XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

I'm encountering the following jQuery issues with a 3rd party plugin for WordPress. I submitted a ticket about this, but it would be great if you're able to assist me in this matter. Thanks a lot.

Code:
JQMIGRATE:Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
um-scripts.min.js?ver=4.9.7:1Uncaught TypeError: jQuery(...).tipsy is not a function
   at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (um-scripts.min.js?ver=4.9.7:1)
   at i (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
   at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
   at Function.ready (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
   at HTMLDocument.K (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
um-functions.min.js?ver=4.9.7:1Uncaught TypeError: e.masonry is not a function
   at UM_Member_Grid (um-functions.min.js?ver=4.9.7:1)
   at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (um-functions.min.js?ver=4.9.7:1)
   at Function.each (jquery-3.2.1.min.js?_v=a907bce9:2)
   at r.fn.init.each (jquery-3.2.1.min.js?_v=a907bce9:2)
   at um_responsive (um-functions.min.js?ver=4.9.7:1)
   at um-responsive.min.js?ver=4.9.7:1
   at dispatch (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:3)
   at r.handle (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:3)
um-responsive.min.js?ver=4.9.7:1Uncaught TypeError: jQuery(...).cropper is not a function

When the bridge (and WP theme) is deactivated, it's working...

I'm encountering the following jQuery issues with a 3rd party plugin for WordPress. I submitted a ticket about this, but it would be great if you're able to assist me in this matter. Thanks a lot.

Code:
JQMIGRATE:Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
um-scripts.min.js?ver=4.9.7:1Uncaught TypeError: jQuery(...).tipsy is not a function
   at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (um-scripts.min.js?ver=4.9.7:1)
   at i (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
   at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
   at Function.ready (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
   at HTMLDocument.K (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
um-functions.min.js?ver=4.9.7:1Uncaught TypeError: e.masonry is not a function
   at UM_Member_Grid (um-functions.min.js?ver=4.9.7:1)
   at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (um-functions.min.js?ver=4.9.7:1)
   at Function.each (jquery-3.2.1.min.js?_v=a907bce9:2)
   at r.fn.init.each (jquery-3.2.1.min.js?_v=a907bce9:2)
   at um_responsive (um-functions.min.js?ver=4.9.7:1)
um-responsive.min.js?ver=4.9.7:1Uncaught TypeError: jQuery(...).cropper is not a function

When the bridge (and WP theme) is deactivated, it's working...
It looks like some product you're using requires a certain jQuery version. But hard to say.

I thought this was included in the subscription package so I paid for subscription but this was not included.
Can the subscription be cancelled and the amount be adjusted against this Add On and Reactions?
I have submitted ticket also. Ticket ID:#11391

Is there a feature to auto promote threads based on certain criteria?

I'd like to have a latest threads, hot/trending threads, etc.

Also it would be nice to have a category/node mapping feature. So when posts are made in wordpress, or threads are promoted, they will follow a given mapping configuration instead of guessing or defaulting to a single node. Sometimes there may be several nodes I'd want showing up in the same category for example.

I get errors in logs after looking at any article on my portal:
Code:
0 [internal function]: XF::handlePhpError(1024, '[E_USER_NOTICE]...', '/vhosts/gamesbo...', 4045, Array)
#1 portal/wp-includes/functions.php(4045): trigger_error('Funkcja WP_User...')
#2 portal/wp-includes/class-wp-user.php(265): _deprecated_argument('WP_User->id', '2.1.0', 'Zamiast tego u\xC5...')
#3 portal/wp-includes/author-template.php(167): WP_User->__isset('id')
#4 portal/wp-content/themes/wp-xpress-theme/template-parts/post/content.php(15): get_the_author_meta('id')
#5 portal/wp-includes/template.php(690): require('/vhosts/gamesbo...')
#6 portal/wp-includes/template.php(647): load_template('/vhosts/gamesbo...', false)
#7 portal/wp-includes/general-template.php(155): locate_template(Array, true, false)
#8 portal/wp-content/themes/wp-xpress-theme/single.php(44): get_template_part('template-parts/...', '')
#9 portal/wp-includes/template-loader.php(74): include('/vhosts/gamesbo...')
#10 portal/wp-blog-header.php(19): require_once('/vhosts/gamesbo...')
#11 portal/index.php(17): require('/vhosts/gamesbo...')
#12 {main}

Is it possible to have multiple wordpress installations connected with forum?

Hey all just wanted to pop in, will get responses first thing in the morning. I'm traveling but someone will respond tomorrow. Any ugent issues make sure you have a ticket and I'll mkae sure it gets resolved

Would you be able to investigate this further? Its a pain in the ass, because it's working fine without XPRESS enabled. :(

The default WordPress style includes jQuery 1.12.4 (From May 2016), XenForo uses jQuery 3.2.1 (From March 2017). The issue is likely an incompatibility between these versions, you'd need to contact the developer of that plugin to see if they'd be able to make it compatible with a more modern version of jQuery, not really anything we can change unfortunately as the jQuery version is something XenForo adds.

I get errors in logs after looking at any article on my portal:
Code:
0 [internal function]: XF::handlePhpError(1024, '[E_USER_NOTICE]...', '/vhosts/gamesbo...', 4045, Array)
#1 portal/wp-includes/functions.php(4045): trigger_error('Funkcja WP_User...')
#2 portal/wp-includes/class-wp-user.php(265): _deprecated_argument('WP_User->id', '2.1.0', 'Zamiast tego u\xC5...')
#3 portal/wp-includes/author-template.php(167): WP_User->__isset('id')
#4 portal/wp-content/themes/wp-xpress-theme/template-parts/post/content.php(15): get_the_author_meta('id')
#5 portal/wp-includes/template.php(690): require('/vhosts/gamesbo...')
#6 portal/wp-includes/template.php(647): load_template('/vhosts/gamesbo...', false)
#7 portal/wp-includes/general-template.php(155): locate_template(Array, true, false)
#8 portal/wp-content/themes/wp-xpress-theme/single.php(44): get_template_part('template-parts/...', '')
#9 portal/wp-includes/template-loader.php(74): include('/vhosts/gamesbo...')
#10 portal/wp-blog-header.php(19): require_once('/vhosts/gamesbo...')
#11 portal/index.php(17): require('/vhosts/gamesbo...')
#12 {main}

Is it possible to have multiple wordpress installations connected with forum?

Could you provide the full error message as well?

I have this
Code:
[*]ErrorException: [E_USER_NOTICE] Funkcja WP_User->id została wywołana z argumentem, którego użycie jest <strong>przestarzałą praktyką</strong> od wersji 2.1.0! Zamiast tego użyj <code>WP_User->ID</code>.
[*]portal/wp-includes/functions.php:4045

And this
Code:
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(46) "/portal/yrel-nowa-bohaterka-wkracza-do-nexusa/"
  ["referrer"] => string(57) "https://www.gamesboard.pl/portal/tag/heroes-of-the-storm/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Is there a way to build a Wordpress page template so there are no sidebars? I have a couple of pages I want to focus on the content and I do not want the extra noise.

So I got everything installed, and added the Divi "Extra" theme. None of the XF options are there - Forums, Resources, Members - nothing. I've looked all through XPress, Wordpress, and Extra, and can't seem to find a way to get the XF info in there. Only the Wordpress stuff shows up. It was showing up when I tried the XPress WP theme.

lQcMkFq.jpg

Also, is there a way to change the "Blog" header to something else? I changed it to "Reviews" in the edit phrase and saved it, but it still shows up as "Blog". Unless I'm editing the wrong item, which I've been known to do in the past...

MiIieRh.png

bz2Pk97.png

So I got everything installed, and added the Divi "Extra" theme. None of the XF options are there - Forums, Resources, Members - nothing. I've looked all through XPress, Wordpress, and Extra, and can't seem to find a way to get the XF info in there. Only the Wordpress stuff shows up. It was showing up when I tried the XPress WP theme.

The XF navigation will not show up in standard WordPress themes, you must use the XPress theme to get the style integration

Also, is there a way to change the "Blog" header to something else? I changed it to "Reviews" in the edit phrase and saved it, but it still shows up as "Blog". Unless I'm editing the wrong item, which I've been known to do in the past...

I believe the phrase is nav.thxpress

Hi,

I am thinking about buying XPRESS and the theme, and got some questions;

1) It looks like when you create a new blog post, it gets a typical WP-url; domain.com/title-of-post, but at the same time a XF-url. Is there any possibility that this can hurt rankings? Because of duplicate content etc.

2) Is it possible for a blog post to not be posted as an XF thread, but still have a comments sections with the same log ins as XF?

1) It looks like when you create a new blog post, it gets a typical WP-url; domain.com/title-of-post, but at the same time a XF-url. Is there any possibility that this can hurt rankings? Because of duplicate content etc.

The XF URL is the thread. The article content is not actually duplicated, the first post receives an excerpt. The comments are the only duplicated content if you have the automatical thread creation turned on and XPress set to use XF thread view instead of native WP comments, but that should not hurt SEO, as the article content is the relevant SEO content.

2) Is it possible for a blog post to not be posted as an XF thread, but still have a comments sections with the same log ins as XF?

Absolutely possible. By default there's no thread created unless you set up the necessary options, and you can set it to use native wordpress comments instead of XF threads. As long as you have SSO enabled, your users will automatically be logged into their (auto-created) WP accounts and can post comments with these.

I thought this was included in the subscription package so I paid for subscription but this was not included.
Can the subscription be cancelled and the amount be adjusted against this Add On and Reactions?
I have submitted ticket also. Ticket ID:#11391
We received your ticket and will respond soon! :)
Is there a feature to auto promote threads based on certain criteria?

I'd like to have a latest threads, hot/trending threads, etc.

Also it would be nice to have a category/node mapping feature. So when posts are made in wordpress, or threads are promoted, they will follow a given mapping configuration instead of guessing or defaulting to a single node. Sometimes there may be several nodes I'd want showing up in the same category for example.
Not at this time and I don't believe we plan on offering such functionality within XPress. But we will keep it noted :)
Is there a way to build a Wordpress page template so there are no sidebars? I have a couple of pages I want to focus on the content and I do not want the extra noise.
Thanks, that one is formatted like a post, not a page. I made a custom page, I just can't figure out how to drop the sidebar. Native Wordpress says to not include get_sidebar(). How do you the same thing with Xpress?
I was told by one of our developers for you to use this command: \XPress::app()->registry()->set('xpress.sidebar', null);
I don't want a refund.

@Mike Creuzer, can the WordPress theme use Page Builder by Site Origin?: https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/siteorigin-panels/
Don't believe we've had any compatibility reports based on that add-on but if you experience any issues please report them on our issue tracker here: https://github.com/Audentio/xpress-issues

The XF URL is the thread. The article content is not actually duplicated, the first post receives an excerpt. The comments are the only duplicated content if you have the automatical thread creation turned on and XPress set to use XF thread view instead of native WP comments, but that should not hurt SEO, as the article content is the relevant SEO content.

Absolutely possible. By default there's no thread created unless you set up the necessary options, and you can set it to use native wordpress comments instead of XF threads. As long as you have SSO enabled, your users will automatically be logged into their (auto-created) WP accounts and can post comments with these.

Thanks.

If I run Norwegian WordPress and Norwegian XenForo, will there be a lot of translations I have to do, and if so, is there a translation panel or do I have to hardcode anything?

If I run Norwegian WordPress and Norwegian XenForo, will there be a lot of translations I have to do, and if so, is there a translation panel or do I have to hardcode anything?

You should be able to translate everything we added for XPress via the XenForo Phrase system. All phrases carry xpress in their name. I think there are somewhat around 150ish phrases.

Top Bottom