XFArcade Back - 0.0.9 Update Released Today

JacquiiDesigns

For those who're interested in the XFArcade project - The site has been back online and open to new registrations for a couple weeks now it seems. Well today there's been a new version release:

0.0.9 - January 20, 2013
  • NEW: Added new Mochi game compatibility! Please see the Mochi FAQ here.
  • NEW: Added new ACP "Import" functionality to upload & install .tar (IPB) & .zip (v3A) game files instead of having to manually unarchive the files & FTP'ing them to your server.
  • NEW: Added new "High Scores" in the games listing.
  • NEW: Added new ACP to turn on/off game categories.
  • NEW: Added new ACP to turn on/off the automatic "Arcade" link the navbar.
  • UPDATED: Moved the game description from displaying in the games listing to instead be a pop-over tooltip so it mimics the look & feel of browsing forums in XF.
  • UPDATED: Added a new field highlighter to identify input values that are incorrect when adding/editing a game.
Awesome ==> Sweetness ==> Yay!

J.

Well... I was hoping to have this installed and testing by this evening. Kinda got busy. But nice to know at least the MochiGames update is working fine!

Just remember to follow directions! There's a file included that has to go at the ROOT of your installation or scores won't save. It's not an XF Arcade thing, it's a Mochi Games thing and can't be helped.

Thanks really to XFRocks & DarkImmortal and Edrondol & Stewart1Champ. :)

Nah, not me... You guys are the main ones. Kevin, Luke, xfrocks, Edrondol (Master Tester).... its been all my pleasure to help getting this going again, no matter how small of a contribution I had.

Great to see this projected kickstarted again and more so the fine devs/people who are involved. I have enough faith now the right people are involved. Excellent to see this going again.

Just remember to follow directions! There's a file included that has to go at the ROOT of your installation or scores won't save. It's not an XF Arcade thing, it's a Mochi Games thing and can't be helped.
When you say "root", do you mean your forum root, or the site root?

I can install and play the mochi games from my xFArcade installation, but none of the high scores on the "leaderboard enabled" games are registering. I think I had this problem before with the local games, and it had to do with my nginx setup, but I wouldn't think that would apply to the Mochi games.

When you say "root", do you mean your forum root, or the site root?

I can install and play the mochi games from my xFArcade installation, but none of the high scores on the "leaderboard enabled" games are registering. I think I had this problem before with the local games, and it had to do with my nginx setup, but I wouldn't think that would apply to the Mochi games.
The crossdomain.xml file shlould be in the site root. With nginx I believe it is a matter of mimicking the XF .htaccess rules so that the routes work the same way.

Hopefully this thread will help jog the memory of what you ended up doing last time. ;)

http://xfarcade.com/threads/suggested-nginx-vhost-conf.148/

Other possible problems with Mochi scores not recording is if the user has AdBlock turned on and/or if the Mochi keys were not entered in the ACP.

I replied on the xfarcade site. ChemicalKicks made some adjustments to my nginx configuration a long time ago to get it to save core and ipb scores, and that still works, but it doesn't work with Mochimedia games for whatever reason.

Top Bottom