[XFA] MG Categories Layout

[XFA] MG Categories Layout [Paid] 2.3.2

No permission to buy (€2.80)

XFA

XFA submitted a new resource:

[XFA] MG Categories Layout - New categories list layout similar to nodes display for Media Gallery.

Description
With this MG Categories Layout, you can display a new cool category listing in your Media Gallery home, categories and albums index pages, in a similar design to the nodes on your forum.

For an homogeneous experience, you can hide through options the default category menu in the sidebar of the MG.

Read more about this resource...

Hi, can you show a screenshot of what it looks like with expanded and collapsed categories please? Thank You.

screenshot 2016-03-29 09-08-07.webp

Hi, can you show a screenshot of what it looks like with expanded and collapsed categories please? Thank You.

What exactly do you mean, please? The categories listed by this add-on are in the current version not collapsable, like the categories in the side block or the forums of xenforo in most styles. But if enough people buy the add-on and request it, it should be possible, I would think.

Hi is there any live demo please let me know thanks

I did fund the very first version of this add-on, 'cause I wanted to have a similar layout as generated by PhotoPost Pro, which I've used for years.
I did not migrate finally yet, so no live version. But I did testmigrate often. With default style it looks like attached. With styles eg. by Audentio it's not that perfect, one has to modify css to correct some paddings aso.

As you will notice on the screenshot, categories with sub categories won't count comments and don't show last comment. This was done for performance reasons, but it's the biggest flaw of this add-on. It really should be changed somehow.
The index thumbs miss, because in my case those categories only have sub categories and don't contain images themselves. Here would be fine to have the option for manually set a index thumb for those categories, so that it does not look that broken.

This is a good add-on with high potential for well structured galleries, like your marineaquariumsusa ot the zoochat. The few flaws probably can be changed if more people show interest.

Attachments

• categories.webp
    categories.webp
    65.8 KB · Views: 17
Love this plug in but creating an akward space above the categories on RM ? Media gallery does fin just RM can you help me find where to adjust the spacing for this ?Screenshot_42.webp

Does this repeat at the top of each
/media/?page=2
/media/?page=3
/media/?page=4
/media/?page=5

And if so, is there a way to only show the categories on /media/ and not on /media/?page=x

It does repeat. Not having it repeat could be implemented as an option I guess.
If you're interested you can request it in the dedicated node of our forum.

Thanks. I suppose it's only an issue for sites with a lot of categories, in which case clicking on page 2 , page 3, and so on on the media homepage users see the same categories again rather than the page 2 new media which is pushed below the fold.

I got it to not show on the page 2, page 3 , etc. by wrapping the MG Categories template with
<xen:if is="!{$page}">
</xen:if>

This seems to work fine. Thanks.

Reactions: XFA
After installing this, I love the look and it works great, but for some reason /media/index.rss now creates an error when this addon is enabled.
If I disable this addon, /media/index.rss returns an rss feed of the newest media items.
If I enable this addon, /media/index.rss feed is blank or returns a security error.
Individual category rss feeds work normally either way.

This addon is more important to me than the /media/index.rss feed, so I'll choose the addon over the rss feed. But there seems to be some interaction.

Edit: may be same issue as http://www.xen-factory.com/index.php?threads/server-errors-not-sure-if-its-rm-mg-related.1623/

Last edited:
XFA updated [XFA] MG Categories Layout with a new update entry:

Bug fixes and new features

Corrected bugs:
  • MG - Layout issues for categories without a media thumbnail
  • MG - ErrorException: Undefined property: stdClass::$viewName - library/XenForo/Dependencies/Abstract.php:264

New features:
  • MG - Option to enable/disable display of medias count in the albums category
  • MG - Option to enable/disable display of comments count in the albums category
  • MG - Option to enable/disable display of comments count if number of comments is null in categories...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom