[XFA] Thread Management Automation

[XFA] Thread Management Automation [Paid] 1.1.1a

No permission to buy (€4.00)

XFA

XFA submitted a new resource:

[XFA] Thread Automation - Decrease moderators work and add automation to your forum (open/close, show/hide, stick/unsticky) !

Description
With Thread Automation, it's time for you and your moderators to spend some free time doing something else than managing performing actions on important threads !

When creating a thread, you will now be able to decide when and during how long the thread will be in a certain state thus letting you:

• Display the thread up to a specified date.
  • Display the thread at a...

Read more about this resource...

I would really love to schedule a thread and have it show up at the specified time, but also, within that thread be able to schedule posts, and have them show at the correct time too. There are supposed "scheduled content" modifications in existance, but none of them work correctly. Could this be extended to work for posts too?

So you would be preparing the post along with the thread ?

Main issue is that if the thread is started and post are made, the post would be displayed before the one added in the mean time so I guess this is not what you want ?

I just want to be able to schedule threads and posts. It should also be possible to schedule a post within a scheduled thread. Obviously if scheduling a post within a thread that is scheduled the UI should ensure the user chooses a post schedule after when the thread is scheduled. Does that make sense?

I just want to be able to schedule threads and posts. It should also be possible to schedule a post within a scheduled thread. Obviously if scheduling a post within a thread that is scheduled the UI should ensure the user chooses a post schedule after when the thread is scheduled. Does that make sense?

I have maybe misunderstood what this mod does.

Well currently what the mod does is let you configure some actions when creating a thread, including what you seek, ie. schedule a thread.

However, it's just a matter of setting the thread state to open and setting its date but it's all relying on the thread table.
So for the posts I think doing so wouldn't work as posts are order by id not date.
Though I could have a further look I am perhaps saying nuts, in which case this could be extended to work with posts.

Excellent work XFA.....

Now, just one test case for you before I download this.... (incidentally, this is where all the other add ons fall down)....

1. Schedule a thread for 3PM
2. Schedule 2 posts in that thread... one for 4pm, one for 5pm

When the thread goes live, have some people reply to the thread. After the 1st scheduled post goes live at 4pm have more people reply.... after the last scheduled post goes live reply some more.

Observe....Desired Result.... The post order should be maintained..... the order of posts should maintain the timeline of events.... that being the 1st post (op), followed by all replies before 4pm, followed by scheduled post 1, followed by all replies before 5pm..... followed by scheduled post 2.... followed by all other replies.

Other mods simply do not get the timeline correct and posts appear out of chronological order - all that is required (in my opinion) is to rebuild the thread cache / data at the time when each scheduled post goes live - there is a method in the controller (I can signpost you if you need).

You may have already thought of this but frankly no-one else has and no-one is really bothered - as a result everyone else's mods are broken.

Once this is all working then I can download and test it on my site.... we use scheduled posts a lot currently but can't use them in every scenario we would like as we don't have a proper solution - I think this might be it :D

@RDR - this might interest you :P

Reactions: RDR
Excellent work XFA.....

Now, just one test case for you before I download this.... (incidentally, this is where all the other add ons fall down)....

1. Schedule a thread for 3PM
2. Schedule 2 posts in that thread... one for 4pm, one for 5pm

When the thread goes live, have some people reply to the thread. After the 1st scheduled post goes live at 4pm have more people reply.... after the last scheduled post goes live reply some more.

Observe....Desired Result.... The post order should be maintained..... the order of posts should maintain the timeline of events.... that being the 1st post (op), followed by all replies before 4pm, followed by scheduled post 1, followed by all replies before 5pm..... followed by scheduled post 2.... followed by all other replies.

Other mods simply do not get the timeline correct and posts appear out of chronological order - all that is required (in my opinion) is to rebuild the thread cache / data at the time when each scheduled post goes live - there is a method in the controller (I can signpost you if you need).

You may have already thought of this but frankly no-one else has and no-one is really bothered - as a result everyone else's mods are broken.

Once this is all working then I can download and test it on my site.... we use scheduled posts a lot currently but can't use them in every scenario we would like as we don't have a proper solution - I think this might be it :D

@RDR - this might interest you :p

The desired result is how the add-on works.

When the time comes to show the post, I change the post date to the current time and run the controller post positions reordering as it of course wouldn't have been logical the other way... :)

If other mods don't bother then that's a pity... I find this very illogical... If you plan a post that come to be mixed far before in the thread at its display point, that is useless...

In that case....... I'm going to download and test this out on one of my sites.... I'll feedback soon.

Cheers,

Rob

Sure, don't hesitate to come back to us if you find any problem or want to suggest something.

Clément

I've got some issues here right off.....

A scheduled THREAD should not allow replies, UNLESS either:-
  • the reply is scheduled after the thread
    OR
  • the thread schedule has passed
The post stamp (eg. posted 10 minutes ago) is not accurate..... it should equal the schedule'd time.

The "hidden" icon should use the sprite at either (-32px -32px) or (-48px -32px) as it shows a yellow star for me (I'm using UI.X)

Moving a thread that is scheduled results in a message saying it's already in the destination forum

A scheduled THREAD should not allow replies, UNLESS either:-
  • the reply is scheduled after the thread
    OR
  • the thread schedule has passed

Not sure I understand this one, it doesn't not unless you have the right to see it.
Unless you just meant I should block the posting of scheduled post after that time ?

The post stamp (eg. posted 10 minutes ago) is not accurate..... it should equal the schedule'd time.

When it become visible, it will show the right time, ie. a moment ago.
But you certainly have the right to view.

The "hidden" icon should use the sprite at either (-32px -32px) or (-48px -32px) as it shows a yellow star for me (I'm using UI.X)

For me it shows the warning, see screenshots.
But in your case that is perhaps relative to the style ?

Moving a thread that is scheduled results in a message saying it's already in the destination forum

Hum, you mena you can't move a thread at all due to that ?

Clément

The post stamp on the forum view is wrong.... (ie, last post).... thats the one I mean that is wrong
It may be cached I guess but obviously it should be updated.

I just wanted to avoid someone (who can SEE the scheduled thread, ie staff) replying to it before the schedule kicks in (unless of course, their reply is a post that is scheduled after the thread)..... should someone reply normally their should be some sort of error, or warning that their post will be automatically scheduled for X date/time?

I've set my cron to run every minute.... could the UI allow minute selection or is that too hard to implement?

Update..... correct. a thread that is scheduled cannot be moved - it just throws an error saying it's already in the destination forum.

The post stamp on the forum view is wrong.... (ie, last post).... thats the one I mean that is wrong
It may be cached I guess but obviously it should be updated.

It shall not be updated until the thread become visible.
Unless I misunderstood ?

I just wanted to avoid someone (who can SEE the scheduled thread, ie staff) replying to it before the schedule kicks in (unless of course, their reply is a post that is scheduled after the thread)..... should someone reply normally their should be some sort of error, or warning that their post will be automatically scheduled for X date/time?

You are right, will fix that in the next release.

I've set my cron to run every minute.... could the UI allow minute selection or is that too hard to implement?

I could change it to minutes but you would have a big list of times showing every minutes.
Wouldn't be an issue for you ?

Top Bottom