XML Sitemap for XenForo 1.3 [Not needed, included in 1.4]

It seems there is a problem with the ping feature. I ran the cron and got "an error occured, please try again later" error.

But the sitemap generates perfectly, I have already started to benefit from it. Thanks.

As I see the generating log, it excluded private forum. Does this means threads and subforums also excluded?
For public forums, does it iterate in the order of latest replied thread first? That means for a very old thread, if there is a reply, then it will appear at the top of the sitemap?

It iterates over the forum using the forum id, meaning the creation date of the forum in most of the cases (I guess an import would invalidate that)
The actual order of the URLs in the sitemap does not matter. There is, however, a priority setting that I am still not using to indicate which forums have more relevance.

It does exclude the threads in the private forums.

Thanks for the mod. When I click Run I get this page (black rectangle added by me to hide url)

View attachment 8306

Anyway it works fine!
The blue screen is because I am sending stuff to stdout (mainly to debug what it is generating), and the XenForo controller does not like that. Actually it is pretty funny, there is a comment on the source code that says "capture otuput here or something" :) I don't seem to have a way to return a custom view or piggyback on existing output, so that means it always gives an error with the headers.

I could probably not print anything and have the cron job run in silent mode, but I'd rather see what's going on (I guess there could be a flag for that). You can ignore that safely.

See error in russian forum...

Code:
Generating forums...
-- Excluded: http://www.lifecz.ru/forums/%D0%9C%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%8F.27/
-- Excluded: http://www.lifecz.ru/forums/%D0%9F%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%8F-%D0%B4%D0%BB%D1%8F-%D1%84%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%83%D0%BC%D0%B0.30/
-- Excluded: http://www.lifecz.ru/forums/%D0%9D%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B8%D1%87%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%BC-%D0%B8-%D0%BD%D0%B5-%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%BA%D0%BE-%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%BE%D1%89%D1%8C.31/
-- Excluded: http://www.lifecz.ru/forums/%D0%90%D0%B4%D0%BC%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%81%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%8F.32/
Generating threads...
-- Starting at -1 and generating 10000 urls...
Generating index file...
All doneAn unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.

It iterates over the forum using the forum id, meaning the creation date of the forum in most of the cases (I guess an import would invalidate that)
The actual order of the URLs in the sitemap does not matter. There is, however, a priority setting that I am still not using to indicate which forums have more relevance.

It does exclude the threads in the private forums.
Thanks.
The thread order seems no problem since my forum has less than hundrede theads. When the no. of threads grow up more than 10,000, which thread should appear in the sitmap? Is possible to have lates post sitemap and latest thread sitemap?

See error in russian forum...

Code:
Generating forums...
-- Excluded: http://www.lifecz.ru/forums/%D0%9C%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%8F.27/
-- Excluded: http://www.lifecz.ru/forums/%D0%9F%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%8F-%D0%B4%D0%BB%D1%8F-%D1%84%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%83%D0%BC%D0%B0.30/
-- Excluded: http://www.lifecz.ru/forums/%D0%9D%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B8%D1%87%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%BC-%D0%B8-%D0%BD%D0%B5-%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%BA%D0%BE-%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%BE%D1%89%D1%8C.31/
-- Excluded: http://www.lifecz.ru/forums/%D0%90%D0%B4%D0%BC%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%81%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%8F.32/
Generating threads...
Generating index file...

I also got the "All doneAn unexpected error occurred. Please try again later." message

If you get "All done" the sitemap generation finished successfully. You should be able to see the xml.gz files in the sitemap directory.
The error is because the controller cannot output the "Cron job executed successfully" message, that is safe to ignore. I expect that whenever the devs capture the output by the cron jobs it will go away. I could make it less verbose but I'd rather have the debugging info.

would it be possible to generate a sitemap of Popular Addons such as:

XenCarta
XenMedio
Galleria
?
Digital Doctor... I've been building my own sitemap generator, taking some ideas from Rigel's work (but still completely written by me), and my sitemap generator will include sitemaps for my addons.

1.webp

Digital Doctor... I've been building my own sitemap generator, taking some ideas from Rigel's work, and my sitemap generator will include sitemaps for my addons.

Cool. Are multiple sitemap generators a good idea (one for forums, one for addons) ? Doesn't make a difference ?

Digital Doctor... I've been building my own sitemap generator, taking some ideas from Rigel's work (but still completely written by me), and my sitemap generator will include sitemaps for my addons.

View attachment 8363

This is great! My Wiki has TONS of good info to search on google.

The current sitemap is awesome. Already seen more traffic because of it. Thanks!

I keep getting error

Code:
Generating forums...
Generating threads...
-- Starting at 10731 and generating 10000 urls...
-- Starting at 21192 and generating 10000 urls...
-- Starting at 31439 and generating 10000 urls...
-- Starting at 41590 and generating 10000 urls...
-- Starting at 51811 and generating 10000 urls...
Generating index file...

EDIT: OK i just read in a post above that this error is OK.

Thanks for the mod :)

I keep getting error

Code:
Generating forums...
Generating threads...
-- Starting at 10731 and generating 10000 urls...
-- Starting at 21192 and generating 10000 urls...
-- Starting at 31439 and generating 10000 urls...
-- Starting at 41590 and generating 10000 urls...
-- Starting at 51811 and generating 10000 urls...
Generating index file...

EDIT: OK i just read in a post above that this error is OK.

Thanks for the mod :)
Have u look inside the generated sitemap?

Sitemap generated but I have got following error:

Code:
Server Error

curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when safe_mode is enabled or an open_basedir is set
XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in CemZoo/Sitemap/Ping.php at line 29
CemZoo_Sitemap_Ping::pingUrl() in CemZoo/Sitemap/Ping.php at line 47
CemZoo_Sitemap_Ping::pingGoogle() in CemZoo/Sitemap/Index.php at line 113
CemZoo_Sitemap_Index->pingServices() in CemZoo/Sitemap/Index.php at line 78
CemZoo_Sitemap_Index->generate() in CemZoo/Sitemap/CronEntry/RebuildSitemap.php at line 26
CemZoo_Sitemap_CronEntry_RebuildSitemap::run() in XenForo/Model/Cron.php at line 353
XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Cron.php at line 204
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Cron->actionRun() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/censored_path/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Sitemap generated but I have got following error:

Code:
Server Error

curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when safe_mode is enabled or an open_basedir is set
XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in CemZoo/Sitemap/Ping.php at line 29
CemZoo_Sitemap_Ping::pingUrl() in CemZoo/Sitemap/Ping.php at line 47
CemZoo_Sitemap_Ping::pingGoogle() in CemZoo/Sitemap/Index.php at line 113
CemZoo_Sitemap_Index->pingServices() in CemZoo/Sitemap/Index.php at line 78
CemZoo_Sitemap_Index->generate() in CemZoo/Sitemap/CronEntry/RebuildSitemap.php at line 26
CemZoo_Sitemap_CronEntry_RebuildSitemap::run() in XenForo/Model/Cron.php at line 353
XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Cron.php at line 204
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Cron->actionRun() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/censored_path/public_html/admin.php at line 13
Did you make the sitemap directory 777?

Top Bottom