XML Sitemap for XenForo 1.3 [Not needed, included in 1.4]

Add Linux cron "crontab -e"
I'm not fully sure what that means. Do I do this in CLI:
crontab -e php /home/mysite/public_html/forums/library/XfAddOns/Sitemap/Cli.php
And if that is correct, how often will it run?

And another question , I just noticed in my robots.txt that is has added:
Sitemap: http://mysite.net/sitemap/sitemap.xml.gz
However that is wrong, it should be
Sitemap: http://mysite.net/forums/sitemap/sitemap.xml.gz
What do I need to change?

And not sure if this is the same problem as above, but the ping in the log file after running the CLI is wrong too: It has:
Pinging to Google: http://www.google.com/webmasters/to...ite/public_html/forums/sitemap/sitemap.xml.gz
DEBUG: 05/01/2014 09:51:24: Pinging to Bing: http://www.bing.com/webmaster/ping....ite/public_html/forums/sitemap/sitemap.xml.gz
INFO: 05/01/2014 09:51:24: Sitemap has been generated

Both of those links above contain my link and the linux path which is wrong. How do I correct this?

Love that you have an Image Sitemap for XMG, any discussion about XenGallery?
I didn't actually add a Sitemap, @Chris D coded that himself.
He requested some additional support for Google Image Sitemap in the base code, and I added that.

Thanks for your hard work on this, it's working perfectly! I would also like to be able to include an Image Sitemap and I also use XenGallery. I've got no clue how to get this done, how might we proceed? Look for a coder?

I just want to say again in case it hasn't been clear up to now:

Rigel hasn't implemented any code that alters the behaviour of any other add-on. Instead, he has implemented some changes I suggested so that his code is ready to produce image sitemaps.

The changes made yesterday will not do anything for normal users.

If you want functionality to be added to any add-on then you need to contact the developer of that add-on. It is nothing to do with Rigel. He's just providing us with some extra tools to help us do our job :)

Rigel hasn't implemented any code that alters the behaviour of any other add-on. Instead, he has implemented some changes I suggested so that his code is ready to produce image sitemaps.

If you want functionality to be added to any add-on then you need to contact the developer of that add-on. It is nothing to do with Rigel. He's just providing us with some extra tools to help us do our job :)

ok, clear now :)

I did exactly what the tutorial file told me to do but nothing has changed in the robots.txt file, I may have done something wrong
I intentionally did not include instructions for the robots.php as that is an advanced feature, and I do not support it. It works, but you will need to do the proper configuration in your server to make it work.

It is also completely optional, and not required for the purposes of generating a sitemap

I use your gallery, does this update automatically implement image sitemapping or is there something I need to configure and or update with your addon?

Can you allow us to exclude some forums that are public? This will help larger forums that can't use the default cron because of timeouts. If I exclude our off topic forum it does not timeout.

Rigel Kentaurus updated Sitemap for XenForo with a new update entry:
1.5.0 Added capability to ignore a forum

Enhancements
  • Forums are auto-ignore if they are not viewable by Visitors. However, if you want to exclude a forum from the sitemap manually, you can do so from the Forum Edit Page
screen-shot-2014-05-03-at-1-50-30-am-png.73019

If you like this add-on, please post a review. It takes 1 minute and I enjoy the feedback! :) Please remember: You can post a review for the update even if you have alread reviewed before

Sitemap for XenForo 1.5.0 does not support Xenforo 1.2.x.
"This add-on requires XenForo 1.3.0 or higher."
Please support to check.
Thanks.

Rigel Kentaurus updated Sitemap for XenForo with a new update entry:
1.5.0 Added capability to ignore a forum

Enhancements
  • Forums are auto-ignore if they are not viewable by Visitors. However, if you want to exclude a forum from the sitemap manually, you can do so from the Forum Edit Page
screen-shot-2014-05-03-at-1-50-30-am-png.73019

If you like this add-on, please post a review. It takes 1 minute and I enjoy the feedback! :) Please remember: You can post a review for the update even if you have alread reviewed before

Please add feature manually exclude. Thanks.

Just wondering did the latest update contain a fix? Also which config are you referring to? As the xenforo config does not have any boardurl reference in mine.
No, that update did not contain a fix for your particular issue. I'll fix that in a future version.

Top Bottom