XML Sitemap for XenForo 1.3 [Not needed, included in 1.4]

I am facing error after updating recent release.

Undefined index: xfa_sitemap - library/XfAddOns/Sitemap/Sitemap/ThreadPagination.php:138
Generated By: Unknown Account

Sorry, only just noticed that there was a download archive for previous versions, so I have downloaded version 1.2 (I assume that this is best for XF 1.2.4?)

In any case, it IS outputting a sitemap but I am also getting a Server Error Log pop up in AdminCP, as follows:

Stack Trace
#0 /home/xxx/public_html/library/XfAddOns/Sitemap/CronEntry/RebuildSitemap.php(31): XfAddOns_Sitemap_Model_Sitemap->generate()
#1 [internal function]: XfAddOns_Sitemap_CronEntry_RebuildSitemap::run(Array)
#2 /home/xxx/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(356): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#3 /home/xxx/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Cron.php(213): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
#4 /home/xxx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Cron->actionRun()
#5 /home/xxx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /home/xxx/public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(131) "http://www.xxx.xxx/admin.php?cron/cemzoo_rebuild_sitemap/run&_xfToken=xxx"
["_GET"] => array(2) {
["cron/cemzoo_rebuild_sitemap/run"] => string(0) ""
["_xfToken"] => string(53) "xxx"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

I have blanked out some data with "xxx".

Any ideas?

I'm new to all this so bear with me if this sounds idiotic, but I can't seem to get this to take. I uploaded everything and installed properly, and 777'ed the sitemaps folder. I ran the cron job in Tools. But, there's nothing in the sitemaps folder other than index.html, and when I try to register the sitemap with Google and run the test in Webmaster tools, it gives me this error:

Errors
Empty Sitemap
Your Sitemap does not contain any URLs. Please validate and resubmit your Sitemap.

My sitemap should be under www.dressedwell.net/forum/sitemap but it just returns a blank page.

I'm sure I fubared something. Suggestions?

I'm new to all this so bear with me if this sounds idiotic, but I can't seem to get this to take. I uploaded everything and installed properly, and 777'ed the sitemaps folder. I ran the cron job in Tools. But, there's nothing in the sitemaps folder other than index.html, and when I try to register the sitemap with Google and run the test in Webmaster tools, it gives me this error:

Errors
Empty Sitemap
Your Sitemap does not contain any URLs. Please validate and resubmit your Sitemap.

My sitemap should be under www.dressedwell.net/forum/sitemap but it just returns a blank page.

Alright, so despite my running the cron job manually and it saying it worked, it actually worked this morning when it was scheduled. I now have these files in my sitemap folder:

fforum/sitemap/index.html
forum/sitemap/sitemap.forums.1.xml.gz
forum/sitemap/sitemap.forums.pags.1.xml.gz
forum/sitemap/sitemap.log
forum/sitemap/sitemap.members.1.xml.gz
forum/sitemap/sitemap.resources.1.xml.gz
forum/sitemap/sitemap.resources.updates.1.xml.gz
forum/sitemap/sitemap.threads.1.xml.gz
forum/sitemap/sitemap.threads.pags.1.xml.gz
forum/sitemap/sitemap.xml.gz

Went back into Google and it still can't see the sitemap. Says its empty.

I have member profile viewing disabled in the robots.txt options but google had crawled it a few times now in the past few days.

Could this be due to me also having a robots.txt in my root?

EDIT: Could it have not been working since I had set the cron job to 'any' and never told it to do it every day? If so that would explain a lot!

Last edited:
I blocked Baidu in the settings area, though they still seem to be indexing my website. Does Baidu have a habit of not following the robots.txt protocol?

Errors
Empty Sitemap

Alright, so despite my running the cron job manually and it saying it worked, it actually worked this morning when it was scheduled. I now have these files in my sitemap folder:

Anyone?

I did a little reading and figured out that I was giving Google the wrong site address. I originall had /forum/sitemap as the address, but I needed to give them /forum/sitemap/sitemap.xml.gz. So, now they found it, but I'm getting this error:

We encountered an error while trying to access your Sitemap. Please ensure your Sitemap follows our guidelines and can be accessed at the location you provided and then resubmit.
General HTTP error: 404 not found
HTTP Error: 404
-
Jun 18, 2014

Thoughts?

Is this sitemap the only way to help with Google rankings via the forum software? I'm down around the 4th page for something I should be relatively highly ranked for and I can't make heads or tails of why.

Top Bottom