XWiki [Deleted]

Hi Luka, I believe I tracked down the issue.

When I was manually checking the files I notice that in the Xwiki 1.0.1, I didn't see the Http folder in the Core folder. That was the error I got (previous post).

I downloaded Xwiki old version (1.0.0) and I see that the Http folder in ThemeHouse Core folder.

I then uploaded folder Http from version 1.0.0 to my Xwiki 1.0.1 install and now the install seems to be working.

I assume Http in 1.0.0 is probably OK to use with 1.0.1 install. Let me know thanks..

now I will try other types of setups.

Tim

That'll work for now definitely, the file hasn't changed between the versions. It seems to have been missed when building the latest release. I'll update the package tomorrow, thanks!

Anyone else have a similar issue as me? When I set the login to "Xenforo account only" or "remote and xenforo account", and try to login via mediawiki, I get this error

"There seems to be a problem with your login session; this action has been canceled as a precaution against session hijacking. Please resubmit the form."

Lukas I didn’t realize it. That’s the reason why I purchased it. Do u have a time line for that feature to work?

We're currently not sure if there's a feasible way to implement it. We'll come back in the future to explore this, but at the moment we're mostly working on plugin compatibility and stability improvements.

For the meantime, shared login via single sign-on should work fine, and I think that's the most comfortable way from a user perspective. For feedback: Any particular reason that doesn't suit your use case?

Hi Lukas,

I have to use another domain name for my mediawiki and using single sign-on doesn't work with this. IE
domain1.com = xenforo
domain2.com = mediawiki

Right now I'm using an old plugin (https://xenforo.com/community/threads/mediawiki-bridge-paid-deleted.103918/) that works with xenforo 1.5 and works with mediawiki on a different domain.

Is there anyway we can make this work? All I need is to be able to login with my xenforo users to mediawiki.

I believe you told me there was a way to make this work previously but might be harder then I thought.

I have to use another domain name for my mediawiki and using single sign-on doesn't work with this. IE
domain1.com = xenforo
domain2.com = mediawiki

Similar to Darvil, I'd like something like this but would like to confirm if this is possible.

Domain1.com would be Xenforo on server1, Domain2.com would be Mediawiki but on server2. Would this be possible? We simply just need a bridge to login to Mediawiki via Xenforo but both sites are on separate servers.

I did read the notes but it wasn't very clear.

I'm very interested in using this plugin over current wiki plugins I'm using for Xenforo. Mediawiki is incredibly powerful and can do pretty much anything.

However, when it comes to this plugin I feel there's a lot to be desired when it comes to the "social" potential of having a MW/XF integration. A wiki page should be promoting discussion on a forum and vice versa. There's so much potential here.

Here's what I think is currently missing and I'm wondering if you would ever take the plugin in this direction. Another XF wiki plugin I'm using does a lot of this and I think it's a huge advantage over where this plugin currently is.

1. List the discussion threads for a wiki page on the page itself, such as below the wiki page's content or under an automatic "Discussion" header on the page. This way users immediately see the forum content and can jump in to the social discussions. In this way a wiki page is directly promoting forum participation, rather than being hidden away in a tab.

2. Give users the ability to immediately create forum threads for a wiki page directly from the wiki page. To make it inviting to create a thread, you would see the thread-creation options on the wiki page with the thread title, content, etc. (Like when making a quick reply on the bottom of a forum thread -- it's quick and immediate.)

3. Give complete power to controlling where threads go. (They don't just get dumped into one XF subforum.) On the backend you can somehow choose a range of wiki pages based on their wiki category or some other factor and then choose what subforums that those page's threads can be created in when a user or admin decides to make a thread. This way an entire forum can be populated with active content depending on what the wiki page is about and how the subforums are set up. For example, if you have a Pikachu card page, you can create a post asking about the card's value, which can be posted into a "Collecting" subforum. Or if you have an issue with the page's content from an editor's perspective, you can post it to the "Wiki issues" forum. Or if you want to talk about the card's competitive value in a Pokemon card deck, it can go into the "Deck Help" forum. There's so much potential here. (So for all "Pokemon" wiki pages like Pikachu's, in the backend you could set "Collecting" and "Deck Help" as options to post in for regular users plus the "Wiki Issues" forum for wiki editors. In other words you can set the thread destination possibilities based on user groups and target the wiki pages for these permissions based on their category, or something.)

4. Any forum thread associated with a wiki page will have a link to that wiki page on the top. This way when users come across a forum discussion, they can go to that wiki page immediately.

5. You can also show a list of related threads from the forum on the wiki page based on certain parameters, like tags. For example if a forum thread has a tag for "Pikachu," you could see a list of "Pikachu" forum threads on the wiki page for it. This way when users come across a wiki page they can find forum discussions they might be interested in.

6. The option to completely disable MW's user pages and have them redirect to the XF profile pages.

Thanks for your time, looks like a great plugin!

Last edited:
Honestly, these are all wonderful suggestions that really make sense. I've been thinking especially about No. 1 myself (I'm just switching to xf2.1, so I only have my old wiki without XWiki), how great that would be.
All these tabs in Xenforo and MediaWiki are counterproductive in times of "mobile only" and are most times overlooked by my users. The Media Gallery does it similarly, above content, below discussion. But a wiki article can be very long, so you have to think about design and usability when putting the discussion below.

I also support all your other points. The Wiki must be integrated more clearly into the forum, in order to increase traffic and use noticeably.

Thank you for your feedback as we will consider
I'm very interested in using this plugin over current wiki plugins I'm using for Xenforo. Mediawiki is incredibly powerful and can do pretty much anything.

However, when it comes to this plugin I feel there's a lot to be desired when it comes to the "social" potential of having a MW/XF integration. A wiki page should be promoting discussion on a forum and vice versa. There's so much potential here.

Here's what I think is currently missing and I'm wondering if you would ever take the plugin in this direction. Another XF wiki plugin I'm using does a lot of this and I think it's a huge advantage over where this plugin currently is.

1. List the discussion threads for a wiki page on the page itself, such as below the wiki page's content or under an automatic "Discussion" header on the page. This way users immediately see the forum content and can jump in to the social discussions. In this way a wiki page is directly promoting forum participation, rather than being hidden away in a tab.

2. Give users the ability to immediately create forum threads for a wiki page directly from the wiki page. To make it inviting to create a thread, you would see the thread-creation options on the wiki page with the thread title, content, etc. (Like when making a quick reply on the bottom of a forum thread -- it's quick and immediate.)

3. Give complete power to controlling where threads go. (They don't just get dumped into one XF subforum.) On the backend you can somehow choose a range of wiki pages based on their wiki category or some other factor and then choose what subforums that those page's threads can be created in when a user or admin decides to make a thread. This way an entire forum can be populated with active content depending on what the wiki page is about and how the subforums are set up. For example, if you have a Pikachu card page, you can create a post asking about the card's value, which can be posted into a "Collecting" subforum. Or if you have an issue with the page's content from an editor's perspective, you can post it to the "Wiki issues" forum. Or if you want to talk about the card's competitive value in a Pokemon card deck, it can go into the "Deck Help" forum. There's so much potential here. (So for all "Pokemon" wiki pages like Pikachu's, in the backend you could set "Collecting" and "Deck Help" as options to post in for regular users plus the "Wiki Issues" forum for wiki editors. In other words you can set the thread destination possibilities based on user groups and target the wiki pages for these permissions based on their category, or something.)

4. Any forum thread associated with a wiki page will have a link to that wiki page on the top. This way when users come across a forum discussion, they can go to that wiki page immediately.

5. You can also show a list of related threads from the forum on the wiki page based on certain parameters, like tags. For example if a forum thread has a tag for "Pikachu," you could see a list of "Pikachu" forum threads on the wiki page for it. This way when users come across a wiki page they can find forum discussions they might be interested in.

6. The option to completely disable MW's user pages and have them redirect to the XF profile pages.

Thanks for your time, looks like a great plugin!
Thank you for your feedback, we will consider the points mentioned above for the future.

Top Bottom