[XI] Blog [Paid] [Deleted]

Will 1.1 allow for users to create categories within their blogs? This is something I have been in need of for around a year and have not purchased because of this reason. If it is going to be a feature of 1.1 please let me know.

Thanks.

Will 1.1 allow for users to create categories within their blogs? This is something I have been in need of for around a year and have not purchased because of this reason. If it is going to be a feature of 1.1 please let me know.

Thanks.
At this moment there are categories but they are not user-defined.

Awesome! When will user defined categories be available?

I need my users to be able to create a category eg (funny) and make blog posts within that. If the user wants another category (serious) they can make blog posts in that too. That way their posts will not get mixed up. As soon as this is available I am going to purchase it.

Thanks.

Awesome! When will user defined categories be available?

I need my users to be able to create a category eg (funny) and make blog posts within that. If the user wants another category (serious) they can make blog posts in that too. That way their posts will not get mixed up. As soon as this is available I am going to purchase it.

Thanks.
What you're wanting is closer to being tags, than a category... The main difference is a category generally is an overall topic, whereas your examples describe content within the entry.

Nope, categories is what I need. Each user on my site needs to have a blog where they can create journals for their projects. So, if a person is building a cnc machine, they will want to have a category called "CNC Machine". That way users can click the category, and see each post in order of the build. If the same user has another project called "Pinball Machine" the same thing applies.

It is really just for the ease of the reader trying to see progress of projects.

Nope, categories is what I need. Each user on my site needs to have a blog where they can create journals for their projects. So, if a person is building a cnc machine, they will want to have a category called "CNC Machine". That way users can click the category, and see each post in order of the build. If the same user has another project called "Pinball Machine" the same thing applies.

It is really just for the ease of the reader trying to see progress of projects.
That's different than your previous example.

There is a way to set that up in 1.1, but not necessarily called categories. ;)

Wow really? Can you please show me an example of it? If that is the case then I will purchase now. As long as it is user friendly, so users can click "Create New Project" (create category) and "Update Project" (add new blog post within category) I will buy asap. This is the last thing my community needs and then I am done :D

Wow really? Can you please show me an example of it? If that is the case then I will purchase now. As long as it is user friendly, so users can click "Create New Project" (create category) and "Update Project" (add new blog post within category) I will buy asap. This is the last thing my community needs and then I am done :D
It's similar to that, yes. Entries belong to a category, but a collective group of entires can be placed into their own node-like area.

Awesome. Is there anywhere I can test out a demo as a user? I just want to make sure it is how I have pictured it in my head with the categories. Thanks.

How can we get certain usergroups other than Admins/Mods to have do-follow backlinks?
There's no way to do that without changing the code in some way (you'd have to do the same in XenForo itself). I could perhaps put in a whitelist feature in the ACP? Would that work for you?

There's no way to do that without changing the code in some way (you'd have to do the same in XenForo itself). I could perhaps put in a whitelist feature in the ACP? Would that work for you?
Well I am using this plugin for the rest of the forum and it works great: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/user-group-based-dofollow-urls.803/

Not sure if that helps or not but yea adding a white list of which usergroups can have do-follow backlinks would rock. I really need it asap for my members as their paying for it.

Top Bottom