XML Sitemap for XenForo 1.3 [Not needed, included in 1.4]

Thank you for the update. :)

Do you think you could include instructions for upgrading as well?
Sure.

Upload all the files in the zip from the "upload" folder. For upgrading, it is not necessary to upload the "sitemap" folder, just the ones inside library.

After that, go to the admin control panel, to the mod and do Upgrade on the sitemap, provide the xml from the zip file.

Damn. I was really hoping this would be the answer to my predicament since moving from vB but I also got this error unfortunately:

Code:
Server Error

curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when safe_mode is enabled or an open_basedir is set

For a non-coder, is there a relatively simple workaround for this? - I don't mind running the sitemap manually, I'd just like to run and submit to Google since I'd like to expedite re-indexation of my site.

Update. I disabled the option to ping Google/Bing and reduced the number of URLs to submit from 25000 to 10000 and it ran successfully this time around. I've just checked my sitemap data and it's outputted correctly.

Will continue to monitor over the next few days, but great job Rigel & thank you!

I am getting the same error as rigel ("Please enter a valid callback method.")..I do have a CemZoo/Username folder under library but the addon-cemzoo_sitemap.xml was not part of the upload files. Should I just upload that file to the Library->Cemzoo->Sitemap folder?

Thanks

I am getting the same error as rigel ("Please enter a valid callback method.")..I do have a CemZoo/Username folder under library but the addon-cemzoo_sitemap.xml was not part of the upload files. Should I just upload that file to the Library->Cemzoo->Sitemap folder?

Thanks

You should upload the xml file from your admincp panel: yourdomain/admin.php?add-ons/install-confirm

I did...here is what I have...install->library->cemzoo->Sitemap

The xml file is on my local computer...should I upload it anywhere? I am trying to install through the admin with the local xml file

Thanks for your help.

I did...here is what I have...install->library->cemzoo->Sitemap

The xml file is on my local computer...should I upload it anywhere? I am trying to install through the admin with the local xml file

Thanks for your help.

Are you sure you have uploaded the library folder to your forum root? When it doesn't see a valid callback it usally means the files aren't properly uploaded or in the right place.

Ok, thanks yavuz...I was installing to the Install folder because of the directions, which say "Upload all the files in the "upload" folder to your XenForo installation" - for some reason, I thought that meant to the Install folder. All is well now. Thank you very much for your quick replies!

So one more question...shouldn't there be a sitemap in the sitemap folder?

Go to your domain/admin.php?cron/ and find the sitemap option. Better explained on the thread:

2. CHMOD 777 the sitemap folder
You should have a sitemap folder under your XenForo installation.
This folder must be writable by the server

4. Run the sitemap for the first time (optional)
a) Go to your Admin Control Panel, Tools
b) Click on the option for Cron Entries
c) On the controls for "Rebuild Sitemap", select "Run"

I am getting this error in my server logs, but the sitemap is still being downloaded by Google:

Exception: Sitemap has been generated - library/CemZoo/Sitemap/Index.php:82

Just wondering if this is normal. Thanks

I am getting this error in my server logs, but the sitemap is still being downloaded by Google:

Exception: Sitemap has been generated - library/CemZoo/Sitemap/Index.php:82

Just wondering if this is normal. Thanks
That's not really an error, that is just some logging that I added so you could see that the sitemap was generated :)
I guess the fact that it is in the "Server error log" does not help, but there is no "Server activity log" so I put it there

Top Bottom