[XT] Membermap

[XT] Membermap 1.0.2

No permission to download

mcatze

mcatze submitted a new resource:

[XT] Membermap - A membermap based on user location field with opt-in.

A membermap based on XenForo user location field with opt-in.

Functions​

• Membermap based on Google Maps Geocode, JavaScript and Staticmap API
  • The map use the default XenForo location field with OptIn for every user
  • Permissions and map markers per user group
  • Map marker clustering
  • Choose between 4 different map types (Roadmap, Hybrid, Terrain and Satellite)
  • Default map coordinates and zoom in options
  • Enable/Disable POI on membermap...

Read more about this resource...

I really like it. But for some reason. Doesn't show anyone on map. Any advice?
As i said every marker is based on the user location field AND the checkbox below. Cause GDPR every user has to submit his location field AND check the box that he want to be shown on the map.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-13 um 20.26.10.webp
    Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-13 um 20.26.10.webp
    4.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-13 um 20.26.50.webp
    Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-13 um 20.26.50.webp
    19.9 KB · Views: 9
As i said every marker is based on the user location field AND the checkbox below. Cause GDPR every user has to submit his location field AND check the box that he want to be shown on the map.

I'm using DB members maps ,and members are showing on map.

These are two different addons. DBMemberMap use Geolocation (IP based) and i use Geocoding (Address based). I have no idea if you can run both together.

Just tested. Also is very buggy if you click on user from map. The profile cover is messed up.

I have uninstalled, but when I click on me , the profile appears to be messed because of cover photo.
I have no idea what do you mean. This addon do nothing with the cover/profile photo.
Maybe you make a screenshot for explanation.

It's a nice add-on, prefer it over DBs implementation.

It did conflict with the SVGs in the Gamer profiles addon like above, but I just hid them using extra.less.

I notice if multiple people are in the exact same location you can only see one pin and one profile? If you enable clustering this isn't fixed as you can't zoom in close enough.

Is it possible to have your own pin show as a different colour?

Last edited:
mcatze addons is ok, but google maps in general, very difficult to validate to have valid key access, google maps is no good.
  • Google Geocoding API
  • Google Maps JavaScript API
  • Google Maps Static API

I notice if multiple people are in the exact same location you can only see one pin and one profile?
There are stacked, you can only see the top one.
If you enable clustering this isn't fixed as you can't zoom in close enough.
Its than at max zoom. The Pins are on the exact same place, so they are stacked.
We have ideas to find a solution, but it is, how Google Maps works.
Is it possible to have your own pin show as a different colour?
Not yet. I am sure @mcatze will take a look into this idea.

mcatze submitted a new resource:

• Google Geocoding API
  • Google Maps JavaScript API
  • Google Maps Static API
  • Google Places API

Could you explain which API's are used by which functions - server vs user browser.
I use Website Restrictions on my API credentials, to stop other sites/people from using my account, and it seems since you are only allowing a single API key in /admin.php?options/groups/xt_membermap/ then you cannot have website restrictions active? - very dangerous/risky!

Top Bottom