I can only buy domains that start with www? How come it can't be find me on fff.gabby.com? I'm sick of www.
You don't buy www.gabby.com you buy gabby.com and www is the subdomain. You can setup subdomains how ever you want. You could be regrge-apples.gabby.com if you wanted.

You can go to xenforo.com and it works. No need for www.

In the old days, www was just the standard subdomain, however it could still be changed or another one could be added, like forum.xenforo.com, or whatever. Again, no need for www.

I vaglue remember there being a thread about the need of www on this forum a while ago, actually..

The OP reminds me of something I read a long, long time ago. Maybe on usenet.
Someone wanted to send an email to everyone on the same domain.
He didn't understand why *@test.com wouldn't work.

Top Bottom