xFHost.net

Naz

XenForo developer
Staff member
I'm looking for a cost friendly host to have a community on. I've seen things regarding xfhost.net and I've had a look at their site.

Can anyone vouch for them or are there better for the same price as their mid-level hosting package.

I'm looking for a cost friendly host to have a community on. I've seen things regarding xfhost.net and I've had a look at their site.

Can anyone vouch for them or are there better for the same price as their mid-level hosting package.
We're currently using them and have no complaints.

http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu

Excuse the look of our site... I'm in the progress of updating and tweaking.

Reactions: Naz
I have moved 2 sites over to them and have had few complaints. We did have a major hard drive crash, but it got fixed fairly quickly and even though they offered to take a few bucks off, I told them no. Stuff happens. So far it's been worth the move for me.

So far I'm seeing good things about these guys. I guess it was just the site and lack of information on it that was turning me off.

How many addons and styles do you have?
I'm aware that you had an add-on problem a while back. And you thought it was a hosting issue.

I have 127 add-ons currently (more than most people will ever have) and have no issue.
Capture.webp

This isn't counting all the template edits we also add.

I didn't ask you! :LOL:

No, but you have to admit that his post had salient information. It wasn't a difficult stretch to see what point you were trying to make. And you are totally justified in your frustration at the issue(s) you went through. So while I agree you have a legitimate beef with the topic, his post also had pertinent information. Because let's face it, the host is so new that we don't have any real long-term stats and have to go on personal stories.

No, but you have to admit that his post had salient information. It wasn't a difficult stretch to see what point you were trying to make. And you are totally justified in your frustration at the issue(s) you went through. So while I agree you have a legitimate beef with the topic, his post also had pertinent information. Because let's face it, the host is so new that we don't have any real long-term stats and have to go on personal stories.
I didn't ask you either! I just want to know how many addons and styles he has. I'm not gonna talk about my experience in here. Can't I just ask a simple question?

I didn't ask you either! I just want to know how many addons and styles he has. I'm not gonna talk about my experience in here. Can't I just ask a simple question?

Apologies. It's hard to read tone online sometimes. I'll be exiting stage left now.

Apologies. It's hard to read tone online sometimes. I'll be exiting stage left now.
I'm just asking because some people get shared hosting, when they really need something more like a VPS or Dedicated Server. Factor in his addons, styles and traffic and it really depends on what kind of package he should get if he gets XFHost and if not any of the XFHost packages, he should upgrade. XFHost can handle Adam's addons, but if his site ever blows up and gets lots of traffic then he'll need to upgrade and if xFHost still can't handle it he'll have to go somewhere else. When I ask a question though please don't always assume that I'm in here to start shyt, just asking a simple question. It's Mike Edge's birthday gimme a break :laugh:

Factor in his addons, styles and traffic

As people explained to you before, addon number isn't really relevant. It's more what they are doing, how those addons interact with each other ,what SQL queries they're adding and how those queries scale with traffic.

I didn't ask you! :LOL:

It's a new community however we're expecting some good amounts of traffic to it. As it's new, I guess I'm just testing the water with xfhost.net. We have a couple of add-ons in mind but they aren't the huge ones, just some of the smaller ones plus Resource Manager. Having said this, would you recommend something better? Or would I be fine with xfhost?

It's a new community however we're expecting some good amounts of traffic to it. As it's new, I guess I'm just testing the water with xfhost.net. We have a couple of add-ons in mind but they aren't the huge ones, just some of the smaller ones plus Resource Manager. Having said this, would you recommend something better? Or would I be fine with xfhost?
Get the xFHost Starter Communtiy package at $14.95 for your size forum, it's a good deal.

Nimbus Hosting also get very good reviews by people on here and we're personally very happy with them (and they maybe have more heritage than xfhost which I believe is relatively new).

I said "Addon number isn't really relevant". I agree about styles if you have an unusually large number, then the rebuilding itself can be an issue.
Addon number is relevant if you have a lot of addons that are hitting your database alot. This is what Biker told me last month and after doing some experimenting he was right.

Get the xFHost Starter Communtiy package at $14.95 for your size forum, it's a good deal.

Thank you Dre and the others. Much appreciated. Pretty new to XenForo but I love the community.

Reactions: DRE
Top Bottom