1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xfProjectTools [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases' started by Mythotical, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Mythotical

Mythotical Well-Known Member

Mythotical submitted a new resource:

xfProjectTools (version 1.0) - Project Tools is a unique bug tracker built for XenForo based on the popular vBulletin version.

Read more about this resource...

Veer, FredC and Digital Doctor like this.
  2. Cory Booth

Cory Booth Well-Known Member

Wow!

I was looking for something similar to track community projects... I will have to look into this....

3. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Did Seven make it ? :)
    Demo please.

4. Mythotical

Yep SeVeN made it, I linked to his original thread but his time was limited so he offered it up for anyone to take over.

Demo can be viewed on my site: http://mythotical.com/project/

Digital Doctor likes this.
  5. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

This looks sweet to bad i dont have a use for it.. I dont even have a dev board anymore, might have to change that to give this a test spin.

6. Digital Doctor

What is the wiki ?

On this page ... http://mythotical.com/project/myshop.2/issues?issue_type_id=1

I found this entire block of text

to be more hinderance than benefit.
    It was helpful on the "Main Page" .. ie. http://mythotical.com/project/myshop.2/
    Other than that .... it was way too large.

Edit: even worse ... it's on every project page !! I don't know what the use of that is. If there is a use, then it better be less than two lines.

Edit2: OMG. It's on every page on your entire site. I see that must be by design. You should use a Notice for that, ideally a dismiss-able one !

7. Mythotical

Oh that is a notice, you should be able to close that. But it should only show on the index no where else. I'll check my notice options right quick.

8. Mythotical

Ok so I didn't have it set, should only show on the forum list page only now. Sorry about that DD.

9. Digital Doctor

Looks much better already !
    What's the wiki ?

10. Mythotical

The wiki is meant for information, I have yet to fill it out for any project, don't know what to put in there personally. LOL

11. MOZ

MOZ Well-Known Member

Looks good!

12. Veer

Veer Well-Known Member

Thank for updating and releasing it here :)

I tried upgrading on previous version and got this Error:
    The specified add-on does not match the add-on you chose to upgrade.

13. Digital Doctor

14. Mythotical

That is because the addon prefix has changed, if you need an upgrade version I will take care of it and just alter it back but if you can uninstall the old and install this one then that would work best.

15. Mythotical

16. Veer

Veer Well-Known Member

Yeah I see, okay no problem. I will install fresh.

There is old addon-xPT.xml includes in library/xPT folder it should be removed.

Have you changed any file names?

17. Mythotical

File names are the same, only the addon-XXX.xml has changed.

I will remove it.

Veer likes this.
  18. Mythotical

19. Veer

Veer Well-Known Member

lasertits likes this.
  20. lasertits

lasertits Active Member

Very glad to see someone picked this addon up and updated it. I'll give it a good test once I have a chance. Thanks!

Edit: Can you make it so the NavTab doesn't show if the "can use project tools" permission isn't set to 'allow'? Seems a bit pointless to show a tab for a page a user can't access. That + the post errors Veer mentioned above are the only issues I've come across thus far.

http://mythotical.com/project/hide-navtab-if-permission-to-use-projects-is-denied.6/issue

bogus and Digital Doctor like this.