1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[XFA] MG Categories Layout [Paid] 2.2.0

New categories list layout similar to nodes display for Media Gallery.

1. XFA

XFA Well-Known Member

XFA submitted a new resource:

[XFA] MG Categories Layout - New categories list layout similar to nodes display for Media Gallery.

Read more about this resource...
  2. XFA

XFA Well-Known Member

3. XFA

XFA Well-Known Member

4. XFA

XFA Well-Known Member

5. XFA

XFA Well-Known Member

6. viper357

viper357 Active Member

Hi, can you show a screenshot of what it looks like with expanded and collapsed categories please? Thank You.

screenshot 2016-03-29 09-08-07.jpg
  7. nomoreturn

nomoreturn Member

Hi is there any live demo please let me know thanks
  8. PyroM

PyroM Active Member

What exactly do you mean, please? The categories listed by this add-on are in the current version not collapsable, like the categories in the side block or the forums of xenforo in most styles. But if enough people buy the add-on and request it, it should be possible, I would think.

I did fund the very first version of this add-on, 'cause I wanted to have a similar layout as generated by PhotoPost Pro, which I've used for years.
    I did not migrate finally yet, so no live version. But I did testmigrate often. With default style it looks like attached. With styles eg. by Audentio it's not that perfect, one has to modify css to correct some paddings aso.

As you will notice on the screenshot, categories with sub categories won't count comments and don't show last comment. This was done for performance reasons, but it's the biggest flaw of this add-on. It really should be changed somehow.
    The index thumbs miss, because in my case those categories only have sub categories and don't contain images themselves. Here would be fine to have the option for manually set a index thumb for those categories, so that it does not look that broken.

This is a good add-on with high potential for well structured galleries, like your marineaquariumsusa ot the zoochat. The few flaws probably can be changed if more people show interest.

Attached Files:

9. Bryan Gilchrist

Bryan Gilchrist Active Member

Same here. I wish they would make this a default option in XMG, but I will be getting this as soon as my site is up and running! :)

PyroM likes this.
  10. XFA

XFA Well-Known Member

PyroM likes this.
  11. HannahKang

HannahKang Member

Love this plug in but creating an akward space above the categories on RM ? Media gallery does fin just RM can you help me find where to adjust the spacing for this ? Screenshot_42.jpg