[XFA] New Thread From Index

[XFA] New Thread From Index 1.0.0

No permission to download

XFA

XFA submitted a new resource:

New Thread Button On Index - Bring the capability to start a new thread directly from the index

Requirements
  • XenForo > 1.4.x

Description
New Thread On Index brings your user with the capability to start a new thread directly from the index. Once they click on the Post a new thread button, a popup opens, letting them choose in which forum they which to start the new thread.

Install/Uninstall instructions
The readme is available...

Read more about this resource...

Hi,

Did anyone get this working? After installing (twice) and reuploading it does nothing und nothing appears. Not with the default style and not with my custom style. Are there any more steps needed?

Thx.

Thanks for this.
Some suggestions to make this addon better:
Option to include a section in the window for Suggested forums.
many forums have too many nodes, this makes it difficult to scroll and search for a forum. so it would be nice if the window can include suggestions based on some criteria, example:
  • The most used forum
  • The last forum used by the user
many forums have few posts, others are extensively used to post. why not suggest them instead of forcing the user to search in a very large list.

Hi,

Did anyone get this working? After installing (twice) and reuploading it does nothing und nothing appears. Not with the default style and not with my custom style. Are there any more steps needed?

Thx.
Works fine for me..

Hi,

Thx.
Same here. Uninstalled.

Hi,

Thx.

Same here. Uninstalled.

Do you already have a button in the bar where the post new thread should be ?

Thanks for this.
Some suggestions to make this addon better:
Option to include a section in the window for Suggested forums.
many forums have too many nodes, this makes it difficult to scroll and search for a forum. so it would be nice if the window can include suggestions based on some criteria, example:
  • The most used forum
  • The last forum used by the user
many forums have few posts, others are extensively used to post. why not suggest them instead of forcing the user to search in a very large list.

Please post the suggestions on our website.

There is no reason it should be related to the language.

Two questions:
  • Do you already have a button in the bar where the post new thread should be ?
  • Is the template modification related to New thread on index active or not ? (ie. the 1 being on the right)
Clément

There is no reason it should be related to the language.

Two questions:
  • Do you already have a button in the bar where the post new thread should be ?

No, there is no button
  • Is the template modification related to New thread on index active or not ? (ie. the 1 being on the right)
Clément

Yes, that seems so:
nt.webp

forum_list Master-Style OK 1
forum_list FullWidth OK 1
forum_list Responsive OK 1

Ok, then next step, the button is only displayed if user has the right to post in one forum.
Is that the case ?

The button is as well only displayed on forum list as it expects a node list to be available from the default xF parent call.

Can you please point a link to your forum ?

Ok, then next step, the button is only displayed if user has the right to post in one forum.
Is that the case ?

The button is as well only displayed on forum list as it expects a node list to be available from the default xF parent call.

I have tried it with several users in several usergroups. They should have the rights.

Can you please point a link to your forum ?
Is on its way

For those of you who are using an old version of xF, that might be the reason.
As stated in the description, it only supports 1.4 and above (I don't know 1.3 as I start coding on 1.4).

Old versions of xF didn't have the button in the control bar to post a new thread so that explains why you don't see anything.

Hey Clement,

nice and useful addon. For layout reasons: would it be possible you could provide us with an option, to show the button in the sidebar? The position in the breadcrumb fits for the default xf style, but on other themes - I´m using UI.X - it´s looking disturbing as it isn´t aligned with the sidebar width, search boxes etc.

That's perhaps something I could do yes, please post a suggestion on our forum, we have a dedicated area for feature request.

@MtoR , any ETA on that yet, so we can plan for ourselfs? Days, weeks, months, years?

I think we are talking here in terms of weeks, free products are as you can imagine not in our top priority list but will for sure be updated that's our policy.

Top Bottom