I'm very interested in using this plugin over current wiki plugins I'm using for Xenforo. Mediawiki is incredibly powerful and can do pretty much anything.
However, when it comes to this plugin I feel there's a lot to be desired when it comes to the "social" potential of having a MW/XF integration. A wiki page should be promoting discussion on a forum and vice versa. There's so much potential here.
Here's what I think is currently missing and I'm wondering if you would ever take the plugin in this direction. Another XF wiki plugin I'm using does a lot of this and I think it's a huge advantage over where this plugin currently is.
1. List the discussion threads for a wiki page on the page itself, such as below the wiki page's content or under an automatic "Discussion" header on the page. This way users immediately see the forum content and can jump in to the social discussions. In this way a wiki page is directly promoting forum participation, rather than being hidden away in a tab.
2. Give users the ability to immediately create forum threads for a wiki page directly from the wiki page. To make it inviting to create a thread, you would see the thread-creation options on the wiki page with the thread title, content, etc. (Like when making a quick reply on the bottom of a forum thread -- it's quick and immediate.)
3. Give complete power to controlling where threads go. (They don't just get dumped into one XF subforum.) On the backend you can somehow choose a range of wiki pages based on their wiki category or some other factor and then choose what subforums that those page's threads can be created in when a user or admin decides to make a thread. This way an entire forum can be populated with active content depending on what the wiki page is about and how the subforums are set up. For example, if you have a Pikachu card page, you can create a post asking about the card's value, which can be posted into a "Collecting" subforum. Or if you have an issue with the page's content from an editor's perspective, you can post it to the "Wiki issues" forum. Or if you want to talk about the card's competitive value in a Pokemon card deck, it can go into the "Deck Help" forum. There's so much potential here. (So for all "Pokemon" wiki pages like Pikachu's, in the backend you could set "Collecting" and "Deck Help" as options to post in for regular users plus the "Wiki Issues" forum for wiki editors. In other words you can set the thread destination possibilities based on user groups and target the wiki pages for these permissions based on their category, or something.)
4. Any forum thread associated with a wiki page will have a link to that wiki page on the top. This way when users come across a forum discussion, they can go to that wiki page immediately.
5. You can also show a list of related threads from the forum on the wiki page based on certain parameters, like tags. For example if a forum thread has a tag for "Pikachu," you could see a list of "Pikachu" forum threads on the wiki page for it. This way when users come across a wiki page they can find forum discussions they might be interested in.
6. The option to completely disable MW's user pages and have them redirect to the XF profile pages.
Thanks for your time, looks like a great plugin!