MG 2.1 XFMG Permissions

lksdiego

A little confused on permission sets...

I have a group, we'll call it Group 1. 2 Categories. Cat1 and Cat2.

In usergroup permissions, I set "View Media Gallery" as Yes.

In Cat1 permissions, Group1 is all "Yes". In Cat2 permissions, Group1 is set to all "No".

Group1 cannot open or "see" Cat2 in the navigation tab, but when they hit the Media tab, ALL of the albums in Cat2 are visible. These albums are set to Inherit from the category.

If I change usergroup permissions and set "View Media Gallery" as "No", Group1 loses the Media navigation tab, despite have Yes permissions in Cat1.

What am I missing?

Solution
In terms of viewing the media gallery, they have to have global-level permissions to view the entire media section. Within that, it's controlled by individual category permissions (or individual album permissions if using personal albums).

In terms of the album-related permission question, if you click on the album (or the media -- I'm not clear on which you're actually seeing) with Group1 user, can you actually view the media? I've done some testing with category permissions any things seemed to work as I'd expect. No media was unexpectedly viewable. Does analyze permissions return what you expect in this case (for a user in that group, in the specific media category)?
I can bring back the Media tab when the usergroup permissions have "No" for View Media Gallery by using "$xf.visitor.isMemberOf(10)" in the Display Conditions, but when Group1 clicks media, they get a permissions error and can see nothing despite having "Yes" for View Media Gallery in the Media Category I want them to view....

Analyze Permissions reports "Yes" as the outcome to view.

In terms of viewing the media gallery, they have to have global-level permissions to view the entire media section. Within that, it's controlled by individual category permissions (or individual album permissions if using personal albums).

In terms of the album-related permission question, if you click on the album (or the media -- I'm not clear on which you're actually seeing) with Group1 user, can you actually view the media? I've done some testing with category permissions any things seemed to work as I'd expect. No media was unexpectedly viewable. Does analyze permissions return what you expect in this case (for a user in that group, in the specific media category)?

Solution
Thanks for the help Mike. It was a totally bonehead mistake as am I sure most are. I usually wait to post until I have tried everything. I missed a bunch of duplicate albums that were in NO category and also the Cat2 category. I didn't realize this. SO - since no category has no permissions, the global setting allowed everyone to see them. Since they were dupes, I thought I was looking at Cat2. Sorry :|

Top Bottom