[XFA] Thread Management Automation

[XFA] Thread Management Automation [Paid] 1.1.1a

No permission to buy (€4.00)
Hi,

Here's a use case that would show you what we use it for and why we need minutes....

Once a month we schedule a monthly quiz. The thread goes at at 8pm with questions (replies) scheduled at 5 minute intervals - I don't mind 5 minute increments ;) - it could scroll?

Hi,

Here's a use case that would show you what we use it for and why we need minutes....

Once a month we schedule a monthly quiz. The thread goes at at 8pm with questions (replies) scheduled at 5 minute intervals - I don't mind 5 minute increments ;) - it could scroll?

Yes it could be scrolled of course, as it is right now.
I think I could perhaps make this configurable (default 60 then set to what you want).

Could you aswell answer to the "issue" about the post stamp, see my answers in the previous posts please ?

The post stamp on the first post within the thread, and the reply posts that are scheduled appear fine..... however, the post stamp on the forum home / forum category pages look wrong. Maybe forum home and category pages are cached and those need rebuilt?

The post stamp on the first post within the thread, and the reply posts that are scheduled appear fine..... however, the post stamp on the forum home / forum category pages look wrong. Maybe forum home and category pages are cached and those need rebuilt?

When the post is shown or scheduled ?

I would like to have a simple moderator function to close a thread and to soft delete it after x days.

It happens very often that a thread needs to be trashed, but the moderator needs to make members aware first. They will post a closing statement to the thread, close the thread and then come back after a week or so to delete the thread. This gives members the opportunity to see what the problem is and prevents the members from repeating the problem.

A thread management automation for this would be very handy.

Hi,

That is a good point, I should add the possibility to set a date for deletion of the thread in addition to the other features related to thread status management.

Will implement that.

Clément

It would be nice if there would be a admin setting for: close and delete after X days.
Then add to the thread tools drop down 'close & delete'.
This will give moderators a quick option.

Yeah could think about that too.
Adding the capability to delete the thread after a given time from the thread creation/thread automation edit interface and as well adding a close and delete with default day amount.

You know, the interface is now getting a bit long and clunky...... could these additional "automation" options be enclosed within a collapsed section since they will be used seldomly? Just an idea ;)

I'm going to give this all another test..... let's see how we go and I will report back.

As you can see from the image..... (schedule time has passed, hence no icon)
upload_2015-10-28_16-34-14.webp

The last post time (at the end of the row) is correct and spot on for the schedule.... what is incorrect however is the time stamp on the left.

Aside from that little quirk I've just a few suggestions here..... first of all, loads of people use UI.X so many will have the same issue with the icon as me...... could we choose the icon from the sprite we want to use? There are several that are applicable.

Can a class be appended to the post's li element? You'll notice that watched threads have the threadWatched class applied at the li level (as well as the watched icon)..... this will enable us to style a scheduled post / thread - i for one will grey it out a little and perhaps apply other styling.

Thanks for your really hard work!

You know, the interface is now getting a bit long and clunky...... could these additional "automation" options be enclosed within a collapsed section since they will be used seldomly? Just an idea ;)

Not a bad one, I'll see what I can do.

As you can see from the image..... (schedule time has passed, hence no icon)
View attachment 120511

The last post time (at the end of the row) is correct and spot on for the schedule.... what is incorrect however is the time stamp on the left.

Indeed.

Aside from that little quirk I've just a few suggestions here..... first of all, loads of people use UI.X so many will have the same issue with the icon as me...... could we choose the icon from the sprite we want to use? There are several that are applicable.

Yeah but your need seems more style dependant no ? ie. why not changing the css in the template ?

Can a class be appended to the post's li element? You'll notice that watched threads have the threadWatched class applied at the li level (as well as the watched icon)..... this will enable us to style a scheduled post / thread - i for one will grey it out a little and perhaps apply other styling.

I think so.

Ok. Will change the css, no biggie.

I've found a bug...

Automate a thread to show at x time, automate it to stickie 5 minutes after... 5 minutes after that have it automatically close.

The thread goes live correctly but is never stickied or closed - just a heads up ;)

Hey mate..... is there an update to this or do you know when there might be one?

Thanks for your hard work on this mod :)

Hi,

Next add-on to be updated is tournament then I will certainly update this one.

Clément

Can a individual post be scheduled within an already existing thread?

OR

it has to be a part of the scheduled thread.

Top Bottom