[XFSoccer] Soccer Betting Game [Deleted]

you have not seen the two screenshots?

Sorry, the first screenshot says email so I wasn't sure. It's not clear if it's an email alert or an XF on-site notification. That should be fixable with a phrase change though, thanks :-)

Is there any chance to get a usergroup promotion based on whether they've ever made a prediction or not?

Hi @AA_ & All:

I have read all 15 pages of this add-on discussion but i still don't understand how the result work? I mean, is it automatically updated without any "EDIT" function from the ADMIN CP? and if it is automatically updated, How long does it take for updating the score of a match?

2nd question: Why the "Live Scores" didn't display anything ? And how can i display a "Live Score"

3rd question: If this add-on having some function such as Creating a custom League, manually editing the scores of any matches in the Leagues and Live Scores, i would like to purchase for it.

Thanks! :)

Great work with the updates - one thing the users have been asking me is about having Alert reminders which I see you have added, however is it possible to have the alerts 48hr or 24hrs before the matches start rather than just the same day?

Thanks

Would also be great to default alerts to ticked...(not emails, but alerts)

Hi @AA_ & All:

I have read all 15 pages of this add-on discussion but i still don't understand how the result work? I mean, is it automatically updated without any "EDIT" function from the ADMIN CP? and if it is automatically updated, How long does it take for updating the score of a match?

2nd question: Why the "Live Scores" didn't display anything ? And how can i display a "Live Score"

3rd question: If this add-on having some function such as Creating a custom League, manually editing the scores of any matches in the Leagues and Live Scores, i would like to purchase for it.

1) Yes it's all automatic. The results are normally 10-20 minutes behind real time but you can add the scores yourself which get sent back to the "score server".

2) Live scores only dispay during a match. Presumably there are no games right now for the leagues you have added.

3) I don't think that's currently possible.

Hi @RobParker :

Thank you for a clearly explanation. Just wanna ask u something else, how can i add the scores for the matches? and where is that function in the ACP? After added the scores, if it is incorrect, is it automatic correct it though the score server?

Last question: Is the "score server" a "Running System"?

Hi @RobParker :

Thank you for a clearly explanation. Just wanna ask u something else, how can i add the scores for the matches? and where is that function in the ACP? After added the scores, if it is incorrect, is it automatic correct it though the score server?

Last question: Is the "score server" a "Running System"?

@AA_ will be able to give you an official answer but from my experience:

During a match the Live Scores page shows the current scores and lets anyone update them. That sends it back to the score server which checks the results. This is in the frontend, not an admin feature.

I believe AA said that there's some logic to check that the submitted score is reasonable but the score server will update it to the correct score if anyone inputs the wrong score.

The "score server" is a system run by AA as far as I know.

(...)
I believe AA said that there's some logic to check that the submitted score is reasonable but the score server will update it to the correct score if anyone inputs the wrong score.
(...)

yes this information is correct.

Incorrect results are definitely automatically corrected at the end of game from the addon (via services). every user can report/submit nonsensical results. during the games results can therefore also be wrong. However, the livescores-poster-log displays the causal user:

public_livescores.png

Hi

i uninstall xf soccer and i install it again, but it advise me an error:

During the validation, the following error has occurred: Error 5. Contact the author of the betting game ("AA_") on xenforo.com or xendach.de.

what can i do?

You'll need to copy the images from the default style. There should be an xfsoccer directory in the style folder.

I mentioned this to AA that I think he has it set up "wrong" (in the sense most other developers do it differently and link to the default directory).

You'll need to copy the images from the default style. There should be an xfsoccer directory in the style folder.

I mentioned this to AA that I think he has it set up "wrong" (in the sense most other developers do it differently and link to the default directory).

Thanks Rob, now its all ok!

Hello, I'm wondering if this addon can work with something other than soccer. I'm running a forum for my multigame clan and I if it's possible, I would like to use it with match and tournament :)

Top Bottom