xPortal

I must say that this looks very nice and promising.

I don't have any ideas yet, but when I played around with it, I will have some :D

...It would be nice if it the url would appear as if it was in the root or at least the forum directory.
Not /portal.
Good luck!
i think the technical necessity of the community/portal url will remain forever. i have overcome the url issue using htaccess. but i really question the decision to use home>portal in the breadcrumb. i wish it just said 'home'

i think the technical necessity of the community/portal url will remain forever. i have overcome the url issue using htaccess. but i really question the decision to use home>portal in the breadcrumb. i wish it just said 'home'
You and me both but I still have yet to solve that issue.

Popular Threads/Latest Posts is a must for me :), also the ability to potentially add pages using layouts would be a plus as well, it sounds like you're approaching it as a stand-alone portal but what will you do different to stand out from say Jaxel's portal? Looking forward to updates Steve :)
I have implemented a Popular Threads block and a Latest Posts block. Currently the Latest Posts block shows the entire message of the post but I will try to figure out a more concrete Read More link instead.

I am adding an Events block that will work by pulling data from a forum for now. With the second beta release it will be more of an option to use pages or a forum.

One last thing, this will have no admin controls as of yet except the options. Adding/Moving/Deleting of blocks will not be an option till the second or third beta release. I want to make sure things runs smoothly and I plan to use AJAX for moving blocks from one column to another.

I ran into a snag with the way it routes to the portal, as soon as I figure that out it will be released.

Ok scratch that I will worry about the routing later.

I have good news and bad news, good news is I have the first beta ready, bad news is everyone will have to wait till tomorrow sometime. I'm too tired now and have a ton of information to type up first in regards to xenDirectory beta releases and the route for reporting bugs and suggestions.

Ok scratch that I will worry about the routing later.

I have good news and bad news, good news is I have the first beta ready, bad news is everyone will have to wait till tomorrow sometime. I'm too tired now and have a ton of information to type up first in regards to xenDirectory beta releases and the route for reporting bugs and suggestions.

damnit! lol

Top Bottom