XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

I think you're talking about two different issues here. I understand what you're saying, that there might be an error underneath... but the error message was specifically telling me there was already a link set up and there was not.

Wrong error message.

Happens on the first "save" of the info.

No link is present. There should not be an error message telling me the disk path is already in use when it is a fresh install and I've literally just hit the save button once after entering the info for the first time.

If there is an error it should be a different error message.

The error that we're talking about here (platform_title, url_path, etc., must be unique) have their origin on your database level. In other words, there's only two scenarios where this error could be thrown: A) There does indeed already a record with these values exist, likely from a previous (failed) attempt to establish the link or B) your database is malfunctioning.

I don't believe that. I think there's something else going on. It was a fresh database, there was not a record there already (obviously because it was a fresh install and fresh database) and I get this error always no matter what server I install it on. I've done this on multiple accounts trying to set it up both in the past and now. It's always the same error, same problem. It's not the database...

I'll have to delete it all and reinstall it again and come back to it when I have time to deal with this again in a couple of months. Right now I don't. I already spent all night on it and decided to not use it for this project.

That part is entirely handled by the XenForo framework. If there was an issue in that part of the code, I'm sure it would've been addressed already, as it would've affected more that just XPress.

Caching and User sessions.

When using litespeed caching plugin for WP and also for XF things glitch.
When disabling WP litespeed caching things work flawless.

When loading a WP post with XF commenting enabled the user gets logged out or sometimes User1 sees User2 navigation/avatar.
When there is a mismatch of user session posting a reply does not work and one needs to endlessly press login/logout to eventually successfully load the post with the correct credentials.

I hope to create a litespeed exemption based on URL via the GUI or in the htaccess based on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} or RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING}

Does anyone have experience in this or perhaps does Themehouse have some pointers i can experiment with ?

I can probably figure this out myself, but I'm curious if anyone knows of a simple way to place a link to a submitted post on the forum on the threadlist as well? My thought being that it would be easier to allow people to click through directly to the WP article without needing to hit the comments first.

Something like this, but not as ugly (just did quickly as example)

1574435123237.webp

I have a question - I understand that you can promote a post from XF --> to WP (Promote threads in your community to WordPress posts) --> how does this work? Is there a link from the forum post? Is there a setting in AdminCP that lets certain user groups do this on their own? And if this is possible - what picture will be the main picture in the WP article?

I wish I could see how this works as an admin before buying. Right now I can only see the front-end, and that doesn't reveal much.

Hi,
I've been considering this add-on for one of my websites. I was wondering if there are some known plugins which do not work or cause problems, either on wordpress side or xf?

I assume the xf gallery/media can be shared across wordpress like latest uploads, etc.?

I have a question - I understand that you can promote a post from XF --> to WP (Promote threads in your community to WordPress posts) --> how does this work? Is there a link from the forum post? Is there a setting in AdminCP that lets certain user groups do this on their own? And if this is possible - what picture will be the main picture in the WP article?

I wish I could see how this works as an admin before buying. Right now I can only see the front-end, and that doesn't reveal much.

There’s an option to “promote to article” a thread under more options if the user is a member of a certain UserGroup. As you assumed the permissions are set by the AdminCP. When you promote an article it’ll start a new post in WordPress and you’ll then be able to select a new featured photo, assign a category, and so forth just as you can with all posts in WordPress.

Just saw this? Does it work cross-domain?

View attachment 212085

Tagging @Lukas W. on this as actually Im not sure. ETA Yes it is
Yes it does.

I don't know how to get help with this. It's great that you put this simple bridge addon out there for free but why isn't in the Resources here and not easy to find on your site? I kind of feel like it was put out there to do damage control when you decided to up the price for this theme/bridge addon which I abandoned due to all the issues.

I opened a ticket around the 1st week in Nov. for this free addon. And the only way to open said ticket is to pick this paid theme/bridge addon from the drop down which my license was still vaild for when I opened it.

I get one reply a day if I'm lucky telling me to try things I already said I did.
I disabled all 3rd party plugins on my WP site and even disabled the import roles feature and it still doesn't work correctly. WP Admin gets demoted to Subscriber when XF Admin logs in on the WP site.

I provided login details to @Sarah Worthylake last Tuesday for @Lucas (I guess). The accounts have not been used at all. Yes, I understand Thursday was Thanksgiving. Days before, after, and even today, still no response.

I emailed asking if they received the details, still no response. I took away the login details and asked to let me know when you plan to look at this so I can re-instate them. Don't like having Temp Admin logins just hanging in the wind.

I'd be willing to pay money to get this free addon to work like it is supposed to. Even the original cost for this addon which is money down the drain for me.

Last edited:

From my experience patience is required when working with Themehouse.
It's a great product that requires a tad of XF/WP black belt knowledge to make work.

Once you work with Themehouse the service quality was great, however...patience is the one complaint I have.

I tried using xpress forum user bridge, and it says I can't install it because of my PHP version. Yet I'm using 7.3 I've tried also using 7.2 and 7.0 yet none of that works.

From my experience patience is required when working with Themehouse.
It's a great product that requires a tad of XF/WP black belt knowledge to make work.

Once you work with Themehouse the service quality was great, however...patience is the one complaint I have.

Hopefully we'll get it resolved soon. They should probably add this add-on to the resource section here so this thread doesn't get cluttered up with issues/discussion for two different add-ons.

I tried using xpress forum user bridge, and it says I can't install it because of my PHP version. Yet I'm using 7.3 I've tried also using 7.2 and 7.0 yet none of that works.

I can only confirm that I installed it with 7.3.10 (now running 7.3.12 without any problem)

Top Bottom