XWiki [Deleted]

I can’t tell for sure, does this allow certain permissions to be set for certain user groups? We’d like it where Usergroup A-B-C-D can read the WIKI but only Usergroup A-B can edit the wiki.

Is this doable out of the box with this Add-On??

I can’t tell for sure, does this allow certain permissions to be set for certain user groups? We’d like it where Usergroup A-B-C-D can read the WIKI but only Usergroup A-B can edit the wiki.

Is this doable out of the box with this Add-On??
Permissions are handled by MediaWiki. You can synchronize Usergroups via the bridge.

Thx fore solving this issue!

We´ve an last issue.In our xf-forum we ve also usernames with lowercase letters.
The problem is mediawiki just allows:

According to this discussion, usernames are always capitalized for compatibility though. (might have changed since then?) It's a technical restriction with the MediaWiki software. All page names and page titles must begin with a capital letter

This member with lowercase letter usernames, i can t edit in Xwiki (change there user status],is there an way to solve this problem.

Regards

Last edited:
Hi,

I hit a Project of integrating Mediawiki into Xenforo. We had a lot of trouble with user rights e.g. User were not found from the Wiki Search in Spezial:Site though they existed in the Database.
Finaly it turned out to be a upper/lower case Problem. Wiki insists on User Names in upper cases. But lot`s of our XenForo Users use Names starting with lower case . These users had read access but even tough promoted to sysob they could not edit the Wiki.
Do you see any option beside asking any Xenforo User to change his Username, to solve this problem? Maybe by transforming any Username into starting with a capital Letter while importing them into the Wiki Database via Xlink?

Kind Regards

We haven't heard of anyone running into issues with this before. Generally I see little value in this extension though, as the XWiki skin already provides responsiveness and mobile friendliness through XenForo. If you can provide us with the actual error (Error 500 is just a generic http status code), we may be able to resolve this issue though.

Hi,

I hit a Project of integrating Mediawiki into Xenforo. We had a lot of trouble with user rights e.g. User were not found from the Wiki Search in Spezial:Site though they existed in the Database.
Finaly it turned out to be a upper/lower case Problem. Wiki insists on User Names in upper cases. But lot`s of our XenForo Users use Names starting with lower case . These users had read access but even tough promoted to sysob they could not edit the Wiki.
Do you see any option beside asking any Xenforo User to change his Username, to solve this problem? Maybe by transforming any Username into starting with a capital Letter while importing them into the Wiki Database via Xlink?

Kind Regards

@Lukas W. ll there be a solution in future or is this not possible?

Regrads

The next problem we found is,while generating remote account,s all usernames with an underline (like: user_abc) are not accepted by mediawiki in the database.They re logged in the plattform,but there is noc chance to change there rights in mediawiki.
I hope that there will be an update in future, or it will be mentioned in the description of the addon.

This is an really big problem for us,we chan´t edit 3000 or 4000 per hand.

Regards

We haven't heard of anyone running into issues with this before. Generally I see little value in this extension though, as the XWiki skin already provides responsiveness and mobile friendliness through XenForo. If you can provide us with the actual error (Error 500 is just a generic http status code), we may be able to resolve this issue though.
Checking on it today.

Hello @ThemeHouse ,

the Problem @kelle67 issued is really annoying for our Testuser. I even started a Thread in a Wiki Mailinglist to resolve this by ourselves …
Could you please give a Statement if you see any possibility to fix this problem or is that something we have to fix by ourselves.

Kind Regards

Thanks for the not providing support @ThemeHouse.

I helped myself.
For all users who have activated Sticky Navigation and have the same problem, here is the solution.
Add this Code in extra.less

.mw-headline {
margin-top: -95px;
padding-top: 95px;
}

95 pixels fit perfectly with us. With you it can also be less.

Hi @ThemeHouse ,

I´ll give it an other try.. We are experiencing quit a lot of trouble with common Wiki Extensions. One of the most annoying ist that the "wiki editor" is not functioning while using the xwiki skin. It appears but you won`t be able to open any submenu like the Heading Menu:
1567110368705.webp

Other Extensions like the Cat Select ( https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:MsCatSelect ) won`t even show up though working perfectly in Vector or Timeless.
Any suggestions ?

Kind Regards

Top Bottom