[XFA] Thread Footer Blocks/Widgets

[XFA] Thread Footer Blocks/Widgets [Paid] 1.2.0

No permission to buy (€4.00)

XFA

XFA submitted a new resource:

[XFA] Thread Footer Blocks - A new powerful widget-like customization level brought to your forum threads.

Description
With Thread Footer Blocks a whole new level of customization is brought to your forum threads.

Kinda working like widgets, it allows you to configure blocks to be displayed at the bottom of threads of defined forums either in 1, 2 or 3 blocks layout. Even more powerful, forum blocks can be overridden in each threads by the author if authorized through permissions.

The blocks from each layout can be selected from a collection...

Read more about this resource...

You might not know but BD Widget Framework does all that, and far far far more and is actually free.

You might not know but BD Widget Framework does all that, and far far far more and is actually free.

Of course I know what [bd] Widget Framework does, already developped some widgets for it for my add-ons :)

However, I am not sure you got a close look to the features and the screenshots.

[BD] Widget Framework is aimed for sidebar blocks and only customizable by the admin itself.

This add-on is aimed for footer blocks, below the thread and is either customizable at a forum(s) level by the admin through the admincp or by the thread's author through the thread tools.

So it's two totally different things :)

[BD] Widget Framework is aimed for sidebar blocks and only customizable by the admin itself.
Not true. People use it to place things ANYWHERE.

This add-on is aimed for footer blocks, below the thread and is either customizable at a forum(s) level by the admin through the admincp or by the thread's author through the thread tools.
BD Widget Framework certainly covers below the thread, and can be customised at forum(c) levels through the ACP. It can place ANYTHING, ANYWHERE there is a hook or by adding a hook in the template and not limited to just below the thread or anything like that. It can restrict by usergroup, forum levels and quite a number of other things. Its a very popular and used addon for a reason.

Good luck to anyone who wants to buy this instead though.

Not true. People use it to place things ANYWHERE.

BD Widget Framework certainly covers below the thread, and can be customised at forum(c) levels through the ACP. It can place ANYTHING, ANYWHERE there is a hook or by adding a hook in the template and not limited to just below the thread or anything like that. It can restrict by usergroup, forum levels and quite a number of other things. Its a very popular and used addon for a reason.

Good luck to anyone who wants to buy this instead though.

Well I never said [bd] widget wasn't bad, it sure is, no doubt about that !

I have put this add-on for sale as I had it funded by a customer that needed this and that couldn't be fullfilled by [bd] widget.

Hence, as I said, it's not providing the same exact functionalities as you still haven't catched the fact that it allows thread author to customized the thread footer blocks for their own thread, visible to all users when browsing that thread. It can be interesting to add SEO data on a thread basis (this was the purpose for my customer).

In any case, you are criticizing but you haven't tried to demo to see how it works, which would certainly have led you to understand the differences.

Anyways, you are not interested by the product so no need to discuss further about the differences, and pollute this support thread :)

Hi,

No currently it's only footer blocks (this is what my customer wanted).

Would sidebar be of any interest really ?

Clément

You see use case where one particular user would want to put sidebar data in particular threads ?

Ah ok then your remark was out of the scope ;)
It's not what this add-on is meant to.

This is awesome. Saved for future use. Busy with other thing at the moment, but will come back to this!

Reactions: XFA
Top Bottom