XML Sitemap for XenForo 1.3 [Not needed, included in 1.4]

Am I suppose to see anything if I went to the directory /forum/sitemap?

The sitemap folder has been updated with sitemap.xml.gz files but I'm not seeing anything if I enter the above directory. Is is suppose to work that way?

The Sitemap files are generated in the www.domain.com/community/sitemap folder by this plugin.

Now you must update your robots.txt and add the new sitemap location to the file so that Google can crawl it.

You should also add your website to Google Webmasters and there run a test to see if you Sitemap is accessible by Google or not and run a few other tests.

I did a little reading and figured out that I was giving Google the wrong site address. I originall had /forum/sitemap as the address, but I needed to give them /forum/sitemap/sitemap.xml.gz. So, now they found it, but I'm getting this error:

We encountered an error while trying to access your Sitemap. Please ensure your Sitemap follows our guidelines and can be accessed at the location you provided and then resubmit.
General HTTP error: 404 not found
HTTP Error: 404
-
Jun 18, 2014

Thoughts?
Same happened to me, run the Cron again manually. It fixed mine, also dont extract the xml.gz files, leave them as is,

Just modify robots.txt to point to the new sitemap.xml.gz and this single file will point to all the other files.

Same happened to me, run the Cron again manually. It fixed mine, also dont extract the xml.gz files, leave them as is,

Just modify robots.txt to point to the new sitemap.xml.gz and this single file will point to all the other files.
Thanks. I just uninstalled and switched over to Jaxel's instead. Got it working on the first try.

Installed and configured the new sitemap generate by the plugin .. below is the report from Google Webmaster.

VaAOcBi.png

Crawling stats haven't updated yet so need to wait a few days to see what improvements came ..

Hello,

What does it mean to CHMOD777 the sitemap folder? Can anyone help me? I'm new to this but would really like to work with this add-on.

Thank you.

After Install. When I go to mysite.com/robots.txt

The file tells google the sitemap location as Sitemap: http://www.mysite.com/sitemap/sitemap.xml.gz

When the actual location is Sitemap: http://www.mysite.com/forum/sitemap/sitemap.xml.gz

How do I get the robots.php file to report the correct location. Thanks
That's a long standing bug, the robots.php functionality wasn't really playing well when XF is installed in a directory.
I'll get that fixed in a future version.

Thanks. I've put the .htaccess back as it was and used a regular robots.txt.

I have 12 sitemaps, do I have to point to them all in robots.txt or is it good enough just to point to the one forum/sitemap/sitemap.xml.gz

I've just tried to uninstall this after upgrading to XF 1.4 Beta on my test board.

Code:
Server Error

Undefined variable: installedAddon

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XfAddOns/Sitemap/Install/Install.php at line 30
XfAddOns_Sitemap_Install_Install::uninstall()
call_user_func() in XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 200
XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1779
XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 122
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/www/mattwservices.co.uk/public/admin.php at line 13

Tried on my 1.3 site as well, and getting the same error.

Reactions: rdn
I've just tried to uninstall this after upgrading to XF 1.4 Beta on my test board.

Code:
Server Error

Undefined variable: installedAddon

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XfAddOns/Sitemap/Install/Install.php at line 30
XfAddOns_Sitemap_Install_Install::uninstall()
call_user_func() in XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 200
XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1779
XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 122
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/www/mattwservices.co.uk/public/admin.php at line 13

Tried on my 1.3 site as well, and getting the same error.
It's missing the variable from the uninstall function. To fix, just add $installedAddon to the uninstall function
PHP:
        /**
         * Uninstall logic for the sitemap
         */
        public static function uninstall($installedAddon)
        {
                $installer = new XfAddOns_Sitemap_Install_Install();
                $installer->runUnInstall($installedAddon);
        }

Just want to say thanks, Ken, for making this. I'm sure many uninstalls are coming with the native app. But, your add on helped us through the past couple years for sure.

I'd like to second this! Thank you for releasing this addon and supporting it over the years! We truly appreciate it!

I uninstalled before i updated my forum. And then i upgraded. I had no problems. I looked in my directroy and noticed that the "Sitemap" folder is still there. And there is rar/zip files. Can i delete the entire folder?

Top Bottom