[XTR] Featured Threads

[XTR] Featured Threads 1.0.5

No permission to download
Great addon, how to make the animation slow down ?
Same question here.

We can control animation speed values with add a options on lightslider.min.js
If I modify a file, then I'll get the "unexpected content" error in the ACP. Any other solutions?

Also on the template_modifications.xml - can you please remove the "fas fa-" icons they don't work with Xenforo 2.0.12 and they aren't really need it.

Last edited:
Same question here.

If I modify a file, then I'll get the "unexpected content" error in the ACP. Any other solutions?

Also on the template_modifications.xml - can you please remove the "fas fa-" icons they don't work with Xenforo 2.0.12 and they aren't really need it.

What files have you tried modifying? I'm guessing the settings you're looking for would be in "lightslider.less."

Well, I'll be honest, I wasn't even sure what animation you guys were referring to, because I don't have any on mine, so I wasn't sure if you guys were actually talking about this addon or the other one. But yeah, whatever option you're waiting for, you're right, it's probably best to wait on xdnic. :)

Hi @XDinc
is there a css code to put at extra.less so i can hide fa icon?
thanks

Hi @maszd,
You can add something like this in your extra.less template or I will add a option on next release.

Code:
.contentRow-figure img, .contentRow-figure i.fa, .contentRow-figure i.far, .contentRow-figure i.fas, .contentRow-figure i.fab, .contentRow-figure .avatar {
    display: none;
}

I've modified this file: /public/js/vendor/lightslider/lightslider.min.js - but I think it's best to wait for @XDinc to make a change.

If someone modified /public/js/vendor/lightslider/lightslider.min.js gets an error.
Like This: "There are x missing files or files with unexpected contents. You should review these. "
I wouldn't want to add extra JS (PageSpeed affected by JS) but it will change the next release.
Do you have any other suggestion.

If someone modified /public/js/vendor/lightslider/lightslider.min.js gets an error.
Like This: "There are x missing files or files with unexpected contents. You should review these. "
I wouldn't want to add extra JS (PageSpeed affected by JS) but it will change the next release.
Do you have any other suggestion.
Awesome, it would be great if we can set the speed of the slider. By default, it's crazy fast so I'm sure everyone who uses this would like to see this implemented.
Yes I would have 2 other suggestions:

1. If an image is not set when featuring a thread, show instead of that generic XD image, the avatar of the poster. On forums in general, there aren't so many images posted so this would save us all some trouble.
  2. A Featured Thread List in the Admin Control Panel, where we can see all the threads that are featured.

Awesome, it would be great if we can set the speed of the slider. By default, it's crazy fast so I'm sure everyone who uses this would like to see this implemented.
Yes I would have 2 other suggestions:

1. If an image is not set when featuring a thread, show instead of that generic XD image, the avatar of the poster. On the forum there aren't some many images posted so this would save us all some trouble.
  2. A Featured Thread List in the Admin Control Panel, where we can see all the threads that are featured.

All of them are possible...👍

Great add-on, I'm testing on my dev site and everything works great.

Some tweaks/features I would like to suggest:
  • Force feature image to be same size of default image (see screenshot below): Seems like the default image is 120x120 and uploaded image is 100x100.. 120px looks better IMO It can be done via options, maybe both default to same size?
  • Auto feature threads on selected forums based on the numbers of upcoming XF 2.1 reactions
  • Fix the typo for the icon before feature thread "fas fa-edit"
  • on Edit Feature Thread maybe change the "delete" phrase to "un-feature thread", it could be only me, but the delete button made it sound like I was deleting the whole thread from the database itself
Great work..!

Great add-on, I'm testing on my dev site and everything works great.

Some tweaks/features I would like to suggest:
  • Force feature image to be same size of default image (see screenshot below): Seems like the default image is 120x120 and uploaded image is 100x100.. 120px looks better IMO
    View attachment 190714
  • Auto feature threads on selected forums based on the numbers of upcoming XF 2.1 reactions
  • Fix the typo for the icon before feature thread "fas fa-edit"
  • on Edit Feature Thread maybe change the "delete" phrase to "un-feature thread", it could be only me, but the delete button made it sound like I was deleting the whole thread from the database itself
Great work..!

I've added your suggestions to do list. ;)
Thanks.

Hi XDink

We are very interested in the addon. But we have a question. Is it possible to show the addon only in certain forums? If so, is it possible to display different content in these specific forums?

Hi XDinc
1- Is it possible to show the add-on only in certain forums?
2- If so, is it possible to display different content in these specific forums?

Hi @kelle67,

1. Your question is Can add-on show the feature threads widget for just selected forums? (Yes)
Am I correct?

Or QS is,
Is it possible to show the add-on forum_view template with selected forums? (Yes)
You don't need to *display positions to show on forum_view template just use widget key!
And use with Conditional statements wherever you want to show!

*I will add forum view template position next release! (Maybe Today)

2. If so, is it possible to display different content in these specific forums? (No)
Because the structure could not be created with this in mind.
In general, I try to add user's suggestions as long as I have time. I don't know what will the future look like?

Last edited:
Fix the typo for the icon before feature thread "fas fa-edit.

XF 2.1+ use fontawesome 5 and class start with fas fa ..... This is not a mistake.
But I will change it (1.0.2)

on Edit Feature Thread maybe change the "delete" phrase to "un-feature thread", it could be only me, but the delete button made it sound like I was deleting the whole thread from the database itself

Yes I agree with you. I will add a new phrase thanks. (1.0.2)

Auto feature threads on selected forums based on the numbers of upcoming XF 2.1 reactions

I'll try to add it when I have free time. Maybe (1.0.3)

Top Bottom