[XFA] Votings System

[XFA] Votings System [Paid] 1.5.0

No permission to buy (€6.00)
http://xen-factory.com/index.php?votings/add

The xen-factory.com page isn’t working
xen-factory.com is currently unable to handle this request.

Seriously, get the addon working on your site and fully tested before passing it on for us to have a look. Its a really bad look and there will be only so many times a potential customer will go look through it before finding issues even testing trivial things and then giving up.

Hum, it was working on my development forum, did test it after installing on prod, will look into that.

On mobile right now and the voting index screen looks really cluttered with no real idea on what the demo account voted, how to vote, how many total votes etc.

Also bbcode doesnt seem to work.
http://xen-factory.com/index.php?threads/voting-bbcode-test.633/

Needs lots of work before being close to usable IMO. So much potential...

Regarding the so much potential, don't hesitate to suggest for new features, this is how we make the products evolve and fit market need :)

The following is how i envision the best use of this addon:
upload_2016-4-18_14-13-54.webp

I understand you have called this a 'voting system', but it would be better targeted as a 'versus' addon, since you can only have 2 options anyway.

I called it Voting system as it was how my customer named it but you are indeed true.

So basically the only thing you would like to see is the capability to hide some columns and have a cleaner bbcode.

I called it Voting system as it was how my customer named it but you are indeed true.

So basically the only thing you would like to see is the capability to hide some columns and have a cleaner bbcode.
Yes, but also the red/green gradient graph taken away and the split to be represented by two different configurable colours as in my mockup. Also in a lot of versus type polls, a FA icon is of no use, and its more important to have the labels output. In mobile view i cannot even see the labels, and a up and down button doesnt mean anything to me unless the 'voting' question is a yes/no. Up/Down tendency doesnt mean anything in a 'versus' type graph, so must be factored into it with possibly showing which way most of the recent votes are going.

This addon has greater potential than just yes/no answers which it is limited to at present by how the data is displayed and presentation. Make all the heading columns configurable via options, if people want, but personally cleaner looks are better. Theres already so much information on forums that you dont need to display so many things out so many times.

Personally, i might be using it a sports forum. Considering you guys are french, consider me using to output a team list between France and England in Soccer/Football. I would want my forum users to rate who is the stronger team in each position etc and if all the bbcodes are aligned properly should give a good indication of where England's strengths are and where France's strengths are.

As i see this is just a yes/no voting system and more complex votings with more than 2 options and more than one possible vote it doesn't provide ?

Yes as of now it's exactly that but don't hesitate to post feature requests on our forum :)

I bought this addon, and so far its working one, only 3 issues so far:

#1: -- The BBCODE thingie, I would like to be able to control what usergroups can see the 'selection' box, I fixed that myself by adding the following to the template:

Code:
  <xen:if is="{$visitor.is_admin} OR {$visitor.is_moderator}"><a href="{xen:link votings/bbcode, {$voting}}" class="OverlayTrigger"><i class="fa fa-code"></i></a></xen:if>

Adding the IF statement in front of the entry right section in: xfa_vsys_voting_item so that only my users that are admins or moderators can click on BBCODE thingie.

#2: -- Now and then I am getting a 'server log entry' in regard to someone voting from an IPv6 address, it says 'data field' too long to insert into IP column, and does not record their vote.

I seemed to have temp. fixed this by expanding the width of the IP column in my SQL database in the 'votings' section to 32bytes instead of 10.

#3: -- I would love if the entry in the NavTab had a font awesome in front like the rest of my tabs do as you can see here:

http://www.maxconsole.com

But no matter what I try to do to add it, it does not appear, any hints on what template to edit would be nice.

Other than that, thank you! :)

I bought this addon, and so far its working one, only 3 issues so far:

#1: -- The BBCODE thingie, I would like to be able to control what usergroups can see the 'selection' box, I fixed that myself by adding the following to the template:

Code:
  <xen:if is="{$visitor.is_admin} OR {$visitor.is_moderator}"><a href="{xen:link votings/bbcode, {$voting}}" class="OverlayTrigger"><i class="fa fa-code"></i></a></xen:if>

Adding the IF statement in front of the entry right section in: xfa_vsys_voting_item so that only my users that are admins or moderators can click on BBCODE thingie.

You mean the ability to get the corresponding bbcode code for a voting line ?

#2: -- Now and then I am getting a 'server log entry' in regard to someone voting from an IPv6 address, it says 'data field' too long to insert into IP column, and does not record their vote.

I seemed to have temp. fixed this by expanding the width of the IP column in my SQL database in the 'votings' section to 32bytes instead of 10.

That's indeed a bug and I think what you did is the right way, could you report this in our bug report section please ?

#3: -- I would love if the entry in the NavTab had a font awesome in front like the rest of my tabs do as you can see here:

http://www.maxconsole.com

But no matter what I try to do to add it, it does not appear, any hints on what template to edit would be nice.

There are no template, the navigation tab is constructed through php code.
I am sure this is not the only add-on that gives you such trouble to get the icon, is it ?

You mean the ability to get the corresponding bbcode code for a voting line ?

Yeah the section to get the corresponding bbcode code for a voting line, it would be nice if it could be controlled by 'usergroups', hidden to some, viewable only to some, but for now editing the template works.

That's indeed a bug and I think what you did is the right way, could you report this in our bug report section please ?

This getting the IP error now and then, even with the expansion of the width in the column, here is the full error message I get:

Code:
Error Info

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Data too long for column 'ip' at row 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: TheGreek Boy, Today at 2:02 PM

Stack Trace

#0 /var/www/virtual/maxconsole.net/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /var/www/virtual/maxconsole.net/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /var/www/virtual/maxconsole.net/library/XFA/VotingsSystem/Model/Voting.php(715): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('\n\t\t\tINSERT INTO...')
#3 /var/www/virtual/maxconsole.net/library/XFA/VotingsSystem/ControllerPublic/Votings.php(468): XFA_VotingsSystem_Model_Voting->insertUserVote(Array, 50301, 1, '2a02:0587:e003:...')
#4 /var/www/virtual/maxconsole.net/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XFA_VotingsSystem_ControllerPublic_Votings->actionVote()
#5 /var/www/virtual/maxconsole.net/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /var/www/virtual/maxconsole.net/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(47) "http://www.maxconsole.com/votings/2/vote?vote=1"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["vote"] => string(1) "1"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

There are no template, the navigation tab is constructed through php code.
I am sure this is not the only add-on that gives you such trouble to get the icon, is it ?

Almost all the other add-ons I installed so far added the 'icon' automatically, I found to get the icon for yours, the easy way was to add to to my extra.css:

Code:
.navTabs .navTab.votings .navLink:before
   {
    content: "\f00c";
   }

.tabLinks a[href*="votings/authors"]:before{ content: "\f0c0" }
.tabLinks a[href*="votings/your-votings"]:before{ content: "\f007" }
.tabLinks a[href*="votings/stats"]:before{ content: "\f201" }
.tabLinks a[href*="votings/archives"]:before{ content: "\f1da" }
.tabLinks a[href*="votings/watched"]:before{ content: "\f03a" }

Now I have a nice 'checkmark' in front of the tab link on the main navbar, plus nice icons in front of each sub-nav links.

Something you should look into as option for the next release.

Last edited:
No problem, but please post those request in our suggestion forum/bug report.
Thanks.

Top Bottom