As designed XFRM - Move ressource to another category and...

Nicolas FR

Affected version
...Lost the discussion.

Is it a normal behaviour ? I've just moved a ressource from a category to another and the concerned discussion disappears.

edit: Ooops, sorry the discussion became closed, i have to reopen it and move to the correct forum.

thanks.

but when you do this the discussion is not attached at all to the ressource...
How to manage a ressource moving without loosing the discussion attached ??

Might it be the category you moved it to has no discussion forum:

Automatically create thread in forum (none)

I'm not sure it does work like that but be be worth looking into.

I'm not sure it does work like that but be be worth looking into.
It doesn't - that's only for resource creation.

I am unable to reproduce the issue that's being reported.
Moving a resource to another category doesn't affect the associated thread.

What are the exact steps/conditions to reproduce it?

Hello Brogan,

Move a ressource that has a related discussion to a category whose option "automatically create a discussion in..." is not activated

Last edited:
We're clearly seeing different behaviour.

Moving the resource results in the thread being soft deleted but the resource and thread are still connected.

1602773585981.webp

1602773600745.webp

Undeleting the thread restores the thread and maintains the link with the resource.

Undeleting the thread restores the thread and maintains the link with the resource
If the destination category has been configured to automatically open a discussion at the creation of a resource. Otherwise the discussion remains in the original forum and it can no longer be moved without losing the link with its resource

So this is generally all the expected behavior. If a resource is moved to a category that doesn't have a discussion thread, the discussion is soft deleted (from the location it was in). The thread is still associated with the resource though, so you can undelete it if you really want to. If the resource is moved to a category that creates threads in a different forum, the discussion thread will be moved to that forum.

Moving a resource's discussion thread doesn't have any bearing on whether it's associated with a resource, unless you move it to a forum that doesn't support the resource thread type, which is essentially a non-general discussion forum. (All discussion forums support resource threads; it's not something that can be manually created though, so there's no direct UI implication.) This is essentially equivalent to moving something like a suggestion to a question forum, as it will be converted to an allowed type.

Top Bottom